+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

omega1

May 15, 2016
Thanks neorol
neorol said:
I think it's a tricky question because Co-op work permit says "Authorized to undertake employment which forms integral part of studies as certified by the educational institution"

In my opinion it means that Co-op work permit is valid only if you are still a full-time student at the school you obtained it for. So I would say no, but let's wait for some seniors' opinion.
in the requirement for BOWP ,cic didn't specify what kind of work permit,
and how they gonna know if i am still a full time student at the school?

sid.r

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nonnemacher said:
You are good to go, but don't forget to attach your AOR and OINP nomination letter to your BOWP application
Thank you! I will apply it by this weekend. Do we attached the AOR email? Please let me know. Thanks again!

rottenapple

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
GP
Category........
NOC Code......
NOC 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF/ Oct. 05,2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Aug. 09,'16
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
DONE
Med's Done....
16-08-2016/PASSED
Interview........
NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
Passport Req..
JANUARY 04,2017
VISA ISSUED...
JAN.20,2017/ Immigrant visa n COPR issued
LANDED..........
Feb.01,2017
KJHOT said:
same here bro
10.27 ee aor
10.28 submit bowp with aor
work permit expire date 10.28
bowp app. status still "on hold"
i think because of r10 not done yet

[/quote
How is your BOWP application, still on hold?

KJHOT

Star Member
May 12, 2016
rottenapple said:
KJHOT said:
same here bro
10.27 ee aor
10.28 submit bowp with aor
work permit expire date 10.28
bowp app. status still "on hold"
i think because of r10 not done yet

[/quote
How is your BOWP application, still on hold?
Yes bro
u share the same problem???

patricia.g

Dec 13, 2016
Hello,

Does anybody what's the duration of the bridging work permit? I read in an earlier post that it's good for one year, is this always the case? Or it depends on the time gap between EE application and BOWP application?

Thanks!

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
omega1 said:
Thanks neorol
in the requirement for BOWP ,cic didn't specify what kind of work permit,
and how they gonna know if i am still a full time student at the school?
Your Co-op permit was issued for the program you were enrolled in. Since you have your PGWP based on that program it won't be hard to figure out that you are not a full-time student anymore. Not mentioning the fact that you will provide every details about your education in your Permanent Residency application. Again, for me Co-op work permit is not a regular work permit. I see your point, but I wouldn't build my staying in Canada on an assumption. You should ask for advice from an expert. Every immigraiton lawyer has skype appointments. approx $200 and you will know the answer.

nikhilpatil22

Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29th Sep 2016
Med's Done....
18th Oct 2016
Passport Req..
25th Jan 2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th Feb 2017
LANDED..........
18th Feb 2017, rainbow bridge
my BOWP got approved in 26 days.

Aug 26, 2016
delorean said:
I already have applied for BOWP. I used a document that I received after submitting Express Entry. Application number is written in it. Many people say that we can use the document for BOWP. That's not different from AOR? My work visa will be expired on 3rd of April. I need to be in implied status so that I can work under the status. Is it right or wrong?

Please is the AOR difference from the receipt of payment made. I submitted my application Dec 10 and i never got anything except the receipt that i have paid the fees. Thanks

Aug 26, 2016
bud_weiser said:
AOR is issued as soon as u hit pay button I submitted Sunday and got it in 2 min back. You can use it to get a BOWP AOR is only acknowledge of receipt same as old system it just say u paid and it's in proses you don't need to wait for pass as that work was done when they issued a ITA submit it I need to wait few more weeks to be 4 months
After submitting my Application , all i received was confirmation of online application transmission and a receipt that i have made payment. I never received AOR. I never knew I should receive this until i was about to apply for my BOWP.

Please has anyone ran into this issue before? I have sent a mail under Enquiry to CIC and I plan calling them on Monday. I would appreciate any suggestion or advise on this . Thanks

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys

I just want to confirm what I know is correct.

Once you get ITA, You need to submit application and pay the fees. After that you get AoR and based on that you can apply for BOWP.

Your bowp application will remain in process or on hold until you pass R10 completeness check and after that you receive bowp. This whole bowp process takes about 4-5 weeks from the day you submit bowp application.

Please correct / confirm what I said above is true or not.

Thanks

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
Hi guys,

What's the latest processing time for BOWP? I'm planning to send my spouse's application since I added him as dependent after my PPR. The last time I got mine was approved in less than a month. I don't know if the trend is still the same.

Thanks

rottenapple

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
GP
Category........
NOC Code......
NOC 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF/ Oct. 05,2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Aug. 09,'16
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
DONE
Med's Done....
16-08-2016/PASSED
Interview........
NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
Passport Req..
JANUARY 04,2017
VISA ISSUED...
JAN.20,2017/ Immigrant visa n COPR issued
LANDED..........
Feb.01,2017
Batman_is_Real said:
Hi guys

I just want to confirm what I know is correct.

Once you get ITA, You need to submit application and pay the fees. After that you get AoR and based on that you can apply for BOWP.

Your bowp application will remain in process or on hold until you pass R10 completeness check and after that you receive bowp. This whole bowp process takes about 4-5 weeks from the day you submit bowp application.

Please correct / confirm what I said above is true or not.

Thanks
true

Jojcanada

Dec 4, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nitz_Au said:
Hi guys,

What's the latest processing time for BOWP? I'm planning to send my spouse's application since I added him as dependent after my PPR. The last time I got mine was approved in less than a month. I don't know if the trend is still the same.

Thanks
26 days

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017

secretbridge

Dec 13, 2016
Hi,

I got OINP nomination letter and applied for PR on 15-Dec-2016 (received eAPR receipt i.e. I guess so called AOR in 10 mins). My post graduation work permit is expiring on 2-Jan-2016 including my spouse work permit.

I am applying for BOWP online. For this please help me to fill certain questions as follows:

1) For questionnaires, Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada? Yes or No ?

2)For form 5710, Have you been issued a certificate under the provincial nominee program ?Yes or No ?

3) For form 5710 of spouse, Have you been issued a certificate under the provincial nominee program ? Yes or No ?

I will really appreciate your help.