NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
29-10-2020
Dear Bryanna ,
I have seen your Posts and comments and have noticed you have helped a lot of people to get their visas . Please help me as well as i am very disheartened since i got two refusals from cic.
Let me introduce to you myself . I am heena from New Delhi, India but currently working and living in UAE (abudhabi)as a store supervisor in a luxury brand.
I am married since 2014.
Below are my both application details and refusal reasons.
1st application-
I applied in Dec. 2014 just after 6months of my marriage along with my husband as dependent, for Pg certificate in Supply chain and management from Fanshawe College . I was unemployed at that time and got rejected because of Course mismatch and year gap . Also home ties was one of the reason. Through A Consultant

2nd Application Applied in May2016 refused in June2016.This time By myself. For diploma in Fashion management and promotion from humber college . 1year course. And this time i applied alone . I am employed earning good enough gave all my tuition fees and showed around 35k Cad in hand also an affadavit of my father that he will give his property in my name and i will come back after my studies.
I got refused . Reason being. Purpose of visit. Travel History , current employment status and home ties.

Let me give you some points on my profile . I am on a two year contract here which will expire in sept17, i can break the contract anytime.
Also i have travelled to London on student visa for a month on certificate course and have been to various asian countries . Also i have paris visitor visa in my passport.
I have good academics score and i scored 7bands overall. But now i need to give ielts again asi it will expire in oct. i have done B.Sc in fashion and Apparel Designing

I really want to go to canada . PLEASE HELP ME WHAT WILL BE MY BEST CHOICE TO GO THERE? Should i apply again as a student if yes then how and if any other option you can suggest me . Please let me know. I would be greatfull to you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

First, don't get disheartened.

What documents did you submit the second time?

IMO, you were refused (the second time) because:
1. You chose a Diploma course in Fashion Management when you have already graduated in Fashion Designing earlier. You must choose a course which is (for example) a Masters program.

2. Affidavit's will not work. That's why an assurance from your dad that you will inherit his property will also not work.

3. You did not submit enough evidence/ties to show your strong ties to India, your employment in the UAE, etc

Also, if you choose a 12 months study program, you will get a PGWP which will be only for 12 months. This will not really help you to find a job. Choose a program which is 2 years or more so that you get a 3 years PGWP.

Apart from the study route, you can check if you (or your husband) are eligible to apply for PR through any of the economic classes

Cheers

heena1521

Aug 20, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
29-10-2020
Bryanna said:
Hi,

First, don't get disheartened.

What documents did you submit the second time?

IMO, you were refused (the second time) because:
1. You chose a Diploma course in Fashion Designing when you have already graduated in Fashion Designing earlier. You must choose a course which is (for example) a Masters program

It was a Post graduate diploma in fashion management and promotions who's eligiblity included the bachelors degree .

2. Affidavit's will not work. That's why an assurance from your dad that you will inherit his property will also not work.
Yes now i know☹

3. You did not submit enough evidence/ties to show your strong ties to India, your employment in the UAE, etc
I did submitted my offer letter my payslips and my husband's bank account details where we have been saving together.

Also, if you choose a 12 months study program, you will get a PGWP which will be only for 12 months. This will not really help you to find a job. Choose a program which is 2 years or more so that you get a 3 years PGWP.

Apart from the study route, you can check if you are eligible to apply for PR through any of the economic classes

Do you think after getting refused for student Visa twice if i apply for PR it wont effect?

And please tell me why did they refused me for travel history i have travelled quite a bit

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I did submitted my offer letter my payslips and my husband's bank account details where we have been saving together.
Based on your earlier post, I think you started working in the UAE since September 2015.... and you applied for a study permit the second time eight months later. This means your employment ties (for the current contract) are recent/not strong.

Do you think after getting refused for student Visa twice if i apply for PR it wont effect?
If you apply again (and if you get refused) then yes, it can affect your PR.

You'll be looking at a January 2017 intake. So in case you choose to reapply for a study permit then apply for GCMS Notes first to fully understand why you were refused. This will help you to address the refusal reasons better.

And please tell me why did they refused me for travel history i have travelled quite a bit
Travel to countries like the UK and France (in your case) will count as travel history. Asian countries will not count.

It also depends on how long your visit was to these two countries and the purpose of your visits.

My advice is to choose a Masters program.... or check if you or your husband are eligible for PR

heena1521

Aug 20, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
29-10-2020
Bryanna said:
Based on your earlier post, I think you started working in the UAE since September 2015.... and you applied for a study permit the second time eight months later. This means your employment ties (for the current contract) are recent/not strong.

If you apply again (and if you get refused) then yes, it can affect your PR.

You'll be looking at a January 2017 intake. So in case you choose to reapply for a study permit then apply for GCMS Notes first to fully understand why you were refused. This will help you to address the refusal reasons better.

Travel to countries like the UK and France (in your case) will count as travel history. Asian countries will not count.

It also depends on how long your visit was to these two countries and the purpose of your visits.

My advice is to choose a Masters program.... or check if you or your husband are eligible for PR
As for now i am thinking to apply for sept2017 intake so that atleast i can complete one and half year here. Should i go back to my country like by may or june before the completion of my contract?

Also what ties can i show there if i go back . Because if i leave the job here i will be unemployed in india.

Please tell me what option is best for me

1. Apply for January intake2017 for a masters programme from UAE . In this case what can i show my ties

Option2. Break my contract in May2017 and go back to india and apply for september2017 intake. Then what ties can i show to india .

heena1521

Aug 20, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
29-10-2020
P.S i got the Paris Tourist visa but i did not travel due to personal problems and for UK was a 6month single entry student visa i stayed only for 1month as per my certificate duration . It was like a group tour with my college classmates

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
As for now i am thinking to apply for sept2017 intake so that atleast i can complete one and half year here. Should i go back to my country like by may or june before the completion of my contract?
Personally, my advice is do NOT quit your job until you get the study permit/PR. It is always better to be employed and have a bank balance to support your applications than to be unemployed/less bank balance.

Also what ties can i show there if i go back .
Employment + family ties (especially your husband and dependent family) + any property/land ownership which is legally in your name (not your dad's name) + good financial situation

Also choose the correct study program which is relevant to your employment history and your education + it will give you a 3 years PGWP

heena1521

Aug 20, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
29-10-2020
Bryanna said:
Personally, my advice is do NOT quit your job until you get the study permit/PR. It is always better to be employed and have a bank balance to support your applications than to be unemployed/less bank balance.

Employment + family ties (especially your husband and dependent family) + any property/land ownership which is legally in your name (not your dad's name) + good financial situation

Also choose the correct study program which is relevant to your employment history and your education + it will give you a 3 years PGWP
Thank you so much for you suggestion Bryanna. By your advise i have decided is to apply from uae itself as i can be employed here itself also will go for a master's this time. I will stay intouch with you. One last question dear please tell me i should go for jan intake or september intake? As of now i have a good financial savings, as i have been saving for canada since long!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You're welcome :)

One last question dear please tell me i should go for jan intake or september intake?
This is your personal choice.... and it would depend on you retaking the IELTS Academics test, the course you choose, etc.

Do not rush to reapply. Prepare your paperwork well. Also, do go through the International Students section of this forum

heena1521

Aug 20, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
29-10-2020
Bryanna said:
You're welcome :)
This is your personal choice.... and it would depend on you retaking the IELTS Academics test, the course you choose, etc.

Do not rush to reapply. Prepare your paperwork well. Also, do go through the International Students section of this forum
Yes i have been following this forum since two years now and before applying also took advice from quite a few number of people but still did not got through it.
I am not in a hurry sure i don't want no refusals anymore. Will apply for next september itself . And will give ielts meanwhile.

Thank you once again. Will be intouch for your further guidance.

Sam412

Sep 18, 2016
Dear bryanna.

I have applied for my visitor visa on july 31 and on august 1 I've got an email that my tracking id has been forwarded to bangalore vfs but still now it's showing processing. ... why is it taking so long. It is my second attempt first time I've got an refusal stating travel history and not enough money.. so this time it's been45 days .. any suggestions please let me know. Average processing time is 33 days...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Sam412
The processing times posted on the CIC website are only given as a guide. It will vary from case to case.

You can try linking your paper application to your online account for possibly more updates.

The Bangalore TRV thread has people waiting for decisions since July 21 (when I last saw). No idea why it's taking so long

Hope you get an approval soon :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Sam412

My bad. I thought yours is a paper app because you said
I've got an email that my tracking id has been forwarded to bangalore vfs
Yes, you can try sending a Case Specific Enquiry if you have reasons to visit Canada soon. Otherwise I would just wait until the decision is given