+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
There's a reason why they give you a box with a 400 word limit on each trip you take...they don't want to read a whole essay about where you went and what you did lol.

You can very easily fit the reasons for travelling to multiple places within that word limit. Just be concise. You went to Lebanon to "visit family". You went to Cuba for "vacation". You traveled to USA to "attend a conference" or "work trip". That's it.
I think that, in this particular day-&-age, that applicants with any Middle Eastern travels would be wise to provide slightly more upfront detail of their travels/itineraries than persons nipping down to the US to shop; hence the wisdom of the attached added explanatory page.

Karami

Oct 19, 2017
(i.) Yes, I think that you ought to list any alternative spellings/renditions of your name which you've either used or have been known by by people or groups or institutions in your past. This is done for completeness' sake, for being totally upfront about everything, so that nothing 'red flags' your citizenship application to hold you up.

(ii.) The most excellent SPYFY actually addressed this query/quandary in his very first post on this thread.

(iii.) Did you have a social security person or an immigrant counsellor or a volunteer or a priest or any kindly person helping you who you could list there? Your solicitor or bank manager or doctor?

(iv.) The calculator is solely for determining whether or not one has met the requisite residency requirements to be able to apply for citizenship. So it doesn't care where you were/went for its calculational purposes. But I think it would be wise to follow the most excellent SPYFY's general advice (page one of this thread) and to attach an accompanying explanatory page providing details of your travels/itineraries.

Good luck with your application.

Thank you so much for the valuable comments... So in question 11) where I was un-employed, there must be a name??

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
- The folks at the Sydney office will attach your PCC to your file once they receive the PCC. It will not get lost. They deal with additional documents all the time :)
Untrue. I sent my pcc in separately during my PR application process in 2013 and CIC/IRCC certainly did lose/misplace it; they then rudely wrote to me demanding another one with thirty days or my application would be being cancelled. Nobody should send anything in to CIC/IRCC later and separate from their application if they can possibly avoid ever having to do so, in my hard-won experience. Otherwise you may end up as I did, desperately phoning CIC/IRCC to beg and implore a bureaucrat to take an interest and to physically go look in their mailroom for the definitely signed-for-on-receipt couriered envelope containing the already-duly-provided precious original pcc document.

Last edited:

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Thank you so much for the valuable comments... So in question 11) where I was un-employed, there must be a name??
No, it's not a 'must' thing, but it would be wise to put one, if you're able to; just anyone, preferably a Canadian citizen or PR, who could attest to your whereabouts etc. during that period of unemployment.

Karami

Oct 19, 2017
Guys, regarding question 13...
If I had temporary work visa resident, shall I declare it? It was in a country (UAE, Qatar) which never grants citizenship to Lebanese.
Please can u let me know ?

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi, I visited my home country once for 50 days and the other for 38 days. I just visited my family there. Do I need to write address for visits too?

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Untrue. I sent my pcc in separately during my PR application process in 2013 and CIC/IRCC certainly did lose/misplace it; they then rudely wrote to me demanding another one with thirty days or my application would be being cancelled. Nobody should send anything in to CIC/IRCC later and separate from their application if they can possibly avoid ever having to do so, in my hard-won experience. Otherwise you may end up as I did, desperately phoning CIC/IRCC to beg and implore a bureaucrat to take an interest and to physically go look in their mailroom for the definitely signed-for-on-receipt couriered envelope containing the already-duly-provided precious original pcc document.
So what would you advise the person asking the question then?!

P.S. I had to send my PCC for my PR and it was received with no problems. I suppose I might've been lucky but I'd have to believe you were an unfortunate outlier given what you went through.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
So what would you advise the person asking the question then?!

P.S. I had to send my PCC for my PR and it was received with no problems. I suppose I might've been lucky but I'd have to believe you were an unfortunate outlier given what you went through.
To attach an explanatory page referencing that particular Question, as per the excellent SPYFY's good advice in his opening post on this thread.

smoove1

Oct 19, 2017
First of all, it's not fraud. For fraud, you would have had to intentionally withhold/alter information. In the very worst case they would not accept your application and you have to reapply. But you do NOT face any charges for it, no worries.

Secondly, it definitely can't hurt that once you received AOR you submit that additional info. Simply write it down and mention that you misread the instructions.

Here is the information on how to do that:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Please note that you have to wait for AOR (usually 4-6 weeks) before you can submit anything.

Thanks a lot, Spyfy! much appreciated!
In case they return it, do I need to pay the fees again or I could use the same receipt?

haven_asdn

May 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
Med's Request
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
NA, RPRF request: 25-06-2013
Passport Req..
Week 4, November 2013
LANDED..........
already in canada
Hello @spyfy :

1. About question no. 6, I never used any other names other than the name I used in answering question 4b. So Can I just leave section 6 blank in the form? Will that be a problem?

2. I have a masters degree certificate from Concordia University, Canada. But in the certificate, it is not written that the courses were in English or French. Although the full course was in English. Can I submit that copy of the certificate as a proof of my English proficiency? The logic is the university is inside Canada, so by default all the courses were in either English or in French.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hello @spyfy :

1. About question no. 6, I never used any other names other than the name I used in answering question 4b. So Can I just leave section 6 blank in the form? Will that be a problem?

2. I have a masters degree certificate from Concordia University, Canada. But in the certificate, it is not written that the courses were in English or French. Although the full course was in English. Can I submit that copy of the certificate as a proof of my English proficiency? The logic is the university is inside Canada, so by default all the courses were in either English or in French.
1. Let me ask the other way around: Why don't you just list it again? :)

2. Yes that should be enough. No one would question that Concordia teaches in English (mostly) or in French (sometimes) and both is fine.

Reactions: haven_asdn

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Thanks a lot, Spyfy! much appreciated!
In case they return it, do I need to pay the fees again or I could use the same receipt?
If I am informed correctly (someone else might want to chime in): If your application is returned before AOR (that means they return it because it is deemed incomplete) then you can either ask to get your money back or use it for reapplying. But if your application made it past AOR and actually is processed, the fee is gone, no matter if they accept your application in the end or not.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi, I visited my home country once for 50 days and the other for 38 days. I just visited my family there. Do I need to write address for visits too?
This is answered in the FAQ