Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-05-2012
Med's Request
26-05-2012
PHILCAD said:
HI GUYS! JUST WANT TO SHARE WITH YOU THIS MOVEMENT FROM OTTAWA CIC...

I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM THEM MAY 07, 2013...THANK GOD THAT THE OTTAWA IS REALLY TRYING

THERE BEST TO SOLVE THIS BACKLOG...

DEAR,

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada, under the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) strives to improve the quality of service we provide to our clients. We are pleased to inform you that CIC has identified an opportunity to process your application more quickly. We are taking advantage of additional processing capacity at our office in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, to complete the assessment of your application.

Your application is part of a small group of files that has been transferred to the Canadian High Commission in Port of Spain. Your application was transferred to Port of Spain on April 24, 2013.

Please note that processing times vary depending on the unique circumstances of each applicant. We are therefore unable to predict the processing time for individual applications.

The Canadian High Commission in Port of Spain will communicate with you via e-mail. The email you receive will come from email addresses that end in “ @ international.gc.ca” or “ @ cic.gc.ca”. Please add these to the “safe senders” list in your email program. You should also check your junk mail folder in your email program and/or in your email website in case important emails get filtered into this folder.

Please note that our office in Port of Spain cannot respond to case status enquiries at this time. We ask you to be patient and wait until our office contacts you within the next two months. Your patience will permit the visa office to begin work on your application more quickly.

However, if your personal circumstances change, such as the birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce, you must inform the Canadian High Commission in Port of Spain immediately. As well, they must be informed if any of the following change:

· Change of email address

· Change of residential or mailing address

· Change of immigration representative (if applicable)

· Decision to withdraw your application

· Approval of Arranged Employment Opinion by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada

Please forward all future correspondence as follows:

By email: PSPAN-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

By mail: High Commission of Canada
Maple House, 3-3A Sweet Briar Road,
St. Clair
Port of Spain
Trinidad and Tobago

* Please include your application number, full name and date of birth on any correspondence*

Sincerely yours,
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
what???? Buffalo to Ottawa , then to Spain? International travel?

longest_wait

Oct 1, 2012
nima514 said:
there are many who are still waiting. You often hear about ones that get the PPR.
Same here, Started the whole thing in Jan 2011. Got nominated by province with the program they consider to be a fast track PNP (they even charge you $500+ i think) then received by federal on Jun 2011. Since then, I've been waiting. My case was assigned to an officer on Dec 2012, since then I've been stuck at background check. the MP office told me it could take another 10 weeks or longer, they don't know.

I just think that the whole thing is ridiculous, my work permit will expire, I won't be able to move with my life or do anything but work until I get PR, which you'd never know when to get.

Is there any way ever to do anything about this? even like getting a lawyer or something? People I know who have applied a year after me are today permanent residents (not just 1, or 2, 5+)

So we wait all this wait, then if we want to apply for citizenship, we wait 2 extra years + processing time for citizenship. At least they should waive the 2 extra years of wait for citizenship. Do you guys have any plan/idea on how to do?

I really think we should do something, otherwise you just wait until you get it, give up and leave or get kicked out of the country because your permit expires.

Something needs to be done, silence on this is useless.

a2work

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (old Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2011
Nomination.....
March-2011
File Transfer...
July-2012
Med's Done....
1st:Oct-2011 2nd: Mar-2013
longest_wait said:
Same here, Started the whole thing in Jan 2011. Got nominated by province with the program they consider to be a fast track PNP (they even charge you $500+ i think) then received by federal on Jun 2011. Since then, I've been waiting. My case was assigned to an officer on Dec 2012, since then I've been stuck at background check. the MP office told me it could take another 10 weeks or longer, they don't know.

I just think that the whole thing is ridiculous, my work permit will expire, I won't be able to move with my life or do anything but work until I get PR, which you'd never know when to get.

Is there any way ever to do anything about this? even like getting a lawyer or something? People I know who have applied a year after me are today permanent residents (not just 1, or 2, 5+)

So we wait all this wait, then if we want to apply for citizenship, we wait 2 extra years + processing time for citizenship. At least they should waive the 2 extra years of wait for citizenship. Do you guys have any plan/idea on how to do?

I really think we should do something, otherwise you just wait until you get it, give up and leave or get kicked out of the country because your permit expires.

Hi longest wait,
I like your idea of waving 2 or 3 yr citizenship waiting period for people like us waiting for more than 24 months. But however untill someone raises the voice its not going to be possible.

Anyways regarding your work permit you can try to get Bridging Work Permit ..have you heard of it ?

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
I once heard rumors that "since our cases were flagged for BG checks CIC did not waste its time on us and focused on more straightforward cases". CIC laid off 70 officers in Buffalo so they had to do something bold to deal with such a shortage in the available human resource.
Remember that for instance my BG checks started 26 months after I submitted my immigration application. Why wait for so long? I don't know but it is consistent with rumors. I expect this crazy to finish this year. There is nothing I can do but wait and ask for my GCMS notes once in a while.

longest_wait said:

Rony84

Jul 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-o
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
04-06-2013(pcc,med,personal history)
Nomination.....
28-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-06-2012
File Transfer...
04-06-2012
Med's Request
04-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-06-2012
Interview........
In process from 25th june,2013
Passport Req..
13-09-2013
nima514 said:
I once heard rumors that "since our cases were flagged for BG checks CIC did not waste its time on us and focused on more straightforward cases". CIC laid off 70 officers in Buffalo so they had to do something bold to deal with such a shortage in the available human resource.
Remember that for instance my BG checks started 26 months after I submitted my immigration application. Why wait for so long? I don't know but it is consistent with rumors. I expect this crazy to finish this year. There is nothing I can do but wait and ask for my GCMS notes once in a while.
Hi nima514,
My Mp told that the BG check is almost done...is there any hope to get some news from them soon.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
I would expect to hear something in a couple of months but I wouldn't bet on it. I mean it can take longer or shorter. Let's hope it ends soon.

Rony84 said:
Hi nima514,
My Mp told that the BG check is almost done...is there any hope to get some news from them soon.

joel0611

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/ CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Updated personal history on 12-02-2013
AOR Received.
23-06-2011
File Transfer...
Ottawa In process 12-02-2013
Med's Done....
14-10-2011
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
A friend of mine got PPR last friday May 10,2013.

His timeline:
AOR: May 2011
Meds done: Oct 2011
Dec. 2012
In Process: Dec.2012
Additional docs: Police clearance from spouse Feb. 2013
PPR from L.A.
Files originally sent to Buffalo moved to Ottawa, Seattle and finally moved to Los Angeles.

PHILCAD

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufalo to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013 (Transfer to Port of Spain)
Med's Request
June 03, 2013
Med's Done....
June 24, 2013 and Received by CIC July 15, 2013
Passport Req..
August 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Immigrant Visa Issued 08-19-2013 (Port of Spain)
LANDED..........
September-28-2013
Lets just be patient with the Ottawa Officers....they are really doing the best to resolve the problem that causes by the closure of
Buffalo... ;D ;D ;D Lets just for each other.

longest_wait

Oct 1, 2012
nima514 said:
Hi A2work, I haven't looked at the bridging program, maybe I will, because CIC is always going to disappoint.

nima514, I am not sure which stage you are in in your application, but maybe you'd know a thing or two about the GCMS notes. I am having a little difficulty reading them.

Last December, my criminality and eligibility have been updated to "Passed". The latest activities on the file show security screening, but it doesnt mention a start date for the activity, does this mean they haven't even started looking into the security screening yet?

Thank you in advance,

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
jasonkenney said:
what???? Buffalo to Ottawa , then to Spain? International travel?
It's Port of Spain (in the Caribbeans). Not Spain!

supp

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 nov 2011
AOR Received.
8th may 2012
Med's Request
9th may 2012
Med's Done....
26th may 2012
Passport Req..
30 may 2013/ add docs req:6th march 2013
VISA ISSUED...
june 18/ my wife june 10
LANDED..........
june 28 :)
Edmontonbound said:
Your latest GCMS notes should say your criminality is passed. In fact it was about to be passed last time you ordered your notes. The fact that the officer recommend to pass your criminality with NRT (No Reportable Trace). I think you should expect something really soon. Did they ask your wife to re-do her medical?
hi edmontonbound.. seems like ur timeline is just same as mine.. the only diffrence is i got married in 2012 and added my wife.. otherwise i had already got ppr (just for myself) on 30th july 2012 n right then i added my wife thaysy m still stuck n waiting.. did ur medicals got xtending? mine gonna xpire this month as well.. they sent it for xtention..havent heard since then ???

Edmontonbound

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2011
AOR Received.
May 23, 2012
Med's Request
May 23 2012
Med's Done....
May 29, 2012 In Process.......:May 31, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 04, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2013 PP Received w/ visa Oct 04, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 18, 2013
supp said:
hi edmontonbound.. seems like ur timeline is just same as mine.. the only diffrence is i got married in 2012 and added my wife.. otherwise i had already got ppr (just for myself) on 30th july 2012 n right then i added my wife thaysy m still stuck n waiting.. did ur medicals got xtending? mine gonna xpire this month as well.. they sent it for xtention..havent heard since then ???
i don't know about any extension of my medical. But an email from CIC mentioned that CIC would be requesting to extend medicals when possible. In my observation if an applicant has undergone a medical test in USA or Canada, then his/her medical will most likely to be extended. However, this is not a 100% thing. I'm hoping my medicals will be extended. But you never know.

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Hi All,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your support and in sharing your experiences which helped me in understanding the situation at the CIC offices be it NYC or OTT and now Port of Spain.

My wife and I had an in-land landing today in OTT. Here is the experience;

- I packed up every single document till date i had send to CIC as a back up just in case they asked me anything and i should have it.
- Reached there around 8:50 AM for a 9 AM appointment.
- Secure facility, so u need to be buzzed in.
- Once inside they took the invitation document in about 15 mins, called our names to the counter.
- Asked me and my wife three standard questions;
--Were you ever denied entry to Canada?
--Were you ever asked to leave Canada?
--Do you have any dependents?

"Please sign here. With this your landing is completed and you will receive the Card in the mail in 6~8 weeks. Please apply for a permanent SIN."

Hope this helps others in answering some time line questions and i hope and pray the best for you all. Lets meet again at the time of Citizenship nightmare. lol

Just kidding

Regards

supp

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 nov 2011
AOR Received.
8th may 2012
Med's Request
9th may 2012
Med's Done....
26th may 2012
Passport Req..
30 may 2013/ add docs req:6th march 2013
VISA ISSUED...
june 18/ my wife june 10
LANDED..........
june 28 :)
dumdumhogayamein said:
Hi All,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your support and in sharing your experiences which helped me in understanding the situation at the CIC offices be it NYC or OTT and now Port of Spain.

My wife and I had an in-land landing today in OTT. Here is the experience;

- I packed up every single document till date i had send to CIC as a back up just in case they asked me anything and i should have it.
- Reached there around 8:50 AM for a 9 AM appointment.
- Secure facility, so u need to be buzzed in.
- Once inside they took the invitation document in about 15 mins, called our names to the counter.
- Asked me and my wife three standard questions;
--Were you ever denied entry to Canada?
--Were you ever asked to leave Canada?
--Do you have any dependents?

"Please sign here. With this your landing is completed and you will receive the Card in the mail in 6~8 weeks. Please apply for a permanent SIN."

Hope this helps others in answering some time line questions and i hope and pray the best for you all. Lets meet again at the time of Citizenship nightmare. lol

Just kidding

Regards
congrats bud to both of u.. for now i can just dream of this moment.. cheers!!

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
The start date of the security checks is cleared in the GCMS notes. I think we are not supposed to know it, if there is a "security screening" under the security tab in your notes I guess it means your security checks are started. Usually medical:passed, eligibly : passed, security:" " blank means that your security checks are in progress.

longest_wait said:
Hi A2work, I haven't looked at the bridging program, maybe I will, because CIC is always going to disappoint.

nima514, I am not sure which stage you are in in your application, but maybe you'd know a thing or two about the GCMS notes. I am having a little difficulty reading them.

Last December, my criminality and eligibility have been updated to "Passed". The latest activities on the file show security screening, but it doesnt mention a start date for the activity, does this mean they haven't even started looking into the security screening yet?

Thank you in advance,