March 6, 2014
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 3, 2014 received April 2014
LANDED..........
in Canada Sept 2012
Phil89 said:
So, who is immature and not educated? HUH?
And for you Ms or Mr or whatever, stay out of the forum with your
non sense contributions.
Good luck to you.

goldbank

May 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3,2014
Doc's Request.
August 1,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 3, 2014 received April 2014
LANDED..........
in Canada Sept 2012
starla said:
It might help.

2 of my co-workers were given BOWP with their AINP Nomination. I myself was given 1 yr open work permit but informed CIC that I applied for closed. I prefer the 2 yr-work permit than the 1 year BOWP.

Im just not sure if it has changed.
You were refused on your first application of BOWP, right? I think, the reason for your refusal on your first application of BOWP is that you are under employer-driven AINP.
I read about your previous comment on the other thread to justify the consistency of your replies here.

kelbc

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
11xx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP:22-Oct-2013/CIO:11-Apr-2014
Nomination.....
10-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
09-May-2014
Med's Request
09-May-2014
Med's Done....
22-May-2014/Recv'd:30-May-2014
Passport Req..
26-Jan-2015 / DM: 27-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Feb-2015 (PP back 13-Feb-2015)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2015
goldbank said:
And for you Ms or Mr or whatever, stay out of the forum with your
non sense contributions.
Good luck to you.
Honestly, anyone who reads this thread will be armed with enough information to decide for themselves. If in doubt, they can contact PNP office of their province or CIC directly.

For Phil89, he gets a cookie and a gold star for acting like a 4yr old. The point of a forum is to exhange information, experiences and opinions.. Digest the info and decide for yourselves regarding your applications! This is valid for all questions and issues, not just BOWP

harpreet470

Jul 3, 2012
App. Filed.......
08-04-2020
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
14-12-2014
Hello everyone,

I was Alberta nominee too and I got open BOWP. What I understand is that there are two cases:

1) You got AINP and applied PR to CIC, got your PR file number. On the basis of this PR file number, if you apply BOWP, you will get open work permit.

2) You got AINP and applied work permit on the basis of AINP certificate i.e. employer driven, then you will only be approved for closed work permit.

I think it should be clear

p.s. - BOWP (Bridging open work permit) even the name states open work permit.

The work permit you applied on the basis of AINP certificate is not BOWP but just a work permit application and should be closed because you are sponsored by your employer. To be eligible for BOWP, you must have applied for PR to CIC and must have received your file number.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
You guys can think or say whatever you want but the truth is that all AINP certificate holders are entitled to BOWP :) Cheers

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
harpreet470 said:
Hello everyone,

I was Alberta nominee too and I got open BOWP. What I understand is that there are two cases:

1) You got AINP and applied PR to CIC, got your PR file number. On the basis of this PR file number, if you apply BOWP, you will get open work permit.

2) You got AINP and applied work permit on the basis of AINP certificate i.e. employer driven, then you will only be approved for closed work permit.

I think it should be clear

p.s. - BOWP (Bridging open work permit) even the name states open work permit.

The work permit you applied on the basis of AINP certificate is not BOWP but just a work permit application and should be closed because you are sponsored by your employer. To be eligible for BOWP, you must have applied for PR to CIC and must have received your file number.
Yep thats right.

fistillarte

Nov 17, 2014
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015 (Received by CIC)
Doc's Request.
17-08-2015 (RPRF & PCC)
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015 (XEP) 15-05-2015 (EP)
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015 (me) & 01-06-2015 (wife)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
All these fights...

People, whether Phil is being rude or not on how he speaks, it doesn't make him wrong.

Truth is EVERYBODY (yes, even employer driven stream applicants) can apply for a BOWP.

Current AINP certificates (like me) mention employer and noc code, but they also have a new line that reads: "employer restriction: NO". This line was added to make sure that CIC is satisfied that you're NOT tied to that employer.

Now, for AINP certificate holders of the old version (that doesn't have that line), they have to apply for a closed permit or contact the AINP office in order to get an explanation letter.

This is actually simple..

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
fistillarte said:
All these fights...

People, whether Phil is being rude or not on how he speaks, it doesn't make him wrong.

Truth is EVERYBODY (yes, even employer driven stream applicants) can apply for a BOWP.

Current AINP certificates (like me) mention employer and noc code, but they also have a new line that reads: "employer restriction: NO". This line was added to make sure that CIC is satisfied that you're NOT tied to that employer.

Now, for AINP certificate holders of the old version (that doesn't have that line), they have to apply for a closed permit or contact the AINP office in order to get an explanation letter.

This is actually simple..
Thanks! I never comment on issues that I am not aware of. But some people think they know everything..

nessjo

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
25-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
kelbc said:
1. Can you also explain why it is so important for PNP nominees(so us) to get a BOWP instead of a closed work permit? We are bound by our nomination anyway, isn't it more important to maximize the chance of staying in the country while your PR application is processed and not get a refused BOWP where you could potentially put all your efforts for PR at risk(due to implied status, applying late or any other reason)?

2. I feel as though this is a political move on CIC's part to force the hand of provinces when it comes to cutting too much slack for their respective PNP candidates/allowing nominees to circumvent CIC's policies(of course as liisa227 said, unless you are nominated through a PNP stream where you are eligible for a BOWP). It is not without a precedent, there have been other instances where PNP offices and CIC have had different responses to the same questions. If I was at the PNP stage, I would listen to PNP office. But if I am at the CIC processing stage, I will listen to CIC.

3. Just like paying RPRF before it was requested(some applicants expressed that CIC only reminded that their fee was outstanding once they called CIC to get an update on why their application was taking so long), I believe that the final decision-making is done by CIC. Therefore I will be applying for a closed work permit to minimize the possibility of refusal, if I get to that point. But everyone has their own opinion and will follow that of course. Just wanted to share my view on the subject.
Hi guys,

Kelbc - I am a provincial nominee that wish that I could get a BOWP. You are asking why it is so important? For me it is to be able to get promoted! Right now the processing time for BC PNP is 8-9 months, then 3 months for AOR from CIC and then 17 months average application time for inland PR applications. That is almost three years. With a BOWP, I would be very motivated to stay with my employer (that nominated me for BC PNP) and have personal development, promotions, better benefits etc. Because I would not be bound to the NOC or the specific position that I was originally (3 years earlier) nominated for. This is my main reason for wanting BOWP "so bad". If the processing times for PNP, AOR and CIC approvals where back to where they were a couple of years ago, no problem, but as it looks now... Well, at least I would want to be able to excel in my career during the three years it takes to get PR these days.

Just my 2 cents, I understand what you are saying as well but wanted to give you a different perspective on the situation!

liisa227

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
mintx said:
I don't understand how you reached your conclusion of Your own link says
Here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bowp-rejectedplease-helpurgent-t265585.0.html;msg3930736#msg3930736 there's information about AINP office issuing nomination letters for employer-driven (it's employer, not employment) streams with no restrictions.
Yes I'm aware that AINP has specific eligibility rules in their streams. But I'm still saying that CIC won't grant a BOWP to nominees anymore when a strict employment restriction exists. AINP certificates (based on the information gathered here, not through personal experience) don't seem to contain an employment restriction, so theirs is a different case. The person in your linked post got his/her BOWP application rejected at CIC because the certificate was an old version that had an employment restriction printed on it. With a new version that doesn't contain employment restrictions, according to the AINP office he/she should be able to get a BOWP. Which all makes sense.

When I quote "...and there is no indication that employment restrictions exist as conditions of the nomination", that's exactly what I mean. If a nominee's application is, like I said, tied to a specific occupation with a specific employer, then they won't get a BOWP anymore - they're not allowed to change jobs anyway so why would CIC be giving them open work permits? They don't have the resources to check up on each BOWP holder to make sure they're not "misusing" their permits, so it's a lot easier for them to just not grant them in the first place.

The same thing basically applies to the entire PR process. If someone with a strict employment restriction loses/changes their jobs in the middle of PR processing, then both their nomination and the PR case will become invalidated (at least if the PNP office/CIC finds out). AINP nominees or at least some of them are not included in this category, apparently.

I should have made it more clear that when I say "employment-driven streams" I do mean the streams where the PR eligiblity is based on specific employment that the applicant can't alter or change without jeopardizing the whole process. Different provinces and streams obviously have different rules.

fistillarte

Nov 17, 2014
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
17-08-2015 (RPRF & PCC)
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
Liisa, explain me something.

As we argued before, BOWP can be awarded now to any AINP nominee as long as they have the legend in the certificate saying no restriction of employment, so there's that.

Now, in order to apply to a BOWP you MUST HAVE your AOR already. If you don't have it, you can apply via paper (takes around 90 days right now), and that would give you enough time to get you AOR before they even open you application.

You're suggesting in other posts that if you don't have the AOR yet, then you use your certificate to apply for a closed permit with same employer. My hesitation is (correct me if I'm wrong) that in order to apply for a closed work permit with job offer, you MUST (MANDATORY) have an LMIA, and if you only apply with the job offer only then is not valid. Other thing, when you say apply with job offer plus nomination support, you refer to the same nomination certificate that we have? Or we have to ask for a special letter from AINP office? If so, how do we get it from them?

I applied for PR already, just waiting for my AOR, but my permit expires in a month, and still not sure if to use the paper based app or that closed permit one. (I have a position, so I'm staying with my employer anyway).

gopsgrg

Aug 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
14-04-2015 (rprf fee,police report,shcedule background)
AOR Received.
15-09-2014
Med's Request
15-09-2014
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
29-june-2015
LANDED..........
inland
as far as i know any pnp applicants with the pnp certificate which is issued after after sep 2014 dont have problem applying for open workpermit,but before sep 2014 pnp certificate doesnot indicate no restriction so cic is giving close workpermit.i have AOR did medical applied for BOWP on 21st dec 2014 and waiting for response.btw if your workpermit is almost expiring then i would suggest you to take your pnp certificate and go to boarder m sure it will be fast on the spot you will either get one of the permits,after worpermit expires no one knows there might be some trouble renewing it.all the best

fistillarte

Nov 17, 2014
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
17-08-2015 (RPRF & PCC)
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
I'll probably need to do the application online as I also will be issuing a permit for my wife (who is currently on study permit). I know about the certificates and I qualify for the BOWP, as long as I have the AOR (which I don't yet). That's why I might apply for the closed one, I'm just not entirely sure about how that works, as I was under the impression that they were going to demand an LMIA for a closed one.

I just read on the AINP FAQ that your nomination can work as the "LMIA", but they don't go too deep explaining that.

diliprathore

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Doc's Request.
?
Nomination.....
?
IELTS Request
AOR1 Sep27, AOR2Oct17
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
When you apply ONLINE for BOWP all you need to upload is your passport copy and photo.
So there is no way you can upload you pnp certificate.

fistillarte

Nov 17, 2014
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
17-08-2015 (RPRF & PCC)
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
AOR Received.