Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
chimbombo said:
Hi guys I need your help again.

What happen if I get married with a Canadian citizen. While I'm waiting for CPP-Ottawa to finalize my file. Is this marriage gonna delay my application?

Thanks.
Judging from Cytic's email the important bit of information is mentioned below.

"If you decide to submit a Family Class application, your Skilled Worker application (or in any other category) will not be affected. Once a positive decision is made on either application the other application will be closed."

There used to be a member on this forum who was married to a Canadian Citizen. She was asked to provide many documents in order to prove genuine relationship with her husband. Eventually, she got a PPR and I hope she has become PR by now.

If I was in your situation I would have waited for at least by the end of FEB to get married. The reason is that maybe your file get finalized or receive some kind of updates from CPP-O. Getting married at this time might delay your file. First CIC will ask u to send some forms and then you have to submit forms and documentation to prove your relationship to ur wife-to-be.

If you have already received an update from CPP-O then they are asking you to provide PCCs , personal history, etc. Then get married asap and update your status. It might assist your case and you might get PPR sooner than expected.

If you work permit is expiring then I suggest getting married and apply in family sponsor class.This will be a good option as you don't have to leave CA.

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
newbie1982 said:
Judging from Cytic's email the important bit of information is mentioned below.

"If you decide to submit a Family Class application, your Skilled Worker application (or in any other category) will not be affected. Once a positive decision is made on either application the other application will be closed."

There used to be a member on this forum who was married to a Canadian Citizen. She was asked to provide many documents in order to prove genuine relationship with her husband. Eventually, she got a PPR and I hope she has become PR by now.

If I was in your situation I would have waited for at least by the end of FEB to get married. The reason is that maybe your file get finalized or receive some kind of updates from CPP-O. Getting married at this time might delay your file. First CIC will ask u to send some forms and then you have to submit forms and documentation to prove your relationship to ur wife-to-be.

If you have already received an update from CPP-O then they are asking you to provide PCCs , personal history, etc. Then get married asap and update your status. It might assist your case and you might get PPR sooner than expected.

If you work permit is expiring then I suggest getting married and apply in family sponsor class.This will be a good option as you don't have to leave CA.
Sorry for asking this silly question but whats a PPR and a PR?

nega

Sep 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo----> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Sep 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
dumdumhogayamein said:
Sorry for asking this silly question but whats a PPR and a PR?
PR: Permanent Resident
PPR: Passport Request

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Pretty Slow day.........No good news up till now.

odis

Sep 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
AOR Received.
30-08-2011
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
01-10-2011
Med's Done....
15-10-2011
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting
Hi guys

just a quick update, so I emailed Ottawa office yesterday and they got back to me today and attached the Biodata form, and said sorry to send me the wrong email amd informed me to send in my passport.

RWilco

Dec 11, 2012
odis said:
Hi guys

just a quick update, so I emailed Ottawa office yesterday and they got back to me today and attached the Biodata form, and said sorry to send me the wrong email amd informed me to send in my passport.
Sounds like you did the right thing -- congrats on getting your PPR, and thanks for posting your update on the forum.

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Hi Folks,

I had to call my lawyer to find out about the E-CAS not working and no reply from NY Consulate, my lawyer finally got some information. Now they need another RCMP clearance my me and my wife when we had already provided them with one in September 2011.

This is seriously getting frustrating, i am loosing it. i mean seriously WTF, where does this stop, a few months later they will ask me to get FBI or Medicals or God only knows what and then the cycle starts again. F....... ridiculous.

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
odis said:
Hi guys

Congratulations on PPR..
but why did they sent you Biodata from? did they ask you to fill the same...

Syed

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
I would like to bring an update to you folks here:

I am an April 2011 applicant.
I was requested to Re-Do the meds two days ago. I was also asked to send them updated personal histories and CV.
I was also asked to pay the Right of PR fee.

Also, they asked for a new police certificate, but since i had not left the country since then, they said I dont need to send them.
I have had bunch of emails from CIC- Ott-pilot during last 2 days,

I dont have any idea if these are good or bad, but you may want to keep your faith in their promises that they would look at our files in Feb 2013.

best wishes for all

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
hmdlsd said:

I was requested to Re-Do the meds two days ago. I was also asked to send them updated personal histories and CV.

Also, they asked for a new police certificate, but since i had not left the country since then, they said I dont need to send them.

I dont have any idea if these are good or bad, but you may want to keep your faith in their promises that they would look at our files in Feb 2013.

best wishes for all
Hi hmdlsd
same thing happened to me ..but they only asked me to send personal history...

why did they ask CV from you...I do not really get them. we are CSQ holders and that part is done...

I guess I need to get ready with update police certificate...as I visited home country for a month...

Syed

RWilco

Dec 11, 2012
dumdumhogayamein said:
Hi Folks,

I had to call my lawyer to find out about the E-CAS not working and no reply from NY Consulate, my lawyer finally got some information. Now they need another RCMP clearance my me and my wife when we had already provided them with one in September 2011.

This is seriously getting frustrating, i am loosing it. i mean seriously WTF, where does this stop, a few months later they will ask me to get FBI or Medicals or God only knows what and then the cycle starts again. F....... ridiculous.
Were you able to confirm if your file has been assigned to a case officer yet? That would definitely be a positive sign. I'm hopeful that those applications that disappeared from e-cas have all been assigned to a case officer, which at least means they are no longer collecting dust waiting for more documents to expire past their usefulness. Unfortunately without e-cas or a functional equivalent we have no visibility into our status.

It does seem to me that there's been more activity the last couple of weeks than there has been for several weeks prior, even though some of the emails have been frustrating (please re-submit xxx) or strange (like odis getting a PPR but with the wrong email content)... I've got to think those are improving indicators over the nothingness we've seen for so long. I know it doesn't sound like much, but try to stay positive, I think there's good reason to expect that our applications are finally on the move.

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hmdlsd said:

best wishes for all
Hi I have one question Did you ask Cpp-O that do you really need a police certificate or did they mention it in their email that a police certificate is
not required?

hmdlsd

Aug 31, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Nomination.....
Mar 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
File Transfer...
July 7th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 2011 + Feb 2013
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2013 Finally
First they asked to do it.
Then I replied that I have been here in Canada.
Then they told me it is not necessary to send it in my case.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
hmdlsd said:

best wishes for all
are you still able to check your status on Ecas or you get the same stupid error that it cannot identify you?