+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing down

emanager

Mar 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chimbombo said:
Well it would be easy to forget about PR if you are not waiting for a kid. My girlfriend (she is Canadian) is pregnant and her due date is August 2. So, you cannot imagine how much I need the PR at this point to look for a new job. Because at this moment the company where I work is struggling and they put me on minimum wage instead of laid me off. In some way they gave me a hand.

I'm so stressed..... :'( and I cannot do anything
Hey friend!!
when do you think you will be able to apply for an open work permit?

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
emanager said:
Hey friend!!
I have to apply for open work permist as well

longest_wait

Oct 1, 2012
I am a June 2011 applicant, so i'd like to pass my condolences to everyone who's applied before me and haven't got this crap sorted out yet.

I've tried everything I could (Contacted MP, Minister, CIC) and everyone has replied saying they can't do jack.

Currently and for more than god-knows-how-many months, my application is still stuck at the security/background check. Funny thing is, I became an adult in Canada and haven't lived anywhere else for more than 6 months since the age of 17. Yet, still stuck in background check (ridiculous?)

Does any one know how long this background check thing takes? My ecas has been "in process" since last December.

Anyone know any other way? Get a lawyer, go to court, call the dam security check office, etc?

I am really hating how unfair this processing system is. People from 2012 are already complaining, what does that leave us 2011-2010 applicants?

Cheers and hoping everyone gets their applications completed ASAP

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
longest_wait said:
I am a June 2011 applicant, so i'd like to pass my condolences to everyone who's applied before me and haven't got this crap sorted out yet.

I've tried everything I could (Contacted MP, Minister, CIC) and everyone has replied saying they can't do jack.

Currently and for more than god-knows-how-many months, my application is still stuck at the security/background check. Funny thing is, I became an adult in Canada and haven't lived anywhere else for more than 6 months since the age of 17. Yet, still stuck in background check (ridiculous?)

Does any one know how long this background check thing takes? My ecas has been "in process" since last December.

Anyone know any other way? Get a lawyer, go to court, call the dam security check office, etc?

I am really hating how unfair this processing system is. People from 2012 are already complaining, what does that leave us 2011-2010 applicants?

We wait meanwhile people from August 2012 September 2012 getting PPR

HMIDATOU

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, it's finally here. I just contacted cpp-ottawa, and they realized that they made a mistake in my last ppr, the agent told me that i will get any email by the end of the day with the correct instruction on how to send the passports. my previous email was to send a photocopy of my passports and they corrected it and they are asking for the actual passports. Finally This journey comes to an end.
I want to thank everyone in this forum, to all those who helped me go through this. Thank you all.
Finally PPR in my mailbox.
Praise GOD.

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
HMIDATOU said:
Guys, it's finally here. I just contacted cpp-ottawa, and they realized that they made a mistake in my last ppr, the agent told me that i will get any email by the end of the day with the correct instruction on how to send the passports. my previous email was to send a photocopy of my passports and they corrected it and they are asking for the actual passports. Finally This journey comes to an end.
I want to thank everyone in this forum, to all those who helped me go through this. Thank you all.
Praise GOD.
Congrats.. and hope we all receive it soon...Praise the Lord....

chimbombo

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ---> CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2011
Nomination.....
02-04-2011
AOR Received.
30-08-2011
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
15-09-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2013
LANDED..........
waiting
emanager said:
Hey friend!!
I already did. I suppose the open work permit should be here at the middle or end of May.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
longest_wait said:

Hi friend! I have been waiting since Dec. 2010 for the federals to finish their job. No one knows when BG checks will finish. GCMS notes does even show when they are initiated. such details are confidential. Here is what I am doing to deal with the long wait.
I have my MP talk to CIC about my case every month.
I am also going through BG checks. No one knows when it will finish. It depends on many things like your name, citizenship, religion, employers, etc...there is nothing we or even CIC can do about this. It is other agencies that do the BG checks. We don't even know who does our BG checks and we are not supposed to know anyways.
I think as if I will have to wait yet another year to get the PR....there is nothing we can do about this problem...It is double bad luck! first we got delayed over closure of the visa office in Buffalo. Second, Buffalo flanged us for extra BG checks but Buffalo did not initiate those checks. This is what is hurting us right now. Now that Ottawa wants to finalize our case our BG checks are not ready. ...

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
longest_wait said:

Hi Fella,

Don't go by what u read in ECAS. Its updated randomly. Get GMSS notes. That would be a start and then call a provincial minister from ur ward.

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
chimbombo said:
I already did. I suppose the open work permit should be here at the middle or end of May.
Did you do it online? What documents they asked/scanned?

Josie281

Apr 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NL PNP
AOR Received.
March 28th 2012
Med's Request
April 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Interview........
Decision Made- August 14th
HMIDATOU said:
Praise GOD.
Congrats!!! Can I ask, how did you contact cpp-ottawa? By phone or by the normal email? If by phone, what number did you call?

emanager

Mar 29, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pari123 said:
Did you do it online? What documents they asked/scanned?
I think we will upload previous PNP document again in place of LMO as we did before and we dont need a new job offer but instead i will scan old work permit stating expiry date and you can always specify some text as a cover letter requesting an open work permit and BOOM.... that should be it....

prabz

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-03-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
15-03-2012
Med's Request
15-05-2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
emanager said:
I think we will upload previous PNP document again in place of LMO as we did before and we dont need a new job offer but instead i will scan old work permit stating expiry date and you can always specify some text as a cover letter requesting an open work permit and BOOM.... that should be it....
Hey emanager did you hear anything from cic regarding your file any updates? is your file in progress?

HMIDATOU

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Josie281 said:
Congrats!!! Can I ask, how did you contact cpp-ottawa? By phone or by the normal email? If by phone, what number did you call?
by email. this time they were quick for some reason.