Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
newbie1982 said:
Ok guys got my 2nd GCMS............and there are no apparent change from my 1st GCMS.
Seems like my file has been collecting dirt since June 11,2012 .the same date on which my case status
went "in process". Well there is no cure for this frustration.
You could go the "Application assignment" in page 2. I suspect, like me, no officer has been assigned to your case.
I suspect in CPP-Ottawa CIC is using computers and artificial intelligence instead of human resources to process PR applications. Now, CIC can function with less employees and put up with budget cuts. The problem is us which are backlog from the past and now Ottawa has to integrate in its system.

It seems to me that CIC randomly picks people from the pile of 10000 transferred applicants and issues their PPR. CIC says that the majority of cases will be finished by the end of summer. [the majority and not all].

I think the smart thing for us to do at this time is to blow the whistle as loud and as often as we can on this issue. This is the only way that we can get CIC to hire more employees to finalize our applications.

chanselay

Star Member
Feb 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo moved Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Feb.2012
AOR Received.
June 28, 2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS in process - medical done Aug.2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
joel0611 said:
About the medical, i emailed Ottawa last Sept.2012 to inform them that our medical( w/ my Family) is expiring Oct.2012. They replied that they will extend it but didn't say how long. Last Dec.2012 two of my buddies were requested to redo the Xray of their family member back in their home country same as my expiry Oct.2012. Is there anybody here that were requested to redo their medical?
Hello. Did they also redo the police clearances? Thanks

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
16-MAY-2012 -- CPP Ottawa
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
sharuu said:
I wasnt asked but if you get your GCMS Notes it should tell if it has been extended or not. My medicals were extended by 1 year.
Do you know where in notes it says Medicals are extended? Under Notes? and did your notes say the medicals were extended? and any idea when did that change occurred on gcms I mean after the file was transferred to Ottawa?

I applied for GCMS in august which was two months after the transfer and medicals where expired in July, the notes says "the medicals will likely to be extended". I didn't apply for GCMS after that.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
newbie1982 said:
Ok guys got my 2nd GCMS............and there are no apparent changes from my 1st GCMS.
Seems like my file has been collecting dirt since June 11,2012 .the same date on which my case status
went "in process". Well there is no cure for this frustration.
On first page of notes, what is the updated by and updated dates? if updated by is some one as "Admin" or SADMIN that means your file has not been assigned to any officer and the last changes were done by Administrative staff not by actual officer.

On thing i knew from MP, there is no single officer is responsible for processing your case. For example when officer sends you medical test after the first assessment then there is no guarantee that after medical tests are done the same office will continue your case. According to my MP, after every check or activity the files comes in queue waiting to be assigned to an officer, whoever has less workload will be assigned. And the status of activity/activities are usually updated by admin staff.

hope it helps.

shaikhaffi

Jan 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-DEC-2010
Nomination.....
10-OCT-2010
AOR Received.
15-JUL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
15-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
18-JUL-2011
Passport Req..
April 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 25, 2013
LANDED..........
April 25, 2013
chanselay said:
Hello. Did they also redo the police clearances? Thanks
Personally i don't think so, other than if they lost your police clearance certificate. If they doubt the authenticity of the PCC, they usually verify it from the consulate of country from where PCC was issued.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
shaikhaffi said:
Do you know where in notes it says Medicals are extended? Under Notes? and did your notes say the medicals were extended? and any idea when did that change occurred on gcms I mean after the file was transferred to Ottawa?

I applied for GCMS in august which was two months after the transfer and medicals where expired in July, the notes says "the medicals will likely to be extended". I didn't apply for GCMS after that.
I didnt get GCMS after medical was extended but as my PR Visa is valid for another year i think its from extension of medicals.

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
nima514 said:
You could go the "Application assignment" in page 2. I suspect, like me, no officer has been assigned to your case.
I suspect in CPP-Ottawa CIC is using computers and artificial intelligence instead of human resources to process PR applications. Now, CIC can function with less employees and put up with budget cuts. The problems is us which are backlog from the past and now Ottawa has to integrate in its system.

It seems to me that CIC randomly picks people from the pile of 10000 transferred applicants and issues their PPR. CIC says that the majority of cases will be finished by the end of summer. [the majority and not all].

I think the smart thing for us to do at this time is to blow the whistle as loud and as often as we can on this issue. This is the only way that we can get CIC to hire more employees to finalize our applications.
Hey under my application assignment there are 2 fields

Assigned to:
Assigned by:

Both of them are filled with codes. There is a due date over there 2012/08/17.
I checked with my previous GCMS and the status is same . Same Codes
and Due Date is same. Codes I think represent case officers.

Well it seems that nothing has been done after 2012/08/17.

Are these fields empty in your GCMS????????

newbie1982

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16, 2011
AOR Received.
19 March,2012
Med's Request
19 March,2012
Med's Done....
March 23,2012
Passport Req..
27 March, 2013......:D
VISA ISSUED...
27 March, 2013........:D
LANDED..........
17 April, 2013............:D
shaikhaffi said:
On first page of notes, what is the updated by and updated dates? if updated by is some one as "Admin" or SADMIN that means your file has not been assigned to any officer and the last changes were done by Administrative staff not by actual officer.

On thing i knew from MP, there is no single officer is responsible for processing your case. For example when officer sends you medical test after the first assessment then there is no guarantee that after medical tests are done the same office will continue your case. According to my MP, after every check or activity the files comes in queue waiting to be assigned to an officer, whoever has less workload will be assigned. And the status of activity/activities are usually updated by admin staff.

hope it helps.
On the first page as well there are codes under created by and updated by fields . Create date is 03/15/2012 and Update Date is 2012/07/18 There is no admin or SAADMIN.

nima514

Apr 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2010
Med's Done....
May 2011
newbie1982 said:
Hey under my application assignment there are 2 fields

Assigned to:
Assigned by:

Both of them are filled with codes. There is a due date over there 2012/08/17.
I checked with my previous GCMS and the status is same . Same Codes
and Due Date is same. Codes I think represent case officers.

Well it seems that nothing has been done after 2012/08/17.

Are these fields empty in your GCMS????????
That's right! nothing has been done on our files since July 7; 6 months of no progress. The "application assignment" in my notes are similar to yours. I think the officer code belonged to an officer in Buffalo. In fact, CIC has told my MP no officers in Ottawa are assigned to my case. This is not a surprise to me when CIC says it may take till end of summer for the majority of transferred applications to be finalized.

RWilco

Dec 11, 2012
nima514 said:
That's right! nothing has been done on our file since July 7; 6 months of no progress. The application assignment in my notes are similar to yours. I think the officer code belonged to an officer in Buffalo. In fact, CIC has told my MP no officers in Ottawa are assigned to my case. This is not a surprise to me when CIC says it may take till end of summer for the majority of transferred applications to be finalized.
The information I have from my MP matches nima514's assessment. I sure wish CIC would be more clear on how they are sequencing things, however I suspect there was no structure in the transition to Ottawa and they are randomly going through the applications, which seems to match the pattern of issuing of the PRs over the last couple of months. At least we are still seeing PRs coming out however -- there was a long stretch last year where it didn't appear any PRs were being issued (or at least reported).

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
ronair said:
hi sharuu how did u send ur passport to detroit in confusing though..
What is confusing to you? You use canadapost express post to send and receive back the passport

asiepak

Jan 9, 2013
Hi everyone. I am so so new to this. Congrat to those who are so close. What do i do next after the free assessment?