+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Rejected.....Please Help.....Urgent

Jan 13, 2015
December2013 said:
Provincial nominees are no longer eligible for a BOWP. You must maintain the conditions of your nomination. The PNP can provide you with a work permit support letter to extend your work permit. The job offer must be the same job for which you were originally nominated, unless the PNP approved a revision. You will not receive an open work permit. Your work permit will be closed until you are granted PR.
Where did you get this information from?

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
December2013 said:
Provincial nominees are no longer eligible for a BOWP. You must maintain the conditions of your nomination. The PNP can provide you with a work permit support letter to extend your work permit. The job offer must be the same job for which you were originally nominated, unless the PNP approved a revision. You will not receive an open work permit. Your work permit will be closed until you are granted PR.
Well, guys, don't listen to this crap, cause he/she doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

ksiusha

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
December2013 said:
Can you please provide with a link supporting your post? Thanks

liisa227

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-08-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
27-08-2014
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Phil89 said:
Well, guys, don't listen to this crap, cause he/she doesn't know what he/she is talking about.
Well it's not entirely inaccurate..!

PNP nominees in employment-driven streams (i.e. their PR application is tied to a specific occupation with a specific employer) are NOT eligible for BOWP. They used to be, but not anymore. The terms were changed in August 2014 so that nominees in these streams can only get a closed WP, or essentially just an extension of their current WP. This is because if you don't fulfill the conditions of your nomination anymore (e.g. by changing jobs altogether, or changing occupation within the same employer) then your nomination is invalid, and so's your PR application. So there's no point for CIC to grant a BOWP for PR applicants that can't change employers anyway (like I said, they used to allow this, but the rules got changed).

But there are other PNP streams where nominees ARE eligible for BOWP, as long as their PR application is not tied to a specific employer (which would be considered an employment restriction). So apart from this point, everything December2013 says is 100% true.

Here's the CIC bulletin: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp. Check out section "Eligibility parameters".

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
liisa227 said:
Well it's not entirely inaccurate..!

PNP nominees in employment-driven streams (i.e. their PR application is tied to a specific occupation with a specific employer) are NOT eligible for BOWP. They used to be, but not anymore. The terms were changed in August 2014 so that nominees in these streams can only get a closed WP, or essentially just an extension of their current WP. This is because if you don't fulfill the conditions of your nomination anymore (e.g. by changing jobs altogether, or changing occupation within the same employer) then your nomination is invalid, and so's your PR application. So there's no point for CIC to grant a BOWP for PR applicants that can't change employers anyway (like I said, they used to allow this, but the rules got changed).

But there are other PNP streams where nominees ARE eligible for BOWP, as long as their PR application is not tied to a specific employer (which would be considered an employment restriction). So apart from this point, everything December2013 says is 100% true.

Here's the CIC bulletin: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp. Check out section "Eligibility parameters".
I think it was already discussed many, many time on this forum. I will repeat myself - all AINP certificate holders are eligible for BOWP. Period.

kelbc

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
11xx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP:22-Oct-2013/CIO:11-Apr-2014
Nomination.....
10-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
09-May-2014
Med's Request
09-May-2014
Med's Done....
22-May-2014/Recv'd:30-May-2014
Passport Req..
26-Jan-2015 / DM: 27-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Feb-2015 (PP back 13-Feb-2015)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2015
Phil89 said:
I think it was already discussed many, many time on this forum. I will repeat myself - all AINP certificate holders are eligible for BOWP. Period.
1. Can you also explain why it is so important for PNP nominees(so us) to get a BOWP instead of a closed work permit? We are bound by our nomination anyway, isn't it more important to maximize the chance of staying in the country while your PR application is processed and not get a refused BOWP where you could potentially put all your efforts for PR at risk(due to implied status, applying late or any other reason)?

2. I feel as though this is a political move on CIC's part to force the hand of provinces when it comes to cutting too much slack for their respective PNP candidates/allowing nominees to circumvent CIC's policies(of course as liisa227 said, unless you are nominated through a PNP stream where you are eligible for a BOWP). It is not without a precedent, there have been other instances where PNP offices and CIC have had different responses to the same questions. If I was at the PNP stage, I would listen to PNP office. But if I am at the CIC processing stage, I will listen to CIC.

3. Just like paying RPRF before it was requested(some applicants expressed that CIC only reminded that their fee was outstanding once they called CIC to get an update on why their application was taking so long), I believe that the final decision-making is done by CIC. Therefore I will be applying for a closed work permit to minimize the possibility of refusal, if I get to that point. But everyone has their own opinion and will follow that of course. Just wanted to share my view on the subject.

maplelove

Jun 11, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013 send, received by AINP 11-11-2013
Nomination.....
January 13,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 2, 2014
Interview........
in process: August 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 7, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2014
Phil89 said:
You are entirely wrong. Period.
All AINP nominees under employer-driven stream doesn't have a right to have BOWP, only work permit extension tied to the employer whom you applied together with to get your AINP certificate thus, it is a closed work permit.
While those AINP nominees under Strategic Recruitment Stream-Alberta Work Experience can have BOWP.
You read your AINP certificate, for AWE, it says there is no job offer.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
maplelove said:
All AINP nominees under employer-driven stream doesn't have a right to have BOWP, only work permit extension tied to the employer whom you applied together with to get your AINP certificate thus, it is a closed work permit.
While those AINP nominees under Strategic Stream-Alberta Work Experience can have BOWP.
Ya, ya whatever :p Call AINP office if you care

maplelove

Jun 11, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
January 13,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 2, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
Nov. 7, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2014
Phil89 said:
Ya, ya whatever :p Call AINP office if you care
You are one immature member here. Don't mislead readers.
Speak or contribute only when you are educated with the rules and are certain or else please stand corrected.
You are the one who should call AINP office as you are misinformed and make yourself cleared.

starla

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It might help.

2 of my co-workers were given BOWP with their AINP Nomination. I myself was given 1 yr open work permit but informed CIC that I applied for closed. I prefer the 2 yr-work permit than the 1 year BOWP.

Im just not sure if it has changed.

maplelove

Jun 11, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
January 13,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 2, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
Nov. 7, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2014
starla said:
It might help.

2 of my co-workers were given BOWP with their AINP Nomination. I myself was given 1 yr open work permit but informed CIC that I applied for closed. I prefer the 2 yr-work permit than the 1 year BOWP.

Im just not sure if it has changed.
Please specify under what stream of AINP you obtained your nomination to make it more specific and for the information of all readers.
Thank you.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
maplelove said:
You are one immature member here. Don't mislead readers.
Speak or contribute only when you are educated with the rules and are certain or else please stand corrected.
You are the one who should call AINP office as you are misinformed and make yourself cleared.
I don't care what you think.

starla

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maplelove said:
Please specify under what stream of AINP you obtained your nomination to make it more specific and for the information of all readers.
Thank you.
AINP Employer Driven-skilled worker category.

Bowp application submitted- October 2014.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
maplelove said:
While those AINP nominees under Strategic Recruitment Stream-Alberta Work Experience can have BOWP.
So, who is immature and not educated? HUH?

goldbank

May 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 3,2014
Doc's Request.
August 1,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 3, 2014 received April 2014
LANDED..........
in Canada Sept 2012
starla said:
AINP Employer Driven-skilled worker category.

Bowp application submitted- October 2014.
I don't think that's true. My 2 co-workers who are under skilled employer-driven applied for BOWP but got denied because of the restriction written on the upper right hand of their AINP certificate. It was pointed out on the refusal letter that they can't apply for open work permit because their nomination is tied to that soecific employer.They applied again for the extension and with job offer from our employer and they got the closed work permit.
I got my BOWP because I am under Alberta Work Experience.
That explains it.