waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Hi gauravbt,

I sent all the receipt that I've got from the DMP which includes the Physical Exam, blood work and X-ray. I sent all those copy as a proof that I've done my medicals in advance. In a normal processing, which means you waited for MR before you went for medicals, you don't have to send your VO the receipt of your medicals. It usually takes 4-6 weeks before your medical results will show to the system so just hang in there...

Don't worry seems like the pre JUNE 2010 are being prioritized nowadays so keep your finger crossed and be ready for the good news very soon! ;)

Anne55

gauravbt said:
Hi Anne

You sent the Medical Receipt to NY VO as in the Receipt which you received from DMR or something else ?

I had sent the photocopy of the Medical Receipt which DMR gave to me along with the RFPR to NYVO ,back in Dec 2011,third week.

Nothing as yet :( .Getting really impatient now.
Many friends on this blog who did their Medicals well in Jan and Feb have got their PPR,not me

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
Hi everyone,

I did my landing yesterday and here is my experience...

My friend( Canadian Citizen working as a settlement worker for Immigrants) and I drove to 1000 Island border since it is the nearest one to my place. After driving for more than 2 hrs we finally reached the US border to exit, paid $2.50 toll and the security gave us a yellow paper with our car plate number written in it. We stopped and stepped out the car and an officer approached us, he took the car key and asked us to go in the office.

Me: Good morning! (handed her my passport)
US officer: (smiled) How you guys known each other
Friend: I am working as a settlement worker and she is one of our client.
US officer: what is your purpose of visit today?
Friend: To complete her immigrant landing in Canada.

US officer: Have you been to US?
Me: No
US officer: Have you applied for any visa going to US and was denied?

After few minutes of silence while she was typing in the computer... she finally gave me the REFUSAL PAPER TO ENTER US. (I am currently residing in Canada so I don't have legal status in US, those who are coming from Canada to cross the border of US for Immigrant purposes normally gets this letter)

US officer: when you go outside, get your keys from the security. Turn around and give this paper to Canadian border security.
Me: Thank you, have a nice day!

CANADIAN BORDER:
Security: ID
Friend and Me: (handed our passports to him)
Security: purpose of coming to Canada?
Me: To complete my immigrant landing
Friend: I am a Canadian Citizen, I just accompany her since she is one of our client. I am working as a settlement worker for Immigrants.
Security: Did they gave you any paper inside the office?
Me: Yes. (handed him the refusal paper)
Security: (returned our passports and gave us a YELLOW SLIP.)
Give this to the officer inside together with your Immigration paper (COPR)
ME and Friend: Thank you!

IMMIGRATION OFFICE: Luckily, there is no Que and we are the only one in there for landing. My Friend seated and I went to the counter myself

CA Officer: So you are here for your landing?
Me: Yes Sir
CA Officer: Can I have your documents and the yellow slip?
Me: Sure (gave my passport, COPR, yellow slip)
CA Officer: Have a sit and I will call you shortly
Me: OK

After 10 minutes.... he asked me to fill up the COPR and put my initials in each question
CA Officer: Do you have your bank statement with you?
Me: I have here the bank statement that I submitted when I initially sent my application to Buffalo... I've been working here for 3 years and here is a copy of my recent payslip.
CA Officer: (honored the bank statement dated January 2010 ;D) wrote the amount in the space for proof of funds...
Do you have any furniture or things that you want to bring in the future from your home country?
Me: No Sir, My place is all set and I don't think I will be bringing more stuff from my country.
CA Officer: Tha's good, the reason I asked is because if you have to, I can let you fill up the form for your goods to follow and you can bring it to Canada Taxed free.
Me: It's good to know Sir, thank you
CA Officer: you can sign here now and make sure you won't write anything beyond the box
Me: (signed my name)
CA Officer: Welcome to Canada! you will received you PR card in 2-4 weeks
Me: (I gave him a very sweet smile ;D) Thank you so much and have a good day! :D :D

We drove back to my Kingston, we had lunch and I went to Service Canada to change my SIN card that I will received it in 7 to 10 business days.

It was such a nice feeling knowing that I am already a Permanent Resident in this country and believe me my confidence was boost 100%!! ;D ;D ;D

Hope all of you guys in this forum will have you PR soon!

God bless!

Anne55

anuM

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-02-2010
Doc's Request.
18-03-2010, full docs reached 20 may 2010
AOR Received.
08-10-2010, inprocess with rbvo details march 22, 2011
IELTS Request
done, sent with all docs
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
2 feb 2012
Med's Done....
14 feb 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 feb 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
april 8 2012
good stuff..
beginning of a new journey

anne55 said:
Hi everyone,

My friend( Canadian Citizen working as a settlement worker for Immigrants) and I drove to 1000 Island border since it is the nearest one to my place. After driving for more than 2 hrs we finally reached the US border to exit, paid $2.50 toll and the security gave us a yellow paper with our car plate number written in it. We stopped and stepped out the car and an officer approached us, he took the car key and asked us to go in the office.

After few minutes of silence while she was typing in the computer... she finally gave me the REFUSAL PAPER TO ENTER US. (I am currently residing in Canada so I don't have legal status in US, those who are coming from Canada to cross the border of US for Immigrant purposes normally gets this letter)

US officer: when you go outside, get your keys from the security. Turn around and give this paper to Canadian border security.

CANADIAN BORDER:
Friend: I am a Canadian Citizen, I just accompany her since she is one of our client. I am working as a settlement worker for Immigrants.

IMMIGRATION OFFICE: Luckily, there is no Que and we are the only one in there for landing. My Friend seated and I went to the counter myself

After 10 minutes.... he asked me to fill up the COPR and put my initials in each question
Me: I have here the bank statement that I submitted when I initially sent my application to Buffalo... I've been working here for 3 years and here is a copy of my recent payslip.
CA Officer: (honored the bank statement dated January 2010 ;D) wrote the amount in the space for proof of funds...
Do you have any furniture or things that you want to bring in the future from your home country?
Me: No Sir, My place is all set and I don't think I will be bringing more stuff from my country.
CA Officer: Tha's good, the reason I asked is because if you have to, I can let you fill up the form for your goods to follow and you can bring it to Canada Taxed free.
CA Officer: you can sign here now and make sure you won't write anything beyond the box
Me: (I gave him a very sweet smile ;D) Thank you so much and have a good day! :D :D

We drove back to my Kingston, we had lunch and I went to Service Canada to change my SIN card that I will received it in 7 to 10 business days.

It was such a nice feeling knowing that I am already a Permanent Resident in this country and believe me my confidence was boost 100%!! ;D ;D ;D

God bless!

Anne55

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
Thanks anuM! share us your experience too :-*

Anne55

anuM said:
good stuff..
beginning of a new journey

canacani

Star Member
Mar 4, 2010
LANDED..........
30-03-2013
woow .. no more words to explain the experience

anne55 said:
Hi everyone,

My friend( Canadian Citizen working as a settlement worker for Immigrants) and I drove to 1000 Island border since it is the nearest one to my place. After driving for more than 2 hrs we finally reached the US border to exit, paid $2.50 toll and the security gave us a yellow ...
God bless!

Anne55

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
hehehe... yeah it's like a short Novel :p

I did it in complete detail to at least guide those who are going to land in the future so they'll know what to expect ;)

All the best buddy

Anne55

canacani said:
woow .. no more words to explain the experience

flipn0ob

Star Member
Nov 18, 2011
Congrats ANNE! Just a Q, why did you have to show them proof of funds? is it because because you are under FSW1 category?

anne55 said:
hehehe... yeah it's like a short Novel :p

I did it in complete detail to at least guide those who are going to land in the future so they'll know what to expect ;)

All the best buddy

Anne55

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
Thanks flipn0ob!

Yes that is the main reason they asked for POF. My Friend who accompanied me in the procedure told me that if it so happen that I haven't brought any bank statement with me, I can just show them any amount in my bank statement or cash money let say more or less 3,000 plus show them the recent payslip as a proof that I can support myself then that would be fine. That probably explains why the officer just accepted my January 2010 POF after telling him that I've been working here for 3 yrs and I have my payslip and T4 with me.

So just a piece of advice for those who are already residing in Canada, to be in the safe side... bring any bank statement just in case the officer will ask for it like in my case. I read different landing experiences from different threads and they said that the officer never asked them for POF. I wasn't planning to bring one but the night before my landing I just had an instinct that the officer might ask me so I might as well have something to show. So I searched for my 2 yr/old POF and sure enough they asked for it! ;D

All the best buddy! :-*

Anne55

flipn0ob said:
Congrats ANNE! Just a Q, why did you have to show them proof of funds? is it because because you are under FSW1 category?

flipn0ob

Star Member
Nov 18, 2011
Thanks Anne for ur prompt reply. Well they classified me to be under FSW2 & have arranged employment so most likely they won't ask for POF but, as u said, to be on the safe side we will bring bank statements & other stuff just to be sure. I hope we will get our PPRs soon. God bless!

anne55 said:
Thanks flipn0ob!

Yes that is the main reason they asked for POF. My Friend who accompanied me in the procedure told me that if it so happen that I haven't brought any bank statement with me, I can just show them any amount in my bank statement or cash money let say more or less 3,000 plus show them the recent payslip as a proof that you can support yourself then you would be fine. That probably explains why the officer just accepted my January 2010 POF after telling him that I've been working here for 3 yrs and I have my payslip and T4 with me.

So just a piece of advice for those who are already residing in Canada, to be in the safe side... bring any bank statement just in case the officer will ask for it like in my case. I read different landing experiences from different threads and they said that the officer never asked them for POF. I wasn't planning to bring one but the night before my landing I just had an instinct that the officer might ask me so I might as well have something to show. So I searched for my 2 yr/old POF and sure enough they asked for it! ;D

All the best buddy! :-*

Anne55

GAZZZ

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/02/2010
Doc's Request.
04/21/2010
Nomination.....
N.A
AOR Received.
08/13/2010 (2th)
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
N.A
Med's Request
11/28/2011
Med's Done....
12/05/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02/22/2012
VISA ISSUED...
02/23/2012
LANDED..........
02/23/2012
flipn0ob said:
Thanks Anne for ur prompt reply. Well they classified me to be under FSW2 & have arranged employment so most likely they won't ask for POF but, as u said, to be on the safe side we will bring bank statements & other stuff just to be sure. I hope we will get our PPRs soon. God bless!
I was FSW2 and they did ask for POF. Have your paystub or a letter from the company you are working for or your account balance

GAZZZ

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/02/2010
Doc's Request.
04/21/2010
Nomination.....
N.A
AOR Received.
08/13/2010 (2th)
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
N.A
Med's Request
11/28/2011
Med's Done....
12/05/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02/22/2012
VISA ISSUED...
02/23/2012
LANDED..........
02/23/2012
sadiq_g said:
To Gazz:

Did u personally go to buffalo to get the visa stamped? is it possible or the only way after passport call is to mail the passport?
Yes I went to Buffalo. You can go by yourself or you can authorize a citizenship to go Over there and get your passport stamped. It's very easy. In Buffalo boarder you don't need to go to USA border. There is a U-turn before the US border. They call it duty free U-turn. You can make a turn and land in Canada border.
You should go to Buffalo only on Tuesday or Thursday between 8 to 10. Don't forget to have proof of fund

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Congrats anuM,

I have corresponded with NYVO and they have given me an appointment for 5 March 2012 to get my visa in person. They will return my passport in 3 hours.

Cheers..
anuM said:
PEOPLE !!!!!! I GOT MY PPR TODAY!!!! WHOOP WHOOP..
ANNE U WERE RIGHT!! its all thanks to ur brilliant idea of scanning and sending the medical receipt!

thanks everyone.. will keep u guys posted on what happens after this..

my passport has only one visa page left, and i;m hoping that's enough for the PR visa stamping..

has anyone here gone to consulate directly for visa stamping? my lawyer is telling me i cant go in person to NYC consulate to get the PPR stamped ..
seniors ....input ?

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
You're welcome flipn0ob!

Yup that is a smart idea.. "JUST IN CASE" so you have something to show.. :D

I hope you will hear good news soon! Then..... let's party!!! :p :p

Cheers

Anne55

flipn0ob said:

Maha1981

Jan 25, 2011
Congrats Anne :)

Do you have US Visa? I was thinking i should apply for US visa only for completing landing process!! Thanks for the info.

anne55 said:
Hi everyone,

CANADIAN BORDER:

God bless!

Anne55

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
Hi Maha1981,

If you are already residing in Canada with legal status (like work permit/student permit) you don't have to apply for US visa just to complete your PR landing. Once you cross the Canadian border to exit to the US side, the US immigration will give you a REJECTION LETTER to enter US because you are there just to exit and turn around back to Canada to complete you Canadian PR landing and not to enter US. Kindly read my landing experience as I figured you will undergo in the same procedure and hopefully it will help.

Good luck and all the best! ;)

Anne55

Maha1981 said:
Congrats Anne :)

Do you have US Visa? I was thinking i should apply for US visa only for completing landing process!! Thanks for the info.