+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

buffalo applicants--applied in june 2009

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, it doesn't have any negative signs regarding the processing of your application, but you need to get a proof from your lawyer of the exact date in which he sent the application to Buffalo.

coolboy

Jun 20, 2009
hi professional 1,

i got my new file number from buffalo today.they have sent an email saying that

Dear Applicant:

This is to advise you that your application for permanent residence has been received at the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo, New York and that a file has been created for you. Your file number appears above. Please note that this file number is different from the one that was assigned to you by the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. You must quote this new file number in any future correspondence.

Before your application can be placed in processing, a determination will be made as to whether or not you are eligible for processing. If your application is not eligible for processing, you will receive a letter informing you of the reasons for the decision as well as a refund.

coolboy

Jun 20, 2009
hi professional1,

any updates on your application from buffalo.mine is still the same "received by visa office"

thanks

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulation for the AOR,

No, there is no update in my case, e-case shows : Received by the visa office since October 2009.

Usually Buffalo visa office takes up to 12 months to start processing the application (from the date of receipt at their office).

Good luck.

abingc

Jan 28, 2009
I applied under FSW 1 at buffallo and this is what my online status states:

"We received your application for permanent residence on February 16, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 25, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review. "

I had sent in my application to buffallo in May 2009 and Jan 27 2010 i received an email from them that they have transferred my case to NY office for expediated processing - although teh online status is still old...

coolboy said:
Hi all,

i have applied under FSW in june 2009 and got AOR and request for documents including IELTS in august 2009,sent all documents in September 2009.
after sending the documents i have not heard from them anything till now.
as per the present trend or time lines how many more months do we have to wait to hear from them,i am asking this coz i have somehow arranged money and kept it in bank and need to remove it once my stamping is done so just wanted to get a fair idea of the present time lines.kindly advise.

thanks in advance,

regards,
coolboy

coolboy

Jun 20, 2009
Hi All,

Just got an email from buffalo today: they have transferred my file to Seattle for "faster processing". Any further correspondence will be with seattle and not Buffalo henceforth. it also says that No status update inquiries should be made in the next 90 days.

My timeline is :
App to CIO-S: June 2009
App + Docs to Buffalo: September 2009
File Transferred to Seattle: April 2010

Just wondering if anyone with similar time line have had their files transferred to seattle Visa Office recently.

Also, for those who've had their file transferred to Seattle in 2010: any idea how long it takes them to start processing?

thanks in advance
coolboy

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
I applied to Nova Scotia in Feb 2009. In Mar 2009 the application was transfered to Buffable. They request for the documents which were submitted in Jun 2009. I received AOR in Jul 2009. eCas Status was chnaged to "In Process" in Aug 2009, apporx. In Feb 2010 the application was transferred to New York for "faster processing". After that no news.

Any one with similar time line?