+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

ganges

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Hello everyone,

Can anyone help me in my case and advise?

I am in Canada and have closed work permit. Also, I have applied for PR(under CEC category) and have received the application no. I am in a weird scenario wherein my employer will ask me to leave the company if I switch from closed WP to Open WP.
But as my current closed WP is due for expiry in May 2015, I want to apply for BOWP now and look for other opportunities

My questions are:
a) Is it better to apply Online or on Paper.
b) How much time will it approximately take for the BOWP to get processed?
c) Is there a chance of CIC rejecting my BOWP application(assuming that I have filled up the application correctly)
d) What will happen my company applies for an extension of closed WP after I apply for BOWP?
Is it possible that both will get approved?
If so, does it mean that I can use any of the WP as per my convenience?
e) I believe there are two stages in BOWP.
First Stage: CIC will approve and I can see it online.
2nd Stage: I will receive the physical copy of the WP.
Can I start working for any company as soon as I clear the first stage?

Thanks & Regards

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
08-2015 :)
Applied on DEC 10, got approved yesterday, Myself and my spouse.

srihari ram

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Done....
04-08-2016(Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
Hi,
i have AOR and my employer is applying for WP extension and i guess CIC will issue Open Work permit as PR is in process. My employer will give their adress as mailing address and they will receive WP. If i want to receive WP copy, is it possible to change mailing address when WP Extension is in process?

b.h.a.b.e.s

Star Member
Mar 27, 2010
im freaking out as our work permit is expiring in 7 days . i called Cic and said just continue working and wait for the result ,, here is my situation
applied for CEC june 2014
received my AOR Aug 2014
applied for bridging open work permit for me, my spouse and 22 yrs old ( lock in age ) Sept 2014
up to present time dont have my BOWP and CIC told me to continue working and wait for decision but the time that would come our work
permit expires

Questions
what kind of visa shud i apply while waiting
shud my son stop working

Windmill

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Because you applied for bowp already you'll be under implied status until you receive your bowp so you can continue working without any problem

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Since u applied for paper based i assume thats why its taking time.. but again it has taken too long.. i applied paper based BOWP on 19 oct-14 and got my bowp on 27 oct-14.. so it should have delayed so much.. i recommend apply online for everyone again on the safe side.. once first one is approved the second application will be cancelled and fee refunded.. i would probably ask u to do this as its safer way.

yeegeez

Apr 24, 2014
Hi I submitted my BOWP application in late Dec and my current work permit will expire tomorrow. I just realized they need all stamped pages of my passport but I sent the biodata page and the page with my current work permit only. I do also have an explanation letter and AOR as supporting documents in my application. I am a bit worried now since those pages were not included in my application. Should I create a new application to include all stamped pages in my new application just in case they will reject my application because the stamped pages were missing?
Can anyone please answer my concern? Thanks!

sumg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Aug-2014
Nomination.....
08-Dec-2014
Med's Request
17-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
23-Mar-2015; Meds Received: 31-Mar-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
yeegeez said:
Hi I submitted my BOWP application in late Dec and my current work permit will expire tomorrow. I just realized they need all stamped pages of my passport but I sent the biodata page and the page with my current work permit only. I do also have an explanation letter and AOR as supporting documents in my application. I am a bit worried now since those pages were not included in my application. Should I create a new application to include all stamped pages in my new application just in case they will reject my application because the stamped pages were missing?
Can anyone please answer my concern? Thanks!
@yeegeez - you do not need all stamped pages of pport for bowp. If they need it, they will ask you and will not reject the application due to this reason.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
so m i a lil confused , on cic website it says bowp paper application they are working on oct 26 applications right now, n the total time is 76 days right now for paper applciation times. n currently they are working on oct 28 application. so its ben already 25 days for my application n my app was recevied on nov 27 so how will they jump up to nov 27 applciation if they are working on oct 28 applictions now n total time is 76 days :S

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
maria_786 said:
so m i a lil confused , on cic website it says bowp paper application they are working on oct 26 applications right now, n the total time is 76 days right now for paper applciation times. n currently they are working on oct 28 application. so its ben already 25 days for my application n my app was recevied on nov 27 so how will they jump up to nov 27 applciation if they are working on oct 28 applictions now n total time is 76 days :S
Dont fret over it.. the dates are never precise.. relax and sit back.. hopefully u will get your BOWP

sumg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Aug-2014
Nomination.....
08-Dec-2014
Med's Request
17-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
23-Mar-2015; Meds Received: 31-Mar-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
How long after the online approval, does it take to receive the physical copy of the work permit?