+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

mshergill

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
mdeep83 said:
I believe GCMS notes arrive in 30 days or so...you can definitely apply for it. However, you need not wait for R10 completeness to apply for BOWP. My suggestion is that you can wait and see if you get PR approval itself for some more time....just my suggestion...you can take a call.
Thanks once again.

Apoorv

Dec 20, 2012
Need Assistance -

I am applying for BOWP for myself and my Spouse.

PNP - Inland (Ontario) - AOR on 29th November.
Medical - passed / Eligibility - Met / Criminal - Passes

My PGWP expires on 16th June 2017.

When I filled in the details for my BOWP, it gave me an option for Restoring the status for my Spouse and it is charging $200 for the fees on top of Work permit fees.

I am not sure if I have to Yes to Restoring the Status or not.

zainy89

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2017
You will only apply for restoration if the work permit of your's or spouse is expired if you are applying for BOWP before the date of expiry of your current work permit then you don't need to apply for restoration.

Apoorv

Dec 20, 2012
zainy89 said:
You will only apply for restoration if the work permit of your's or spouse is expired if you are applying for BOWP before the date of expiry of your current work permit then you don't need to apply for restoration.
Thank you. Really appreciate your help.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
mshergill said:
Hi Everyone,

My WP is expiring on June 22,2017. I am planing to apply to apply for BOWP in mid May.
Already submitted by PR application. AOR date 22 Jan 2017 (PNP Inland).
Current status of application - Medical Passed, BG in process

What my are chances to get BOWP my application approved?

Thank you in advance.
I would not suggest waiting till may. BOWP can take up to 3 months depending where the PR application is standing.

You don't want to be in a situation where your current WP has expired and you are on "implied status". Although, it doesnt matter much but it can become a bit stressful.

zainy89

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2017
You are very welcome

Apoorv said:
Thank you. Really appreciate your help.

zainy89

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2017
Hello Folks,

I was reading one of the posts under this thread where someone mentioned about the question 2c under Background Information on form IMM5710E asking for If we have previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? And the answer for this question is suppose to be "YES" by providing the details of our study permit and PGWP and myself I checked that option as "NO" now I am all paranoid that they might refuse my BOWP application can someone please share their experience in comments greatly appreciated.

Zainy

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
zainy89 said:
Hello Folks,

I was reading one of the posts under this thread where someone mentioned about the question 2c under Background Information on form IMM5710E asking for If we have previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? And the answer for this question is suppose to be "YES" by providing the details of our study permit and PGWP and myself I checked that option as "NO" now I am all paranoid that they might refuse my BOWP application can someone please share their experience in comments greatly appreciated.

Zainy
You can try and email them and update on the mistake.

Don't worry, I don't think it is too big of a factor to have your application refused. IA you'll get it without any hassle :)

zainy89

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Nomination.....
11-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2017
Thanks very much for the prompt reply hassan do you know what will be the email address to contact them?

Zainy

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
zainy89 said:
Thanks very much for the prompt reply hassan do you know what will be the email address to contact them?

Zainy
No problem. You can call them at 1-888-242-2100 and discuss your query and ask them the best possible way to contact CIC regarding your application.

LBP24

Dec 17, 2014
Hello,

My PGWP is expiring in May and and I need to do BOWP ASAP. Received AOR under Express Entry CEC application. However when I complete the Eligibility, last question is if I have an LMIA and my answer is no. Therefore it won't let me apply online. Has anyone been able to apply online or will I have to send the application by paper??

Thanksss

kagopala

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I would like to know whether i am eligible to apply for BOWP with ITA alone?. I don't have the AOR in my hand.
I am not sure whether i will receive AOR becos, my wife's medicals are partly done except the x-rays on hold for her pregnancy until due date Nov 2017.
My Employer specific work permit expires in 1st June 2017..
Any inputs on my case is really appreciated.

Q1: is the Eapplication number(E000XXXXX) is good enough for submitting the BOWP ? This confirmation letter , i got it on the next day after submitting all the required documents stating:

This letter confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada was received by Immigration,
Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) through your account on .
We created a file for your application. The application number is located in the upper right-hand corner of this
letter. You must quote this application number each time you contact us.

Bridging open work permit
If you are currently working in Canada on a work permit that is about to expire, and you meet all other
requirements, you may use this letter to apply for a bridging open work permit.

Q2:What will be my R10 completeness check status , since my wife x-rays are not done due to her pregnancy. We have included the doctor supporting letter and the explanation letter. will this help?

Q3: If i apply BOWP ? will the application stays on HOLD until my wife's pregnancy is done? or will it get rejected?

any ideas / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
LBP24 said:
Hello,

My PGWP is expiring in May and and I need to do BOWP ASAP. Received AOR under Express Entry CEC application. However when I complete the Eligibility, last question is if I have an LMIA and my answer is no. Therefore it won't let me apply online. Has anyone been able to apply online or will I have to send the application by paper??

Thanksss
A LMIA is not required to apply for the BOWP.