+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BREAKING NEWS Bill C-6 finally passed in HoC, Now reading in Senate

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qjzhou said:
Correct me if I'm wrong. It seems like the HoC is going to have a meeting this afternoon at 15:30.

Meeting No. 31 CIMM - Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration
3:30 PM-5:30 PM
Thu, Oct 6, 2016

Hopefully they can have a productive meeting to move this bill forward.
This has nothing to do with C-6.

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess Liberals now has messed up C-6 totally. Even they are afraid of pushing C-6 forward themselves. It has become a big embarrassment for them. They used to argue about two-tie citizenship unconstitutional in C-6. Now they are caught of denying hearing right for stripping citizenship which is even more unconstitutional. They lost all of their arguments now.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
bill c-6 is dead.
they messed it from the beginning ..by the time it'd be approved ..most of the people will qualify ..they insisted on stuff that even ,us , the people we are not even caring about .
It'll keep on being pushed forward.. Enjoy life and focus on other things... I'm not going to argue or expose arguments on what to really believe .. but look around you ..we are so behind the rest of the world ..

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
canadasucks said:
I guess Liberals now has messed up C-6 totally. Even they are afraid of pushing C-6 forward themselves. It has become a big embarrassment for them. They used to argue about two-tie citizenship unconstitutional in C-6. Now they are caught of denying hearing right for stripping citizenship which is even more unconstitutional. They lost all of their arguments now.
Talking about biting the hand that feeds you .. With a username such as yours, and these negative comments you spew like venom, you surely give the ideal example of ungratefulness. Libs, Cons nor any other political party or individual owe you Mr. PR nothing, nor did they promise you anything because you did not vote. C-6 is not an embarrassment to anyone, it is a Bill in process, something that happens since the government's creation. The only reason you are aware of this now because you have personal interest in the outcome. Canada will not change the way they process bills and create law just to suit some ungrateful individual who forget if it wasn't for Canada's laws and immigration system, would still be back in his home country, which clearly did not provide the opportunities Canada has, otherwise why leave? I am not Canadian, yet I find a username like yours disrespectful and offensive.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcher said:
Talking about biting the hand that feeds you .. With a username such as yours, and these negative comments you spew like venom, you surely give the ideal example of ungratefulness. Libs, Cons nor any other political party or individual owe you Mr. PR nothing, nor did they promise you anything because you did not vote. C-6 is not an embarrassment to anyone, it is a Bill in process, something that happens since the government's creation. The only reason you are aware of this now because you have personal interest in the outcome. Canada will not change the way they process bills and create law just to suit some ungrateful individual who forget if it wasn't for Canada's laws and immigration system, would still be back in his home country, which clearly did not provide the opportunities Canada has, otherwise why leave? I am not Canadian, yet I find a username like yours disrespectful and offensive.
I 100% agree with you. Even though I am not Citizen, I respect & love the country. We should be grateful of what this country have done for it. We are here by choice & should play our role for a better society. While this bill have certainly affected my application, I don't think of Canada lesser because of it. There is a system which certainly could be improved, but bashing it completely wont help.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
canadasucks said:
Aren't they attempting to amend the bill in the Senate to allow for a hearing in citizenship revocation cases? Isn't that a good thing?

marky14

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
punk said:
I 100% agree with you. Even though I am not Citizen, I respect & love the country. We should be grateful of what this country have done for it. We are here by choice & should play our role for a better society. While this bill have certainly affected my application, I don't think of Canada lesser because of it. There is a system which certainly could be improved, but bashing it completely wont help.
I totally agree with you! Been following this discussion and just sad to see that the arguments/debate being showed is for their personal interests. Bill C-2 for instance is a very controversial bill that only became a law after 1.5 years. Similarly, Bill C-6 is being studied thoroughly before they do their discussion/debate. That's why senate is skipping this as both parties are gathering their facts and the basic reason Liberals are allowing this to be skipped. You also have to be realistic that even at work, when you have your 'fixed' agenda you skip them. Senate will eventually pass this bill until it is refined and questions are answered, doubts are removed. Some people that I am seeing who posts here also the people who kept on ranting/bashing even during their Permanent Residency application and they will never be pleased even though they are given the opportunity to move here in Canada. Learn to move on and live life!

marky14

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
Aren't they attempting to amend the bill in the Senate to allow for a hearing in citizenship revocation cases? Isn't that a good thing?
Yes, but some people don't understand that. They are just interested with one clause of the bill rather than the general changes. Tsk!

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
I'm a kind of lost in the argument here!!

I personally love Canada otherwise I wouldn't have immigrated, however, if some others are suffering since they decided to move to Canada and speak out loudly, it shouldn't be a problem for the rest. We should be open to freedom. BTW Some people might have no other option but to seek a homeland like Canada; those are stateless, I read and heard about such cases.

The point in this topic that appreciate we stick to it, is passing bill C-6. I'm though one of the folks who are keen to see bill C-6 a law ASAP, some of you might wonder why!!! Simply, I hated piling bank statements, bills, school report cards, and other documents that made me reserving a huge self in my small condo for filing these piles of documents, this is one reason. Another one, I feel shameful that my friends and other people I know had their passports in 3.5 years from landing where I have to wait for 4+ years to get mine, we both are going to be Canadians (isA) at the end. I know there were/are more severe cases for unlucky people who had to wait for 8+ years (abnormal cases). The passports I need are for travel (vacations) as my travel document is worthless that I didn't even renew for my family!! A lot more to be said.

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marky14 said:
I totally agree with you! Been following this discussion and just sad to see that the arguments/debate being showed is for their personal interests. Bill C-2 for instance is a very controversial bill that only became a law after 1.5 years. Similarly, Bill C-6 is being studied thoroughly before they do their discussion/debate. That's why senate is skipping this as both parties are gathering their facts and the basic reason Liberals are allowing this to be skipped. You also have to be realistic that even at work, when you have your 'fixed' agenda you skip them. Senate will eventually pass this bill until it is refined and questions are answered, doubts are removed. Some people that I am seeing who posts here also the people who kept on ranting/bashing even during their Permanent Residency application and they will never be pleased even though they are given the opportunity to move here in Canada. Learn to move on and live life!
Agree. All we need is patient. I still trust HoC and Senate can bring the positive change to the bill. Hopefully they can speedy the process.

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
links18 said:
It's indeed.

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcher said:
First, Canada government is not a master of anyone, nobody has the obligation to be loyal to it as a slave. This is not one of requirements to apply citizenship. Anyone can criticize it freely.

Second, for me Canada is not an "opportunity" of life, it's simply one of many options, I was begged by the country's business to come here because they wanted my skills. I had wrong impression by the propaganda of the government and made wrong choice to come here. I paid hundred thousands of tax to this country and I regretted. I'm actually in the process of relocating back to my "home" country, which is much more economic developed and civilized than Canada in terms of laws and orders and human right conditions. So please don't assume everyone coming to this country desperately.

One of examples, in my home country, anyone including immigrants can challenge government for unfair laws and they often won and even got compensations. But this is unimaginable in Canada. Among the immigrants in my home country, a lot are Canadian from birth, they complained to me a lot about Canada before I came here but I ignored them and now I regret I should have follow their warnings.

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
I start to submit my application for immigration in 2006.
They kept me waiting until 2011. I got my visa finally.

then I landed in 2012, I have to wait 4 years to get eligibility to apply for citizenship.
so 2016 , 10 years later, I am still waiting for eligibility.
(I take responsibility for 1 year between 2011 and 2012, I did not land as soon as I got visa, as the process was so slow and unpredicatble, I engaged with degree study, )

So my best time of one life , 10 years , was contributed to the slow process.

If I have chance to choose again from the start, I would not choose this road. Now I am old, invest toomuch, can not give up with inputing so many time and money, energy.
Blame some body.