+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Brand New Form at the Oath

skywards747

Mar 15, 2008
One of my family members did his oath at the Mississauga office today.

He had to sign a brand new form(according to the staff) prior to taking the oath on which you basically had to agree with the provisions of the new citizenship laws which came into the effect this week.

tim271

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
But they said the new law only go for the people that send in there applicatin in by 11 of june

skywards747

Mar 15, 2008
troll2 said:
What kind of provisions you talking about ? It doesn't make sense at all.
Provisions of this bill; http://www.cba.org/cba/submissions/pdf/14-22-eng.pdf

Things that governments all over world do don't always make sense.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
skywards747 said:

He had to sign a brand new form(according to the staff) prior to taking the oath on which you basically had to agree with the provisions of the new citizenship laws which came into the effect this week.
Could you please elaborate a little more in this regard ? By agree do you mean that the provisions of new law would apply to the future oath takers even if they applied after the new law .

Thanks

Ashkan

Jun 8, 2014
the only provision which can be applied is "intend of residence", but they themselves said it is just up to taking oath :eek: :eek:

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skywards747 said:

I'm sorry but i dont think its true. Even my friend did oath today @mississauga. She wasnt given any such form

skywards747

Mar 15, 2008
informatics said:
Could you please elaborate a little more in this regard ? By agree do you mean that the provisions of new law would apply to the future oath takers even if they applied after the new law .

Thanks
It is supposed to be a two page form and you put your name and the signature to say that you agree with the conditions as stated on the form. Some of the conditions that he recall were the provision to revoke your citizenship for terrorism and intent to reside in Canada.

I am sorry but I am not able to give you much further details on this as I did not see the form myself. What conveyed to me was that the CIC officer told everyone that it was is a brand new form to comply with the new citizenship law that came into effect this week.

skywards747

Mar 15, 2008
tiarachel85 said:
I'm sorry but i dont think its true. Even my friend did oath today @ mississauga. She wasnt given any such form
I just reconfirmed with him that everyone had to do it prior to entering the ceremony hall. It was the afternoon session, by the way.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
skywards747 said:
It is supposed to be a two page form and you put your name and the signature to say that you agree with the conditions as stated on the form. Some of the conditions that he recall were the provision to revoke your citizenship for terrorism and intent to reside in Canada.

I am sorry but I am not able to give you much further details on this as I did not see the form myself. What conveyed to me was that the CIC officer told everyone that it was is a brand new form to comply with the new citizenship law that came into effect this week.
Thanks once again for the details . Did your family friend remember anything mentioned about the intend to reside clause in the form ?

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
informatics said:
Thanks once again for the details . Did your family friend remember anything mentioned about the intend to reside clause in the form ?
My spouse did the oath and did sign this for. No intent to reside on the for. It was about confirming that you don't have any criminal thing closed or in process

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Travel Dream said:
Important question..

Did anyone who take the oath before 11 of jun sign any documents at the oath ?
Yes, two, the first one before oath confirming you have no criminal record and the second one after the oath, but just before receiving the certificate stating that you have received the certificate

Ray

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry people, you will get the passport from the country you don't want to live in.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Travel Dream said:
Important question..

Did anyone who take the oath before 11 of jun sign any documents at the oath ?
Others in the forum have reported signing a form that asked about criminal matters, confirming that no charges have arisen between the time of submitting the application and taking the oath. This is the form mentioned by arambi. skywards747 is stating that a new form came out on June 11th, so it would be good to get more reports of what this new form contains.