+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

kashm1111

Sep 26, 2014
Hello Guys.. i got my owp approval notification in my CIC account today exactly applying after 1 month.. i thought that i would get it as attachment in my cic account but its not there.. although my cic account shows that owp application is approved under final decision section and file is showing as closed.

I am planning to apply for trv so want to know if i would get soft copy of owp in my cic account ?? and how much time will it take to get hard copy..

timelines: PR : 7.5 months and waiting
OWP: applied 17Oct, approved: 17Nov

Patelpatel506

Oct 19, 2016
kashm1111 said:
Hello Guys.. i got my owp approval notification in my CIC account today exactly applying after 1 month.. i thought that i would get it as attachment in my cic account but its not there.. although my cic account shows that owp application is approved under final decision section and file is showing as closed.

I am planning to apply for trv so want to know if i would get soft copy of owp in my cic account ?? and how much time will it take to get hard copy..

timelines: PR : 7.5 months and waiting
OWP: applied 17Oct, approved: 17Nov
Can i get ur fon number or can u text me on whats app 3069305868

FBack54

May 25, 2015
FBack54 said:
I had a bit of a weird discussion with a call center agent and am hoping someone has guidance.

To give you some context, I submitted a paper BOWP application before I had an ITA because my work permit was expiring. I eventually did end up getting an ITA and sent in a followup package to CPC-Vegreville with my AOR assuming it was a longshot that my BOWP application wouldn't be rejected or refused. I got a call from a CIC agent on Oct 18th saying that everything was in order, except she needed a copy of my OINP certificate to approve my application. I sent that in but didn't hear anything back.

Here is where the weirdness starts. I gave the call center a call a couple of days ago and they basically told me that the only reason I hadn't gotten my BOWP is because I hadn't passed R10 completeness check. They also called me out for submitting my BOWP application before AOR which I thought was a sure fire rejection. Anyways, the lady put me on hold for a bit and then came back to tell me that I had in fact gotten my R10 completeness check and that se was going to request that my BOWP application be approved. She then said it would take up to 3 months for that to happen.

Does the call center agent have that kind of authority to request that something be approved? I am cautiously positive about the developments, but it all seems a bit strange to me. The one thing it does show is that nothing is done until you get an approval or a rejection...the saga continues.
I got my BOWP in the mail yesterday. Took 4.5 months and I'm still not sure how exactly it happened, but I am overjoyed. For those that submitted their BOWP appplications before ITA, don't depend on it working out, but don't lose hope either.

cutesmile_1728

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. I just want to ask if anyone experienced refunding the payment of BOWP? We applied for BOWP last Nov 11 however we received our PPR by Nov 15.. Is there a way to refund the payment? Or automatically the officer could see it that we are already in PPR and he / she will no longer process the BOWP.. Thank you in advance.

andyincanada

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2016
Nomination.....
27-10-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
Med's Done....
20-10-2016
Passport Req..
12 Apr 2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-Apr-2017
cutesmile_1728 said:
Hi everyone. I just want to ask if anyone experienced refunding the payment of BOWP? We applied for BOWP last Nov 11 however we received our PPR by Nov 15.. Is there a way to refund the payment? Or automatically the officer could see it that we are already in PPR and he / she will no longer process the BOWP.. Thank you in advance.
If your application has not been touched yet, CIC would refund the complete fee. Call their customer support and let them know you wish to withdraw your application. You would receive a letter of confirmation on your CIC account (of your withdrawal) and receive the credit in a couple of weeks (again, if they have not yet touched your application).

cutesmile_1728

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^ andyincanada

Thank you so much for the reply.

Should we call the CIC now or much better to wait until we receive back our passport? I think they haven't touch it since we just submitted it last Nov11 then Nov15 we received the PPR.
I do really hope they will refund us it was $600 (for whole family).

Have a great day ahead andyincanada!

Jojcanada

Dec 4, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted my eApr on the 22 Oct. How long should i wait before applying for BOWP?
My medical status just changed to passed today and my current OWP expires in January

andyincanada

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2016
Nomination.....
27-10-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
Med's Done....
20-10-2016
Passport Req..
12 Apr 2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-Apr-2017
cutesmile_1728 said:
^ andyincanada

Thank you so much for the reply.

Should we call the CIC now or much better to wait until we receive back our passport? I think they haven't touch it since we just submitted it last Nov11 then Nov15 we received the PPR.
I do really hope they will refund us it was $600 (for whole family).

Have a great day ahead andyincanada!
There is no relation to calling them now and letting them know of your intent to withdraw your application vis-a vis waiting for your passport's return. Their call center hours are usually 8-5 M-F. While you wait for Monday morning to call them, in the interim you can contact them through their web form (CSE). This has worked for me in the past (once through the CSE and twice calling them and asking them to withdraw). As you can see, I seem to have quite an experience on this!

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
Jojcanada said:
I submitted my eApr on the 22 Oct. How long should i wait before applying for BOWP?
My medical status just changed to passed today and my current OWP expires in January
You may apply using AOR letter you received after submission of PR application. However IRCC may put your BOWP application on hold until completion of R10 pr application completeness check (if it's not done already)

cutesmile_1728

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andyincanada said:
If your application has not been touched yet, CIC would refund the complete fee. Call their customer support and let them know you wish to withdraw your application. You would receive a letter of confirmation on your CIC account (of your withdrawal) and receive the credit in a couple of weeks (again, if they have not yet touched your application).
Hi andyincanada. Good day! Thank you for the response. I just like to ask if you can please share the CIC number? Thank you!

Lets_do_it

Oct 20, 2016
pfse said:
You may apply using AOR letter you received after submission of PR application. However IRCC may put your BOWP application on hold until completion of R10 pr application completeness check (if it's not done already)
I am also in the same boat. Submitted my e-APR on Nov 6th, 2016 and work permit is expiring in January 2017.

I am thinking to apply BOWP after my medical is passed. Please keep sharing updates after you apply for BOWP.

All the best!!!

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
cutesmile_1728 said:
Hi andyincanada. Good day! Thank you for the response. I just like to ask if you can please share the CIC number? Thank you!
Its +18882422100 choose 7 for EE

Vinoo Sanjeevi

Mar 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I just got my BOWP approved today, can anyone tell me how long will it take to receive the Work Permit through mail ?

compuwhiz93

Nov 16, 2015
Hello all,

I had a question regarding SIN Number.
After we get our BOWP, how are we supposed to extend our SIN Number/Card expiry date? If we cannot, wouldn't that affect our employment?

Has anyone here faced any issues with their employers with a BOWP?

Please let us know and thanks a lot.