Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
fistillarte said:
mmmmmm.. No wonder many people apply on paper
You dont need your pnp certificate if you apply online.
So its better to apply online rather than applying paper application and attach pnp certificate.

fistillarte

Nov 17, 2014
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015 (Received by CIC)
Doc's Request.
17-08-2015 (RPRF & PCC)
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015 (XEP) 15-05-2015 (EP)
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015 (me) & 01-06-2015 (wife)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
But how will they know for sure your status? Am I to believe they will only see the extension form and say "ok dude, you got it" ?

juggy T

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 16 cic pnp category
AOR Received.
30 december 2014
Med's Request
14 january 2015
goldbank said:
I don't think that's true. My 2 co-workers who are under skilled employer-driven applied for BOWP but got denied because of the restriction written on the upper right hand of their AINP certificate. It was pointed out on the refusal letter that they can't apply for open work permit because their nomination is tied to that soecific employer.They applied again for the extension and with job offer from our employer and they got the closed work permit.
I got my BOWP because I am under Alberta Work Experience.
That explains it.
no , its not true , ainp said any ainp nominee even employer driven stream applicant is eligible for BOWP , their old version of nomination letter is different from current nomination letter, now ainp have diffrent format of ainp nomination letter n on it states that Employment Restriction - No.
So now onwards anybody get his nomination ,he or she is easily get the bowp using file no. as their nomination says no employment restriction written on nomination letter, i just saw my friend nomination letter he got a week ago n its totally diffrent from mine n he is under employer driven stream.

diliprathore

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Doc's Request.
?
Nomination.....
?
IELTS Request
AOR1 Sep27, AOR2Oct17
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
fistillarte said:
But how will they know for sure your status? Am I to believe they will only see the extension form and say "ok dude, you got it" ?
Well they can check everything from your client id tht your pr is in process n already passed d first stage of it.

goldbank

May 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3,2014
Doc's Request.
August 1,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 3, 2014 received April 2014
LANDED..........
in Canada Sept 2012
juggy T said:
no , its not true , ainp said any ainp nominee even employer driven stream applicant is eligible for BOWP , their old version of nomination letter is different from current nomination letter, now ainp have diffrent format of ainp nomination letter n on it states that Employment Restriction - No.
So now onwards anybody get his nomination ,he or she is easily get the bowp using file no. as their nomination says no employment restriction written on nomination letter, i just saw my friend nomination letter he got a week ago n its totally diffrent from mine n he is under employer driven stream.
For your information CIC is the one approving for the BOWP and not the AINP.
You can call this number to make your self cleared, ok.
1 (888) 242-2100
This is CIC number, call them as soon as you can and ask about if the employer-driven AINP nominees can apply for BOWP. He wilk ask you what are the restrictions of your AINP nomination. It is stated in your AINP certificate the restriction, it is on the upper right highlighted box.
Remember, there are different stream in AINP where you can obtain your nomination.
Further, please read and understand the link below.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

goldbank

May 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3,2014
Doc's Request.
August 1,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
in Canada Sept 2012
Please click the Bridging work permit: Eligibility parameters and read and understand the light blue NOTE highlight.
I hope everyone is cleared with this. That supports my point.
All the best to all.

goldbank

May 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3,2014
Doc's Request.
August 1,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
in Canada Sept 2012
diliprathore said:
When you apply ONLINE for BOWP all you need to upload is your passport copy and photo.
So there is no way you can upload you pnp certificate.
Wrong. For online BOWP application, you must (very very important) upload your AINP certificate and you can do it under the optional portion under the explanation. That's the way CIC determines if you have any restrictions in your nomination.
There are two entries under the optional portion, explanation and schedule A. You must upload your AINP cert in the explanation, you may choose not to upload the schedule A.
Aside from passport and digital photo you have to upload also your medical result and CIC file number and a validated IMM5710.
Of course there is a checklist for this but before you can go to the checklist you have to answer series of questions first.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
goldbank said:
1 (888) 242-2100
This is CIC number, call them as soon as you can and ask about if the employer-driven AINP nominees can apply for BOWP. He wilk ask you what are the restrictions of your AINP nomination. It is stated in your AINP certificate the restriction, it is on the upper right highlighted box.
Remember, there are different stream in AINP where you can obtain your nomination.
You just can't stop eh? All AINP certificate holders are entitled to BOWP regardless of the stream they applied under. Please stop stressing everyone out.

goldbank

May 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3,2014
Doc's Request.
August 1,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
in Canada Sept 2012
Phil89 said:
You just can't stop eh? All AINP certificate holders are entitled to BOWP regardless of the stream they applied under. Please stop stressing everyone out.
I am not stressing anybody. You are stressing yourself with your mediocrity (forgive me for my word) . I am merely directing you and others to the correct direction.
That's the point there besides it is very clear that the explanation of liisa227 ( thank you for your effort) didn't sink in to you who can't have any link from CIC to support what you are claiming.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
goldbank said:
I am not stressing anybody. You are stressing yourself with your mediocrity (forgive me for my word) . I am merely directing you and others to the correct direction.
That's the point there besides it is very clear that the explanation of liisa227 ( thank you for your effort) didn't sink in to you who can't have any link from CIC to support what you are claiming.
Do you understand that a nomination certificate from AINP doesn't have any employment restrictions? IT DOESN'T! If yours has, call AINP and ask to issue a new one! Geez

diliprathore

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Doc's Request.
?
Nomination.....
?
IELTS Request
AOR1 Sep27, AOR2Oct17
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
goldbank said:
Wrong. For online BOWP application, you must (very very important) upload your AINP certificate and you can do it under the optional portion under the explanation. That's the way CIC determines if you have any restrictions in your nomination.
There are two entries under the optional portion, explanation and schedule A. You must upload your AINP cert in the explanation, you may choose not to upload the schedule A.
Aside from passport and digital photo you have to upload also your medical result and CIC file number and a validated IMM5710.
Of course there is a checklist for this but before you can go to the checklist you have to answer series of questions first.
I applied for my friend 3 months back n he is bcpnp apllicant n all i upload i s copy of passport n photo and form.
I got bowp after 35 days with one year validity.

liisa227

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
fistillarte said:
Liisa, explain me something.

As we argued before, BOWP can be awarded now to any AINP nominee as long as they have the legend in the certificate saying no restriction of employment, so there's that.

Now, in order to apply to a BOWP you MUST HAVE your AOR already. If you don't have it, you can apply via paper (takes around 90 days right now), and that would give you enough time to get you AOR before they even open you application.

You're suggesting in other posts that if you don't have the AOR yet, then you use your certificate to apply for a closed permit with same employer. My hesitation is (correct me if I'm wrong) that in order to apply for a closed work permit with job offer, you MUST (MANDATORY) have an LMIA, and if you only apply with the job offer only then is not valid. Other thing, when you say apply with job offer plus nomination support, you refer to the same nomination certificate that we have? Or we have to ask for a special letter from AINP office? If so, how do we get it from them?

I applied for PR already, just waiting for my AOR, but my permit expires in a month, and still not sure if to use the paper based app or that closed permit one. (I have a position, so I'm staying with my employer anyway).
I'm obviously not officially trained or licenced in immigration issues, so I can only say what I know from my own experience, what I've heard from my immigration consultant, or what I've gathered from other people's experiences here. I really hope I'm not giving out false information or causing problems to anyone, because that's not my intention in any way.. That said, I hope I can clarify some of your questions.

For BOWP, yes, you do need PR AOR. AOR is what CIC refers to as "positive eligiblity assessment". It says on the BOWP eligibility parameters that a positive eligiblity assessment must be present.

When I received my nomination certificate, I went down to the US border and got a closed 1 year WP (I had been in Canada on a visitor visa for a while, because my previous WP had expired). All I had with me was a written job offer, the email from BCPNP saying I had been nominated, and the support letter from the BCPNP office. I hadn't even received my official nomination certificate in the mail yet at that time. I was charged the $155 WP fee on the spot, and that was it. They didn't care that I didn't have the official certificate, and they didn't ask for a LMIA. I don't know if they were just being super nice to me or what, but that's what happened.

My understanding is, therefore, that a valid nomination certificate (along with the support letter) can indeed be used to get a WP without the need of LMIA, when other WP options aren't necessarily available due to PR AOR not being issued yet.

To answer your question about the support letter - it's a document that the PNP office can issue (at least in BC) that basically asks to override the need of LMIA because the applicant wants/needs to get a new WP faster than what the LMIA route would take. I asked for one when I submitted my PNP application, and it was attached as a PDF in the email that said I had been nominated. The PNP offices should be able to issue one (you can call or email them and ask) as long as the certificate is valid.

Here's a quote from my support letter:

"As Ms. XXX's employer, XXX, is urgently seeking to have her commence work for the company while she awaits the processing of her application for permanent residence, we request that her application for a work permit (to be submitted by the applicant) be processed without the need for Service Canada confirmation."

To clarify, Service Canada is (or at least used to be) the authority that handles and issues LMIA's, which I assume is why the letter mentions it.

So based on my experience, you should be able to get a closed WP without LMIA, if you have a valid certificate (or at least the email saying that you've been nominated and that the official papers will arrive soon), support letter and job offer (and potentially some additional documents depending on your work and general situation, such as proving your status in Canada, required credentials/training etc).

I hope this helps.

glmmoula

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goldbank said:
1 (888) 242-2100
Hi goldbank:
i am confused about the bowp. my nomination does not say any restriction because it was issued on June 2, 2014. i am EDS in AINP. should i apply for bowp or closed work permit?

is it possible for anybody to answer this question kindly please.
thanks

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
glmmoula said:
Hi goldbank:
i am confused about the bowp. my nomination does not say any restriction because it was issued on June 2, 2014. i am EDS in AINP. should i apply for bowp or closed work permit?

is it possible for anybody to answer this question kindly please.
thanks
OMG this question was answered many times on here! Just read through! If your certificate doesn't have a line saying "employment restrictions - No", you have to call AINP and ask to issue an updated version and then apply to CIC (if you haven't done it yet), wait for AOR and then apply for BOWP.

fistillarte

Nov 17, 2014
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015 (Received by CIC)
Doc's Request.
17-08-2015 (RPRF & PCC)
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015 (XEP) 15-05-2015 (EP)
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015 (me) & 01-06-2015 (wife)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
Hahahha.. easy easy... but yes, Call AINP.

By the way, anybody has a phone number or email to contact AINP office? I checked the page yesterday top to bottom and all I found was a fax number.

I'm gonna need to contact them if I need that support letter for the closed work permit.