+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BRYANNA kindly help me!

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Bryanna said:
Yes, this is possible. There is no option for this.

Apply online by giving your India residence address. You'll have to write to the NY visa office (after you get passport requests) to allow you to submit the passports

Ok great. Meanwhile I wanted to share with u I had written to Canadian consulate in New York that my family is traveling to USA for a holiday and they would like to visit Canada from there can they apply at your New York office???

I got a reply from them saying yes they can apply here below is copy paste of thier reply

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yes, they can apply for a visitor visa while in the USA. Please take note of the documents that are required.

The application for a temporary resident visa ( visitor) may be submitted online or the paper application may be submitted to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) located in New York City or in Los Angeles. Processing may take from 15 to 20 days or longer.

Please refer to our website for information on applying for a temporary resident visa ( visitor) : www.newyork.gc.ca

For information on the VAC's requirements, please refer to their website: www.csc-cvac.com

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Immigration Section | Section d'Immigration Canadian Consulate General / Consulat général du Canada
1251 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10020-1175 Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada www.newyork.gc.ca newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

-----Original Message-----
Sent: September-17-16 4:19 AM
To: CNGNY (IMMIGRATION)
Subject: Hey

Hey

Im a permanent resident of Canada and my nationality is Indian. I wanted to confirm can my family who have a valid 10yr B2 Visa to US visiting New York can apply for Tourist visa to visit Canada for a month. Family includes my parents (both have traveled to Canada before) my wife daughter and brother.

Adil Karim Wani

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
So couldn't I just apply online as if we r applying from New York so passport request automatically comes there... I will go with ur advice only

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
No. They are only visitors in the US.

Apply online with your India address.... as they can prove their strong ties to India

aron30

Nov 29, 2012
Bryanna said:
@ aron30

Yes, it is possible to get a TRV without having a Canadian host. Do prepare a detailed day-by-day itinerary for sightseeing, activities, etc.... with expense estimates (entry fees, meals, local travel, etc).

You must prove that you have the funds to pay for this itinerary + airfare + hotel.

It's not advisable to book flight tickets until a TRV is issued.

For your property: Include copies of the ownership documents + property tax receipts (it must have your name along with those of your siblings) + self-valuation for the current indicative market value

Also, include an Explanation XX: My strong ties to my home country.... in this have separate sections for Property (state the total property value + your share and your value in the property as your assets) + Employment + Family ties, etc
Dear Bryanna,

Thanks for your advice. I really do appreciate it. What's confusing to me is in some instances you may be required to provide proof of your return ticket, hotel bookings etc. how do you go about booking a hotel or a hostel room etc without paying for it?

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ok will apply with Indian address and mention in cover if trv is issued can we submit passports in New York for stamping.. shall I mention this in cover letter or once we get passport requests

Also not sure if I can scan all property documents and income tax returns bank statements into one PDF file to upload as they have limited space to upload all these things

sayadil

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Bryanna said:
No. They are only visitors in the US.

Apply online with your India address.... as they can prove their strong ties to India

@ bryanna please check inbox thanks.