+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

dizzy007

Jun 16, 2016
App. Filed.......
15-10-2017
Hello guys,

I'v been a daily silent follower of this forum for over 2 years now and I didn't think that I would actually need to request help. But here I am asking for your guidance/advice.
What's the best way to get my travel history other than submitting an ATIP form thru CBSA. ( might take up to 30days).
I just noticed that I'm missing some stamps on my passport...
Note that all my exists/entry were at the international airport Pierre-Elliot Trudeau - MTL, QC

PS:Thank you spyfy for all your contribution !

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
==
Hello Spyfy and others, I need to know about Question 13 please.

It says do you have any immigration or citizenship status in any other country, including your country of birth?

Well I am born in Dubai, but always had a Pakistani passport. Should I answer yes and list Pakistan info?
You had citizenship in Pakistan (list it!) and some kind of status in Dubai (list it!)

Reactions: alibhai800

uma057

Oct 5, 2017
I would also say that it is very likely your application will be returned. This is exactly the kind of thing I warned people of when they were trying to rush their applications.
Hi Spyfy

Can u help me in my situation. I want to ask that when filling my tax return i used different mailing address then the actual address where i was living. How will that effect my application. CIC will issue my RQ becuase of this discrepency. Should i use the same address on my citizenship application that is on my tax return.
Sorry for posting my question multiple times.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hello guys,

I'v been a daily silent follower of this forum for over 2 years now and I didn't think that I would actually need to request help. But here I am asking for your guidance/advice.
What's the best way to get my travel history other than submitting an ATIP form thru CBSA. ( might take up to 30days).
I just noticed that I'm missing some stamps on my passport...
Note that all my exists/entry were at the international airport Pierre-Elliot Trudeau - MTL, QC

PS:Thank you spyfy for all your contribution !
ATIP is your only chance. But it takes a month to get it.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi Spyfy

Can u help me in my situation. I want to ask that when filling my tax return i used different mailing address then the actual address where i was living. How will that effect my application. CIC will issue my RQ becuase of this discrepency. Should i use the same address on my citizenship application that is on my tax return.
Sorry for posting my question multiple times.
Most importantly, use the addresses that are correct NOW. Do not try to meddle with the actual info just to make it work with some old info.

IRCC understands that mailing addresses can change. I doubt they will have a problem with a different address on your tax return. In fact I doubt they will even look at the address on your tax return.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Generally, they don't like if you do any of that, paperclips, staples etc. But no worries, they won't return the application because of that. They will just talk about you over lunch "OMG, today I had one of those applicants that stapled their application and now I have to unstaple it. So much work, amirite?" :)
Lmao. Oh well. Sorry for them.

Its easier work for them instead of siphing through paperwork unrelated

Reactions: spyfy

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Generally, they don't like if you do any of that, paperclips, staples etc. But no worries, they won't return the application because of that. They will just talk about you over lunch "OMG, today I had one of those applicants that stapled their application and now I have to unstaple it. So much work, amirite?" :)
hahaha very well portrayed! :D

uma057

Oct 5, 2017
Most importantly, use the addresses that are correct NOW. Do not try to meddle with the actual info just to make it work with some old info.

IRCC understands that mailing addresses can change. I doubt they will have a problem with a different address on your tax return. In fact I doubt they will even look at the address on your tax return.
Thanks a lot.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
@spyfy 1st post doesnt talk about Q13.

Does USA L1 and B1/B2 count towards section 13? I have held L1 in the past and holding B1/B2 currently. I have put both of them in that section. Thoughts?
Holding a visa is not the same as holding an immigration status. IRCC is concerned about statuses that confer the right to live in another country. A B1/B2 visa does not confer that right, but a L1 does (as does an H1B). So, you would have to mention the L1 only.

Reactions: amitdi

Montreal101

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Hi Everyone,
I hope you are enjoying your applications after yesterday chaos,
I just found out that in my last trip to the states, the officer stamped my entry passport to the states on 12/05 :) but actually i traveled on 13/05
my ticket and my I94 show 13/05 too

my question in the reason of absence should i clarify that there was a mistake from the officer side and my documents supporting that, or i shouldn't trigger that and just write the reason of the trip

Thanks for the answer in advance

Reactions: I love canada 99

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi Everyone,
I hope you are enjoying your applications after yesterday chaos,
I just found out that in my last trip to the states, the officer stamped my entry passport to the states on 12/05 :) but actually i traveled on 13/05
my ticket and my I94 show 13/05 too

my question in the reason of absence should i clarify that there was a mistake from the officer side and my documents supporting that, or i should trigger that and just write the reason of the trip

Thanks for the answer in advance
- in the residency calculator, enter the TRUE date (which seems to be 13/05)
- when you have your citizenship interview, bring documents that support your claim that 13/05 is the correct date (e.g. your I94 or any ticket information), in case they check your stamps
- if they send you an RQ and ask for all the stamps, send them the stamps but also an explanation of the mix up and supporting documents

I would not go through the hassle of mentioning it in the "reason" field for now. That's not a reason, after all.

Reactions: Montreal101

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Holding a visa is not the same as holding an immigration status. IRCC is concerned about statuses that confer the right to live in another country. A B1/B2 visa does not confer that right, but a L1 does (as does an H1B). So, you would have to mention the L1 only.
Yes, I agree. What matters is status that allows you to live there. Like study visa, work visa, immigration visa, ...

If you simply had status to visit a country, it is not a status they care about.

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
Hi Guys
I had obtained an amendment to your Record of Landing (COPR) for change in Date of original entry(which was originally wrong on my COPR), I will attach the COPR and and amendment letter with my application, but do I need to clarify that in the application form, I guess that Q5 just states mentioning change in name

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi Guys
I had obtained an amendment to your Record of Landing (COPR) for change in Date of original entry(which was originally wrong on my COPR), I will attach the COPR and and amendment letter with my application, but do I need to clarify that in the application form, I guess that Q5 just states mentioning change in name
You do NOT need to attach CoPR, VOS, IMM1000 or any comparable document anymore. It has been removed from the checklist and has also been removed from the instruction guide (the official twitter account confirmed it was just an error that the document was still in there)

Reactions: GBH