+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BREAKING NEWS Bill C-6 finally passed in HoC, Now reading in Senate

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
canadasucks said:
First, Canada government is not a master of anyone, nobody has the obligation to be loyal to it as a slave. This is not one of requirements to apply citizenship. Anyone can criticize it freely.

Second, for me Canada is not an "opportunity" of life, it's simply one of many options, I was begged by the country's business to come here because they wanted my skills. I had wrong impression by the propaganda of the government and made wrong choice to come here. I paid hundred thousands of tax to this country and I regretted. I'm actually in the process of relocating back to my "home" country, which is much more economic developed and civilized than Canada in terms of laws and orders and human right conditions. So please don't assume everyone coming to this country desperately.

One of examples, in my home country, anyone including immigrants can challenge government for unfair laws and they often won and even got compensations. But this is unimaginable in Canada. Among the immigrants in my home country, a lot are Canadian from birth, they complained to me a lot about Canada before I came here but I ignored them and now I regret I should have follow their warnings.
You are contradicting yourself. Since your country is 'much more economically developed and civilized than Canada', and since you must be a unique expert in some field hence you were 'begged by country's business to come here', then why are you so concerned about becoming a citizen? A sophisticated person like you would not benefit much from becoming a citizen unless you are really desperate to vote. Come on just spill it out, you are just selfish like everyone else and want to become Canadian because it gives you benefits your home country does not. If you are eventually moving back home then why would you waste your time and money applying for a citizenship of a country you clearly despise?

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcher said:
You are contradicting yourself. Since your country is 'much more economically developed and civilized than Canada', and since you must be a unique expert in some field hence you were 'begged by country's business to come here', then why are you so concerned about becoming a citizen? A sophisticated person like you would not benefit much from becoming a citizen unless you are really desperate to vote. Come on just spill it out, you are just selfish like everyone else and want to become Canadian because it gives you benefits your home country does not. If you are eventually moving back home then why would you waste your time and money applying for a citizenship of a country you clearly despise?
Actually I'm just concerned but not desperately to become citizen. It really doesn't bring any extra benefits than my own citizenship. It's about the principles, fairness, justice, betray of government, what I witnessed in these years of living in the country is so contrary from the government's own propaganda. If you have the opportunities to go deep into native communities which they are the real owners of the land, you will be amazed by the human right conditions, compare to that, this bill really is nothing. It's so many lies I discovered from the government mostly disappointed me. I just try to provide a point of view from my angel as I had opportunities to see a lot places that most Canadians will never see.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
ipfreely said:
Freedom of speech. Anyone can use names they fancy. Now, if it offends you, ignore it. If ya can't, as clear as daylight, you have a problem.
But you can't force your will on anyone and expect none will budge back.

Slow day at work for me.
ipfreely .. of course he is free to use whatever name he wants. I never questioned the freedom of opinion; in fact, I used the same concept to share mine.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
canadasucks said:
Actually I'm just concerned but not desperately to become citizen. It really doesn't bring any extra benefits than my own citizenship. It's about the principles, fairness, justice, betray of government, what I witnessed in these years of living in the country is so contrary from the government's own propaganda. If you have the opportunities to go deep into native communities which they are the real owners of the land, you will be amazed the human right conditions, compare to that, this bill really is nothing. It's so many lies I discovered from the government mostly disappointed me. I just try to provide a point of view from my angel as I had opportunities to see a lot places that most Canadians will never see.
You are opening a completely different topic now by bringing up the natives; and trust me that is one subject I do know a lot about. But for now, let us stick to C-6 and citizenship related topics.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Bill C6 will not be implemented before all of us who are affected by C24 Bill 4/6 become eligible, so for now it is best to lobby for this bill not to be passed and return back to HoC for all ammenmends that are needed such as to allow MP Monsef to retain her citizenship

marky14

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People here debate to express their thoughts freely, but c'mon guys try to focus on the bill not just one clause. Our legislators are addressing the bigger aspect of the bill which is the revocation of citizenship without a hearing. If this does not interest you, I would rather name this forum which talks about the number of days for residency (which is 95% of what has been talked about) rather than generalizing bill c-6 updates. Clearly, this is a personal interest for a number of you. I am 100% that at least 2 to 3 senator's staff is monitoring this and some points are taken into consideration. However, this is a painstaking process. Also, whatever you say here, there's nothing much you can do. Happy Thanksgiving!

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
marky14 said:
People here debate to express their thoughts freely, but c'mon guys try to focus on the bill not just one clause. Our legislators are addressing the bigger aspect of the bill which is the revocation of citizenship without a hearing. If this does not interest you, I would rather name this forum which talks about the number of days for residency (which is 95% of what has been talked about) rather than generalizing bill c-6 updates. Clearly, this is a personal interest for a number of you. I am 100% that at least 2 to 3 senator's staff is monitoring this and some points are taken into consideration. However, this is a painstaking process. Also, whatever you say here, there's nothing much you can do. Happy Thanksgiving!
You know what, I doubt the Senators' staff care about what we say, as their job is to serve her Majesty before anyone else. They are not elected so they do not have to worry about what the general public thinks. As per C-6, I agree with you it is more than the residency clause; but the fact is 99.9% of the chaps on here only care about that clause. How many care about language requirements? I doubt any as everyone seems to speak/write acceptable English here. How many care about the citizenship revoking clause? I doubt any unless involved or planning to be involved in fraud or some illegal activity. Some care about the intent to reside, as they may have plans to go elsewhere, but that is exactly why that clause was introduced, to stop citizenship of convenience. One aspect that many seem to not realize is that C-6 was introduced by Liberals not because C-24 made citizenship less convenient and slightly more difficult; the reason C-6 was introduced because Libs believe certain clauses are unconstitutional and discriminatory as they treat different Canadians differently; hence the Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian.

marky14

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcher said:
You are opening a completely different topic now by bringing up the natives; and trust me that is one subject I do know a lot about. But for now, let us stick to C-6 and citizenship related topics.
Yes, kindly focus on bill c-6 not just one clause of the bill! Controversial bills takes an average of 1.2 years. Bill C-24 was took 6mos quite faster since it focused on the national security which was explained clearly during the HoC and Senate readings. It so happened that there was a flaw which was the hearing part. What if the years of residency is excluded to the bill, do you think you will still be 100% interested on the bill? I am certain not since you are bashing our senators with slow process but everything that you mentioned here is just the days of residency. Your fairness has become a greed to focus in just one aspect of the bill. I agree with Canadasuck when he said 'I just try to provide a point of view from my angel as I had opportunities to see a lot places that most Canadians will never see.'. Marcher, you brag about you know a lot of natives but you misunderstood the representation of Canadasuck when he/she made his/her opinion.

marky14

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcher said:
You know what, I doubt the Senators' staff care about what we say, as their job is to serve her Majesty before anyone else. They are not elected so they do not have to worry about what the general public thinks. As per C-6, I agree with you it is more than the residency clause; but the fact is 99.9% of the chaps on here only care about that clause. How many care about language requirements? I doubt any as everyone seems to speak/write acceptable English here. How many care about the citizenship revoking clause? I doubt any unless involved or planning to be involved in fraud or some illegal activity. Some care about the intent to reside, as they may have plans to go elsewhere, but that is exactly why that clause was introduced, to stop citizenship of convenience. One aspect that many seem to not realize is that C-6 was introduced by Liberals not because C-24 made citizenship less convenient and slightly more difficult; the reason C-6 was introduced because Libs believe certain clauses are unconstitutional and discriminatory as they treat different Canadians differently; hence the Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian.
This clearly shows you are only interested in one aspect and I believe this is not a proper forum for you marcher.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
marky14 said:
Yes, kindly focus on bill c-6 not just one clause of the bill! Controversial bills takes an average of 1.2 years. Bill C-24 was took 6mos quite faster since it focused on the national security which was explained clearly during the HoC and Senate readings. It so happened that there was a flaw which was the hearing part. What if the years of residency is excluded to the bill, do you think you will still be 100% interested on the bill? I am certain not since you are bashing our senators with slow process but everything that you mentioned here is just the days of residency. Your fairness has become a greed to focus in just one aspect of the bill. I agree with Canadasuck when he said 'I just try to provide a point of view from my angel as I had opportunities to see a lot places that most Canadians will never see.'. Marcher, you brag about you know a lot of natives but you misunderstood the representation of Canadasuck when he/she made his/her opinion.
I did not brag about knowing natives, in fact I am not claiming I know any native. I said I know a lot about the subject of what natives undergo. My point is it is a different subject not to be discussed in a citizenship forum.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
marky14 said:
This clearly shows you are only interested in one aspect and I believe this is not a proper forum for you marcher.
I fail to understand your logic marky.

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marky14 said:
The problem is, while Liberals had opportunity to adopt amendment by NDP on this cause during Commons stage they rejected. Also while Liberals had power to suspend revoking citizenship without hearing while the bill still pending to show their moral ground again they didn't choose to do so. In the end, they just proved they are the same ass as Conservatives although they tried to show this bill is based on principles and values.

Although I hated Conservatives, but this time we really cannot blame them, it's Liberals made mistakes to let Conservatives can have something to attack on.

marky14

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcher said:
I did not brag about knowing natives, in fact I am not claiming I know any native. I said I know a lot about the subject of what natives undergo. My point is it is a different subject not to be discussed in a citizenship forum.
straighten up your acts. your thoughts are not going anywhere and the forum is not a place to bash but rather help and acquire reliable information, understand the bill, be knowledgeable with one's opinion rather than pushing your thoughts for others to believe in and get sympathy from them. Try to review what you have posted and it all boils down to your personal interest. Most of the people are also looking forward to be citizen but your yapping makes it more fun that's why I decided to come and join the fun.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
canadasucks said:
The problem is, while Liberals had opportunity to adopt amendment by NDP on this cause during Commons stage they denied. Also while Liberals had power to suspend revoking citizenship without hearing while the bill still pending to show their moral ground again they didn't choose to do so. In the end, they just proved they are the same ass as Conservatives although they tried to show this bill is based on principles and values.

Although I hated Conservatives, but this time we really cannot blame them, it's Liberals made mistakes to let Conservatives can have something to attack on.
You are finally making good points :). For some reason some people like to think of Conservatives as villains and Liberals as the superheroes. They forget that these are political parties that differ on some ideas but share a lot of similar ideas. At the end of the day, they are run by politicians; not by Mother Theresa :).

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
marky14 said:
straighten up your acts. your thoughts are not going anywhere and the forum is not a place to bash but rather help and acquire reliable information, understand the bill, be knowledgeable with one's opinion rather than pushing your thoughts for others to believe in and get sympathy from them. Try to review what you have posted and it all boils down to your personal interest. Most of the people are also looking forward to be citizen but your yapping makes it more fun that's why I decided to come and join the fun.
Looks like I hit a nerve end on your side, and you are discontent. I am not sure why you are making such accusations, I shared my opinions, and I stick to them. I do not expect anyone to change theirs because of me.