+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C+ Category NO Response since one month

Umer_212

Nov 8, 2023
Hi,
I am just here to ask that i have filled my own Canada visitor visa from UK. Application was completed on 21/09/23 and biometric was updated on 26/09/23
Since then no update on the application
Below are the details showing on my portal.
Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.

Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics
  • September 27, 2023 Completed.

Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
As i have USA B1/B2 visa and already visited USA as well so technically my application is under can+ category.
I haven’t done this application before please can you let me know whats is going on as some of the people told me that they got their whole process done under 1 month and in my case it is more then 1 month.
with whom i can contact to escalate the matter. As i have plan to spend Christmas holidays there.
Please do let me know what is happening

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I am just here to ask that i have filled my own Canada visitor visa from UK. Application was completed on 21/09/23 and biometric was updated on 26/09/23
Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Interview

Biometrics

Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
As i have USA B1/B2 visa and already visited USA as well so technically my application is under can+ category.
I haven’t done this application before please can you let me know whats is going on as some of the people told me that they got their whole process done under 1 month and in my case it is more then 1 month.
with whom i can contact to escalate the matter. As i have plan to spend Christmas holidays there.
Nothing you can do. It has only been a month. IRCC decides if your file will be processed under CAN+ and you are not told whether it is or not. Your file has yet to start eligibility but under background check.

Umer_212

Nov 8, 2023
Nothing you can do. It has only been a month. IRCC decides if your file will be processed under CAN+ and you are not told whether it is or not. Your file has yet to start eligibility but under background check.
hi thanks for replying, i got your point, well do you have any idea how long they take to review the application, as my travel plan is ỉn Christmas holidays and that what i have mentioned in the file as well.
and one more thing in the documents they only asked me USA visa nothing else. Sỏ hopefully they will process under CAN+

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi thanks for replying, i got your point, well do you have any idea how long they take to review the application, as my travel plan is ỉn Christmas holidays and that what i have mentioned in the file as well.
and one more thing in the documents they only asked me USA visa nothing else. Sỏ hopefully they will process under CAN+
I can’t say how long it will take even if processed as CAN+. IRCC doesn’t factor in your travel plans in reviewing your file. They say not to purchase tickets. When eligibility starts then you should have an answer soon if you have a US visa.

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Hi,
Review of eligibility

Interview

Biometrics

Background check

Final decision
Hey mate,
We both are having same timeline, same category CAN+ and applied for same country. Don't worry mate I haven't heard any update in my file yet. Just background check shits. One of my friend who applied on 04/09/2023 still waiting for reply. Currently processing time is 72 days in the UK. We don't have any other options apart from waiting.

Umer_212

Nov 8, 2023
I can’t say how long it will take even if processed as CAN+. IRCC doesn’t factor in your travel plans in reviewing your file. They say not to purchase tickets. When eligibility starts then you should have an answer soon if you have a US visa.
thank you so much for the information, i was just worried if they will not goona process before travel plan maybe that thing will effect visa outcome. But finger crossed they will start eligibility soon.

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
thank you so much for the information, i was just worried if they will not goona process before travel plan maybe that thing will effect visa outcome. But finger crossed they will start eligibility soon.
We both are same situation. My plans are also around the Christmas but let see how it goes.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Currently processing time is 250+ days from UK. I guess they will give us visa for next Christmas.
Posted processing times are just estimated averages but the extremely long wait times are leftover from Covid times. Some are still using data from periods where travel was limited to only certain travellers. If you wanna better idea of processing times I would look for examples of other recent applicants. In general people either receive approval/refusal very quickly if being processed by AI but if being processed manually it typically takes a few months if not longer.

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Posted processing times are just estimated averages but the extremely long wait times are leftover from Covid times. Some are still using data from periods where travel was limited to only certain travellers. If you wanna better idea of processing times I would look for examples of other recent applicants. In general people either receive approval/refusal very quickly if being processed by AI but if being processed manually it typically takes a few months if not longer.
Thank you for your valuable input. Well, I know how it processed I have already wasted 1.5 years just for processing during covid and post covid but what I'm surprised to see that still they don't have any other plans to process files as quickly as possible.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your valuable input. Well, I know how it processed I have already wasted 1.5 years just for processing during covid and post covid but what I'm surprised to see that still they don't have any other plans to process files as quickly as possible.
If you waited 1.5 years then you either didn’t qualify to travel or didn’t reapply using the new portal as directed. A few months is not actually a long processing time given the volume of applicants. Depending on your profile some visitors from Pakistan get approved/refused within a few weeks. Processing certain files and from certain countries can take longer because there are increased risk of Citizens claiming asylum, overstaying, not actually visiting but trying to secure work permits once in Canada, etc. Canada has actually decreased the amount of applicants who need manual review this year which has resulted in a huge spike of people flying into Canada to claim asylum or try to secure work permits not actually visit. It Is very hard and expensive to deport people from Canada so Canada tries to take more time to assess applications before arrival.

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
I believe, CAN+ is a dead category.
In practice, I have never seen any difference in processing or outcome of CAN+ vs Regular applications.

My own CAN+ category application was processed after 65 days when the processing time was 27 days in my country.

Reactions: marmik1617

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
I believe, CAN+ is a dead category.
In practice, I have never seen any difference in processing or outcome of CAN+ vs Regular applications.

My own CAN+ category application was processed after 65 days when the processing time was 27 days in my country.

That's absolutely correct. IRCC is totally unpredictable now a days.

Kumza

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023
If you waited 1.5 years then you either didn’t qualify to travel or didn’t reapply using the new portal as directed. A few months is not actually a long processing time given the volume of applicants. Depending on your profile some visitors from Pakistan get approved/refused within a few weeks. Processing certain files and from certain countries can take longer because there are increased risk of Citizens claiming asylum, overstaying, not actually visiting but trying to secure work permits once in Canada, etc. Canada has actually decreased the amount of applicants who need manual review this year which has resulted in a huge spike of people flying into Canada to claim asylum or try to secure work permits not actually visit. It Is very hard and expensive to deport people from Canada so Canada tries to take more time to assess applications before arrival.
So are you saying we should not use GC apply? Like it’s better to use the IRCC portal? But people in the UK have been waiting for almost a year. I don’t know anyone with approval from UK and processing times are now 580 days.

Kumza

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023
Hi,
Review of eligibility

Interview

Biometrics

Background check

Final decision
Did you use IRCC portal or GC KEY? And have you heard anything back?