waiver
Passport Req..
Friday, January 31, 2014 11:16:40 PM
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
khokharzee said:
If anyone is interested in reading about Forgotton of Buffalo. Here is an article I found

BY TOBI COHEN, POSTMEDIA NEWS AUGUST 28, 2013
OTTAWA — The federal government remains confident that the majority of so-called “forgotten” Buffalo immigration applications will be completed by the end of the season as promised even though new figures suggest nearly 40 per cent of the files have yet to be processed.

With just a month to go before summer draws to an end, 3,568 applications remain in the queue, according to the figures obtained by Postmedia News and considered up-to-date as of Aug. 20.

“Most of the files that were transferred from Buffalo to the Ottawa processing office will be completed by the end of summer 2013,” Citizenship and Immigration spokeswoman Sonia Lesage said in an email.

“For the majority of immigration streams, new applications submitted to Ottawa are being processed more quickly than they were during the same time last year in Buffalo.”

Lesage suggested the ongoing strike by foreign service workers will not impact the processing of the remaining Buffalo files. Several foreign visa offices were shut down as a result of the strike and the central processing centre has had to take on some of the burden as a result.

Some 9,417 files, many of them recent university graduates with in-demand skills, were transferred to Ottawa when the government closed the upstate New York visa office in May 2012 after announcing foreign students and workers living in Canada would no longer have to leave the country to renew a visa or apply for permanent residency.

Citizenship and Immigration, however, came under fire in December after antsy applicants — a number of whom had already waited as long as two years for their papers while watching others who applied later get their permanent residency before them — started to complain about delays.

The NDP accused overworked and understaffed citizenship officers of simply forgetting about the boxes of Buffalo files sitting in the corner after the move as many of the applicants hadn't even received a file number much less been assigned a case worker which meant their applications were still in the very early stages of processing.

The government acknowledged delays of around 15 months at the time and promised the Buffalo files would be completed by the end of summer 2013.

According to the figures released by Citizenship and Immigration, 4,982 Buffalo files have so far been approved, 483 were refused and 384 were withdrawn.

The bulk of files, including the majority of pending files, involve skilled worker and provincial applicants.
we only can cry :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

candyboy

Oct 1, 2012
Hi Guys,
Got my passport request today! :D I am preparing the documents and photos to send them ASAP.
FSW-1
Submitted my application to CIO Sydney, NS on June 1rst 2010
Approved on November 2010
Supporting documents were sent to Buffalo on Feb 2011
Medicals and RPRF on May 29 2012 (right on the day that the Buffalo office was closed)
No update until April 12, 2013. They asked me to update Generic, Schedule one forms plus settlement fund update
Documents were sent to OTT-P in May
Got another email from OTT-P in July to update settlement fund again
Got Passport request on August 30, 2013

Now Question: By any chance do you have any idea how long it takes to get my Visa in hand and how much time they will give me to land?

Thanks all!

fiath

Apr 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2011
Doc's Request.
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
mid June 2011
Med's Request
26-06-2013
Med's Done....
10/7/2013
Passport Req..
14/8/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
amitseth79 said:
Hello Guys,

I have got my passport back with Immigration Visa from Ottawa. I will be landing soon.. It took me 3 years and had lovely experience. Good Luck to everyone
We got our passport yesterday and landed last night. It took us about 2 years and 4 months.

Good luck everyone. You are getting there!

callmeqqx

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo----CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2011
Doc's Request.
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2011
File Transfer...
July,2012
Med's Request
08-07-2013
Med's Done....
16-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2013(Received by Ottawa on 26-08-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2013(Sent out by Ottawa on 09-09-2013)
LANDED..........
14-09-2013(Rainbow Bridge)
fiath said:
We got our passport yesterday and landed last night. It took us about 2 years and 4 months.

Good luck everyone. You are getting there!
Cong~

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
damodar said:
USA will issue you visa very easily just book appointment with them
and show them interview letter
Why not request for a video-conference interview? You never can tell, they may have this option. There is no error in asking

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
bravoo said:
Dear All,

I have started working on USA Visa, but I am dam sure that my company in saudi would never allow me to take few days off as I am the only one working on my project, but still I would try if I get the US visa.

I also thinking about the other option of transferring my file to Abu Dabi,

What are the pros and cons for this? Plz suggest and also suppose If I transfer my file to Abu Dabi, would processing resume from the same (interview) stage OR it would be treated as a new file which again will be queued for unlimited time.

bravoo
Dear All,

waiting for your input..... I need your help...

bravoo

damodar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
bravoo said:
Dear All,

bravoo
apply visitor visa do not delay more now
if u think transfer your interview somewhere in local area
it easily take more than 2 months so y you wasting time
get usa visa

damodar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
bravoo said:
Dear All,

bravoo
I have one question for you , I know you can help me
coz u applied also under arrange employment (AEO)
did they asked you to provide LMO rather than AEO in early may 2013 , when they asked you all other documents
or they just asked you for job offer letter

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
damodar said:
apply visitor visa do not delay more now
if u think transfer your interview somewhere in local area
it easily take more than 2 months so y you wasting time
get usa visa
I have traveled to 4 countries in last 5 years, This would defiantly delay the USA visa as they thoroughly do the BG check and i have only 2 months time. I read USA visit visa blogs and people says its not easy to get USA visit visa based on the interview call letter. one of this forum member had the same situation like me and he got refused by US embassy, then he requested for telephonic interview and New York office took his interview over the phone.

So I am planning to send an email to New York, to arrange an telephonic interview for me..let's see what they reply.

I am tensed and just want go away from this embassy, Visas, appointments, inquiries world.....I am sick of it now

bravoo

damodar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
bravoo said:
I have traveled to 4 countries in last 5 years, This would defiantly delay the USA visa as they thoroughly do the BG check and i have only 2 months time. I read USA visit visa blogs and people says its not easy to get USA visit visa based on the interview call letter. one of this forum member had the same situation like me and he got refused by US embassy, then he requested for telephonic interview and New York office took his interview over the phone.

So I am planning to send an email to New York, to arrange an telephonic interview for me..let's see what they reply.

I am tensed and just want go away from this embassy, Visas, appointments, inquiries world.....I am sick of it now

bravoo
because u applied also under arrange employment (AEO)
did they asked you to provide LMO rather than AEO in early may 2013 , when they asked you all other documents

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
damodar said:
because u applied also under arrange employment (AEO)
Damodar,

No! CIC never asked me any document related to my AEO.

bravoo

judy_colsius

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
First Buffalo, then CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 14, 2012
Doc's Request.
March 28, 2012
Nomination.....
December 21, 2012
Med's Request
May 09, 2012
Med's Done....
May 21, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 06, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22, 2013(lawyer received my PP)
xse2573 said:
Got my stamped passport back and COPR this morning. Thank You God!!!
Landing is next.....Please can anyone confirm if l can land anywhere?
or it must be Quebec....I got a cheaper flight deal to Toronto as compared
to Montreal
Xse,

Congrats....this is judy here.

Yes, the landing is a complicated process: be sure to read everything on the internet before u get to Canada. Also, YES : U MUST LAND IN QUEBEC...DONT LISTEN TO WHAT PEOPLE ARE TELLING U: I REPEAT: U MUST LAND IN QUEBEC....ELSE YOU WILL BE IN A LOT OF TROUBLE. ALSO, WHEN THE IMMIG OFFICIALS ASK WHERE YOU ARE HEADED TO YOU MUST GIVE THEM THE DESTINATION WHICH IS STATED ON YOUR CSQ FORM.

Couple of imp tips from my personal experience:
1) if u r planning on not going back at all: carry all your cash with you, in money order format....and about a 1000K or slightly more in real cash. It will save you a world of hassle.

2) Canada is not like the US: things happen very slowly here and are way more expensive. So things relating to car insurance and car costs are insane here. Beware of all these before u get here. Parking is through the roof.

Let me know if you need more info,
Judy

feng1212

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-11-2011
AOR Received.
Jun-18-2011
File Transfer...
july 2012 ottawa
Med's Request
Dec-03-2013
Med's Done....
Jan-06-2014
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
Friday, January 31, 2014 11:16:40 PM
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Up-to-date as of Aug. 20, Ottawa has processed 5949 files transfered from Buffalo, and 3,568 applications from Buffalo remain in the queue. So all the cases from Buffalo maybe processed in 7 months. we can get MR before Next April. Just wait.

Please give mike2ca good ratings

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Can you please send us link to this information ? Thanks!

feng1212 said:
Up-to-date as of Aug. 20, Ottawa has processed 5949 files transfered from Buffalo, and 3,568 applications from Buffalo remain in the queue. So all the cases from Buffalo maybe processed in 7 months. we can get MR before Next April. Just wait.

Please give mike2ca good ratings