waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
hello all,
today I finally received the Passport Request!!!!!!!
Thank you all for your support all this time!!
Good luck with everything, and I hope everyone will get good news very soon..
Take care

loveson

May 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-11- 2009
AOR Received.
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
10Oct12 to seattle
Med's Request
30Mar12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02AUG12
Congratulations. burcu. ;)

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
burcu said:
hello all,
today I finally received the Passport Request!!!!!!!
Thank you all for your support all this time!!
Good luck with everything, and I hope everyone will get good news very soon..
Take care
Congrats burcu, All the best for future

kool_Dude1980

Jul 14, 2010
hello

Has anyone recently received their PR Passport request from the New York Consulate ?

I recd my med request on 06/27; submitted it to the Ottawa office on 08/04.
They had also asked me for FBI certificates again which took a good 12 weeks and must have reached them on 11/05.
They had also asked for proof of funds which i have submitted earlier.

So waiting for the PR Passport request.. any idea what's the avg time that NY Consulate is taking to send that request ??

burcu

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
03-02-2010
AOR Received.
06-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-10-2011 transerred to Detroit
Med's Request
15-10-2011 (RPRF requested)
Med's Done....
July 2011 (done in advance)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
Thank you Loveson and Skfsw.. here is my landing experience..

We drove to Detroit the next day after receiving the passport request. Although it says the PR Visa may be issued in 10 business days, I checked the forums, and people got it on the same day, so we took the risk, since our TRV's and work permits had already expired, there was a chance we couldn't make it back to Toronto.
Luckily that didn't happen, we were at the visa office at 8.30, got our visas at 11.30..
On the letter they gave us, and I read it before as well, it says from now on you can do your landing at one of the CIC offices if you wish to, instead of a port of entry, and you need to make an appointment by calling the CIC call center. When we arrived at the border, we showed our documents to the officer but he said we are good to go and he didn't proceed with the landing. So we thought "OK we will just do it at the CIC office", but when we called for an appointment they said the earliest appointment is 3 months after, and the fastest landing can be done at the border. So we had to drive back to the border, which was a hassle to explain why we are returning to the US border and etc ::) And after all this, the officer who did our landing was not friendly at all, unlike what I read from other people's experiences.. anyways we did our landing, and nooow waiting for our PR cards, and it's such a relief.
So my advise to those that are currently in Canada, land at the border if you don't wanna wait.
Good luck all, I will try to check the thread as much as I can, since I am looking forward to hear your good news!!

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
burcu said:
Thank you Loveson and Skfsw.. here is my landing experience..

We drove to Detroit the next day after receiving the passport request. Although it says the PR Visa may be issued in 10 business days, I checked the forums, and people got it on the same day, so we took the risk, since our TRV's and work permits had already expired, there was a chance we couldn't make it back to Toronto.
Luckily that didn't happen, we were at the visa office at 8.30, got our visas at 11.30..
On the letter they gave us, and I read it before as well, it says from now on you can do your landing at one of the CIC offices if you wish to, instead of a port of entry, and you need to make an appointment by calling the CIC call center. When we arrived at the border, we showed our documents to the officer but he said we are good to go and he didn't proceed with the landing. So we thought "OK we will just do it at the CIC office", but when we called for an appointment they said the earliest appointment is 3 months after, and the fastest landing can be done at the border. So we had to drive back to the border, which was a hassle to explain why we are returning to the US border and etc ::) And after all this, the officer who did our landing was not friendly at all, unlike what I read from other people's experiences.. anyways we did our landing, and nooow waiting for our PR cards, and it's such a relief.
So my advise to those that are currently in Canada, land at the border if you don't wanna wait.
Good luck all, I will try to check the thread as much as I can, since I am looking forward to hear your good news!!
Good luck burcu, Hope this day will come for each of us . its really a painful journey but at last we get a fruit for lifetime so its worth

jainesh97

Nov 16, 2011
Hi,

I recently joined this forum. I have applied for PR under FSW2 (arranged employment) in March 2011 for myself and my wife. We received an email from CIC in April 2011 that our application has been determined positive and transferred to Buffalo visa office. Since then, we have had no communication from Buffalo. We have updated our address online and even sent a letter but there has been no response or follow-up.

Can you guys share if this is normal for them? Anybody in advanced stage of processing, how much time does it take to get first response and how do they communicate? Appreciate your response.

Regards,
Jainesh

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

I received my medical request yesterday by mail (post) from NewYork office. It mentioned that my interview is waived and given 120 days to complete my medicals. They didnt ask me for RPRF as because i paid that with my application to Buffalo.

But they did ask for IMM8 and Schedule1 for me and my wife. did anyone of you who received medicals asked for this or am I the lucky one?

My E-Cas was updated last week with this:
Your application was reviewed and we started processing on November 7, 2011.
so, they sent me medicals in 2 weeks from the date they started processing.

one step ahead.

All the best!

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
balu go ahead do meds but I doubt that u will get PPR soon as they have given u 120days compared to usual 60 and no RPRF with meds.

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zulkfal said:
balu go ahead do meds but I doubt that u will get PPR soon as they have given u 120days compared to usual 60 and no RPRF with meds.
Sorry Zulkfal... that was a typo... i checked my mail again, it is 60days not 120..

i already paid them RPRF with my app to Buffalo.. so i shldnt be expecting another request for RPRF.. or should I ?

SMUPK1

May 30, 2010
Friends,
I received the additional documents request last week ?(bank statement). However, I have moved from Canada. back to my home coutry since Last May,2011. My friend received the additional documents request letter for me.
I have two questions that I need your urgent help with:
1. Can I get a bank statement from my home country bank account instead of one which i have in Canadian bank?
2. Can i send passport from my home country to Baffalo when they ask and also can i send a RPRF now, or later on when they request.

Because my work permit expired from march 2012 and i have no chance to go back to canada before july 2012, because i have some personell matters which bound me in mu home country. Please reply at urgency, I will appreciate ur quick reply. Thanks

Really appreciate your help!

Friends,
After almost 20 months since I received the AOR, I received the medical request last week. However, I have moved from U.S. back to my home coutry since Last August. My friend received the medical request letter for me.
1. Can I go to a DMP for medical exam in my home country instead of one in U.S?
2. The letter also requests an updated police certificate from FBI because the one I originally sent has expired. The old one was dated 2009 December. I cannot go back to U.S to get a fingerprint again. Since I have lived in my home country since last August, can I obtain a police certifcate from my home country and send it out?

SMUPK1

May 30, 2010
Hi friends,

My E-Cas was updated last week with this:
Your application was reviewed and we started processing on November 3, 2011.
Does this mean that i got the 67 points and my file is eligible for processing.
I have already done mine and my spouse medicals
Quick reply will be appreciated, thanks

burcu

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
03-02-2010
AOR Received.
06-05-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
SMUPK1 said:
Friends,
I received the additional documents request last week ?(bank statement). However, I have moved from Canada. back to my home coutry since Last May,2011. My friend received the additional documents request letter for me.
1. Can I get a bank statement from my home country bank account instead of one which i have in Canadian bank?
2. Can i send passport from my home country to Baffalo when they ask and also can i send a RPRF now, or later on when they request.

Because my work permit expired from march 2012 and i have no chance to go back to canada before july 2012, because i have some personell matters which bound me in mu home country. Please reply at urgency, I will appreciate ur quick reply. Thanks

Friends,
After almost 20 months since I received the AOR, I received the medical request last week. However, I have moved from U.S. back to my home coutry since Last August. My friend received the medical request letter for me.
2. The letter also requests an updated police certificate from FBI because the one I originally sent has expired. The old one was dated 2009 December. I cannot go back to U.S to get a fingerprint again. Since I have lived in my home country since last August, can I obtain a police certifcate from my home country and send it out?

Your posts look a bit confusing. Normally when they request the medical exam, they also request additional documents and the RPRF request all at once. You can show proof of funds in any bank, and you can go to any DMP. Even if your residential address is different, let's say you were travelling when you got the medical request, you can go to the nearest DMP, this I confirmed with the CIC call center, if they haven't changed anything after. I'm not sure what you can do about the FBI cert. though, you should inform the visa office about your address change for sure. As far as I know RPRF is refundable, if for any reason you don't get your PR. In the letter I received for RPRF and additional docs it said, you should send the RPRF now if you haven't paid it yet, which indicates you can actually pay it anytime. For the passport request, the letter I received from Detroit said if you don't have a mailing address in US or Canada you should come in person. I believe it depends on the visa office, and the type of application, so someone who got PR from Buffalo, and who has applied under the same category should have a better answer for that.

SMUPK1

May 30, 2010
burcu said:
Your posts look a bit confusing. Normally when they request the medical exam, they also request additional documents and the RPRF request all at once. You can show proof of funds in any bank, and you can go to any DMP. Even if your residential address is different, let's say you were travelling when you got the medical request, you can go to the nearest DMP, this I confirmed with the CIC call center, if they haven't changed anything after. I'm not sure what you can do about the FBI cert. though, you should inform the visa office about your address change for sure. As far as I know RPRF is refundable, if for any reason you don't get your PR. In the letter I received for RPRF and additional docs it said, you should send the RPRF now if you haven't paid it yet, which indicates you can actually pay it anytime. For the passport request, the letter I received from Detroit said if you don't have a mailing address in US or Canada you should come in person. I believe it depends on the visa office, and the type of application, so someone who got PR from Buffalo, and who has applied under the same category should have a better answer for that.
Hi Burcu, Thanks for quick reply,

Actually i applied from Canada when i was in Canada on work permit and now a days i am in my home country Pakistan and they request for additional documents such as bank statement, which you sdaid that i send my home country bank account, when i was applied for PR at that time i send my canadian account bank statement. another problem is that when they ask for possport request then i send it from pakistan or i go to back canada and send from there.

For medical, i go through when i was in canada in advance, Visa office not request to me for medical, but in letter they mentioned about my medical that medical already done. Please quick reply on this issue, thanks

burcu

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
03-02-2010
AOR Received.
06-05-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
SMUPK1 said:
Hi Burcu, Thanks for quick reply,

Actually i applied from Canada when i was in Canada on work permit and now a days i am in my home country Pakistan and they request for additional documents such as bank statement, which you sdaid that i send my home country bank account, when i was applied for PR at that time i send my canadian account bank statement. another problem is that when they ask for possport request then i send it from pakistan or i go to back canada and send from there.

For medical, i go through when i was in canada in advance, Visa office not request to me for medical, but in letter they mentioned about my medical that medical already done. Please quick reply on this issue, thanks
The reason I got confused is because I thought you also sent this message earlier:

"Friends,
2. The letter also requests an updated police certificate from FBI because the one I originally sent has expired. The old one was dated 2009 December. I cannot go back to U.S to get a fingerprint again. Since I have lived in my home country since last August, can I obtain a police certifcate from my home country and send it out?"

which I assume you haven't.. :)

Anyways, the answer to your question depends on:
have you informed the visa office, that you are no longer in Canada?
if you haven't you should inform them, along with your documents you can write a letter and tell them you have moved back to Pakistan, you have moved your funds to a local bank and there is the statement etc. and later on when they request the passport you will be ok to send it from there. In my opinion you should be free to move your funds where ever you want to, the reason they are asking for an update is to see if you still have the sufficient amount, it shouldn't matter where it is located.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp