File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing dow

prairie_pinay said:
Ours is for stamping already. In our ecas, however, the last update is still medical received.
My concern is that it will soon be 1 year since i did my medicals and the validity for medicals is 1 year and you get your PR Visa based on medical validity as well. If I get PPR lets say August, I dont want just a couple of weeks to land...

steve138

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/Feb/2011
AOR Received.
29/Aug/2011
Med's Request
29/Aug/2011
Med's Done....
10/Sep/2011
Passport Req..
01/Feb/2013
VISA ISSUED...
27/Feb/2013
hey guys,

i have a bit of confusion here. i have been contacted by buffalo office 3 weeks back and asked to submit police certificate from back home. my question is ,with that change (buffalo shutdown) should i still need to send it to buffalo or what. it's really confusing, any suggestions or advice??

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Re: BUFFALO APPLICANTS - File transferred to other VO due to Buffalo closing dow

steve138 said:
hey guys,

i have a bit of confusion here. i have been contacted by buffalo office 3 weeks back and asked to submit police certificate from back home. my question is ,with that change (buffalo shutdown) should i still need to send it to buffalo or what. it's really confusing, any suggestions or advice??
I would go about sending them a police certificate but also include a copy of the email also. Then follow up also with them if they received it. You can also either email them beforehand or try calling the CIC Call Center to be sure.

Did you not include a copy of police certificate initially when you applied? What is your current status on ECAS?

steve138

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/Feb/2011
AOR Received.
29/Aug/2011
Med's Request
29/Aug/2011
Med's Done....
10/Sep/2011
Passport Req..
01/Feb/2013
VISA ISSUED...
27/Feb/2013

sharuu said:
I would go about sending them a police certificate but also include a copy of the email also. Then follow up also with them if they received it. You can also either email them beforehand or try calling the CIC Call Center to be sure.

Did you not include a copy of police certificate initially when you applied? What is your current status on ECAS?
My E-case is showing in process, with my application i just included a Canadian police certificate only. My concern is the filing transfer would delay my application processing.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

steve138 said:
My E-case is showing in process, with my application i just included a Canadian police certificate only. My concern is the filing transfer would delay my application processing.
Which date did it say that they started processing your application and when did it change to IN PROCESS? I think its best before sending out the police certificate you email Buffalo both Ottawa and Buffalo and just attach this email to them and ask where to send it.

steve138

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/Feb/2011
AOR Received.
29/Aug/2011
Med's Request
29/Aug/2011
Med's Done....
10/Sep/2011
Passport Req..
01/Feb/2013
VISA ISSUED...
27/Feb/2013

sharuu said:
Which date did it say that they started processing your application and when did it change to IN PROCESS? I think its best before sending out the police certificate you email Buffalo both Ottawa and Buffalo and just attach this email to them and ask where to send it.
My case is showing That processing started on May 15, 2012

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

steve138 said:
My case is showing That processing started on May 15, 2012
How many days did they give you to submit this document? Lets say they gave you 60 days, that is your next BF Date. It could be that they put your file pending the police certificate and it might still be at Buffalo and it could also be that they could have forwarded your file to Ottawa.

steve138

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/Feb/2011
AOR Received.
29/Aug/2011
Med's Request
29/Aug/2011
Med's Done....
10/Sep/2011
Passport Req..
01/Feb/2013
VISA ISSUED...
27/Feb/2013

sharuu said:
How many days did they give you to submit this document? Lets say they gave you 60 days, that is your next BF Date. It could be that they put your file pending the police certificate and it might still be at Buffalo and it could also be that they could have forwarded your file to Ottawa.
Yea true, Actually they gave me 90 days from the notice day to submit it.

steve138

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/Feb/2011
AOR Received.
29/Aug/2011
Med's Request
29/Aug/2011
Med's Done....
10/Sep/2011
Passport Req..
01/Feb/2013
VISA ISSUED...
27/Feb/2013

steve138 said:
Yea true, Actually they gave me 90 days from the notice day to submit it.
But still my situation is a bit confusing :(

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

steve138 said:
But still my situation is a bit confusing :(
It is.. it is better to ask then send rather the other way around. 90 days is your next BF Date, so it should reach the office before that.

pk007

Jun 1, 2012
i told u guys...mine is same situation like more than 14 months in processing.. but i put email to ottawa..they replied me that my file is in seattle now. or try call cic number..they will tell u. i think sharuu..should get ppr this month..because ur file is in process..mine is not yet.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

pk007 said:
i told u guys...mine is same situation like more than 14 months in processing.. but i put email to ottawa..they replied me that my file is in seattle now. or try call cic number..they will tell u. i think sharuu..should get ppr this month..because ur file is in process..mine is not yet.
When did Ottawa reply to you and when did you email them? I emailed them last week and they did not reply to me!! Is your status App Received? Well, it has been in process for 3 weeks now! I think the reason they did not reply was my file might be with ottawa itself!

Seattle usually takes 2-3 months, so that might be some waiting time. Do you know when you got transferred? I think you can apply for GCMS Notes...

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

Did anyone try to contact CIC Call Center or Ottawa about their file and any updates?

steve138

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/Feb/2011
AOR Received.
29/Aug/2011
Med's Request
29/Aug/2011
Med's Done....
10/Sep/2011
Passport Req..
01/Feb/2013
VISA ISSUED...
27/Feb/2013

sharuu said:
Did anyone try to contact CIC Call Center or Ottawa about their file and any updates?
I sent and email to buffalo office and they replied:

The Visa and Immigration Section at the Consulate General of Canada in Buffalo is closed and services have been transferred across the North American processing network. Please see www.cic.gc.ca for application submission information.

For permanent resident applications already submitted to the Consulate in Buffalo, please see below:

-If you are an applicant for permanent residence and you received a letter or email from our office asking you to submit your passport(s) or passport copies to our office in Buffalo, you must now submit your passport(s) or passport copies to the Consulate in Detroit. Please click here for mailing instructions.

-All other applications for permanent residence have been transferred to the Case Processing Pilot office in Ottawa. Please allow 60 days prior to contacting CPP Ottawa for additional information.

For non-immigrant applications already submitted to the Consulate in Buffalo, please see below:

-Applications for non-immigrant services from applicants in Canada have been transferred to the Case Processing Pilot office in Ottawa. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting CPP Ottawa.

-Applications for Permanent Resident Travel Documents have been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in New York City. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting New York.

-Applications for study permits or work permits originating east of the Mississippi River have been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in New York City. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting New York.

-Applications for study permits or work permits originating west of the Mississippi River have been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Los Angeles. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting Los Angeles.

-Applications for criminal rehabilitation, temporary resident permits and authorizations to return to Canada have been transferred to the Canadian Embassy in Washington, DC, effective June 18, 2012. Please allow at least 30 days prior to contacting Washington.

For additional information, please see www.cic.gc.ca.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013

steve138 said:
I sent and email to buffalo office and they replied:

The Visa and Immigration Section at the Consulate General of Canada in Buffalo is closed and services have been transferred across the North American processing network. Please see www.cic.gc.ca for application submission information.

For permanent resident applications already submitted to the Consulate in Buffalo, please see below:

-If you are an applicant for permanent residence and you received a letter or email from our office asking you to submit your passport(s) or passport copies to our office in Buffalo, you must now submit your passport(s) or passport copies to the Consulate in Detroit. Please click here for mailing instructions.

-All other applications for permanent residence have been transferred to the Case Processing Pilot office in Ottawa. Please allow 60 days prior to contacting CPP Ottawa for additional information.

For non-immigrant applications already submitted to the Consulate in Buffalo, please see below:

-Applications for non-immigrant services from applicants in Canada have been transferred to the Case Processing Pilot office in Ottawa. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting CPP Ottawa.

-Applications for Permanent Resident Travel Documents have been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in New York City. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting New York.

-Applications for study permits or work permits originating east of the Mississippi River have been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in New York City. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting New York.

-Applications for study permits or work permits originating west of the Mississippi River have been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Los Angeles. Please allow 30 days prior to contacting Los Angeles.

-Applications for criminal rehabilitation, temporary resident permits and authorizations to return to Canada have been transferred to the Canadian Embassy in Washington, DC, effective June 18, 2012. Please allow at least 30 days prior to contacting Washington.

For additional information, please see www.cic.gc.ca.
Did it answer your question?