+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging open work permit for permanent residence applicants

ktakhan

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
Hi,

Can I still apply for a BOWP if I applied for PR in Nov and I have a valid closed WP (did not use the job offer for points), but I already resigned? Is my WP is still considered valid for a BOWP?

24garora

Dec 30, 2023
I am non express entry PR applicant. I am currently in India on some family emergency. My PGWP is expiring on 31 March 2024. Can I file for BOWP from India or it can only be filed from Canada? Is there an alternative?

VrajParikh

Mar 10, 2024
@Naturgrl I am in tricky situation and I would really appreciate some guidance. I received my ITA but dont have the PCC yet to submit my PR application. My post graduate work permit expires on 17th March and I am not sure what to do next. I have a few questions that I would be grateful if you or anyone else could answer:

1. Can I apply for PR on expired worker status (i.e. after 17th March)?
2. Can I apply for BOWP without AOR and submit it later using the webform?
3. Can I change my status to visitor, and apply for PR. And once I get my AOR, can I apply for BOWP as a visitor?
4. What other options do I have to stay in Canada and get working again as soon as possible?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
@Naturgrl I am in tricky situation and I would really appreciate some guidance. I received my ITA but dont have the PCC yet to submit my PR application. My post graduate work permit expires on 17th March and I am not sure what to do next. I have a few questions that I would be grateful if you or anyone else could answer:

1. Can I apply for PR on expired worker status (i.e. after 17th March)?No

2. Can I apply for BOWP without AOR and submit it later using the webform? Yes you can submit without AOR and submit webform asap when you apply for PR application.
3. Can I change my status to visitor, and apply for PR. And once I get my AOR, can I apply for BOWP as a visitor? Not sure if you can do that.
4. What other options do I have to stay in Canada and get working again as soon as possible?

Reactions: VrajParikh