+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

CEC_DEC_27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Hi Everybody,

I have applied for my PR and got my AOR. I have included my wife in the application when i applied my PR and she has got an Open work permit. Now i am applying Bridge open work and there is a question below. Can you please tell me if i have to answer Yes or No for this question

Are you are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.

Thanks

rabi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
CEC_DEC_27 said:
Hi Everybody,

I have applied for my PR and got my AOR. I have included my wife in the application when i applied my PR and she has got an Open work permit. Now i am applying Bridge open work and there is a question below. Can you please tell me if i have to answer Yes or No for this question

Are you are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.

Thanks

I filled yes

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Hello Guys

Anybody received multiple entry visa recently ? I applied on 06 Jan still waiting for their response it is 14 day process I believe.

Excited

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-07-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
RPRF request from CIC : 03 Mar 16
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2016
LANDED..........
3rd week Apr
Hi,

Am an October applicant for PR still waiting for my AOR.

I am in the process of applying for my WP which is due to expire this month end. Myself and my family have been in Canada for the past 2 yrs (which meets the 1st criteria) but we have not stayed in any of the designated Countries for more than six months (does not meet the 2nd criteria). So let me know if i need to choose Yes or No for the below question (my guess is NO only but wanted to reconfirm)

"Is your family member staying in Canada for more than 6 months AND has lived in one or more designated countries or territories for more than six months in the last year? Your family member's stay starts on the day they entered Canada and ends on the day they want to leave Canada"

rabi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Excited said:
Hi,

Am an October applicant for PR still waiting for my AOR.

I am in the process of applying for my WP which is due to expire this month end. Myself and my family have been in Canada for the past 2 yrs (which meets the 1st criteria) but we have not stayed in any of the designated Countries for more than six months (does not meet the 2nd criteria). So let me know if i need to choose Yes or No for the below question (my guess is NO only but wanted to reconfirm)

"Is your family member staying in Canada for more than 6 months AND has lived in one or more designated countries or territories for more than six months in the last year? Your family member's stay starts on the day they entered Canada and ends on the day they want to leave Canada"
Select No

Excited

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-07-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
RPRF request from CIC : 03 Mar 16
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2016
LANDED..........
3rd week Apr

waqas11

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4162, 2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
05-Mar-2014
Med's Request
17-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
13-Apr-2015
LANDED..........
02-May-2015
Guys, is it possible if we can apply for BOWP and then leave Canada? When you will be coming back to Canada, could there be any issues in that case?

Please guide.

Thanks

freefaller

Star Member
Aug 5, 2013
Dear all,

I would appreciate if someone answer few questions regarding BOWP online application for me and my wife...

1. 3rd question in the form IMM5710E "I am applying for one or more of the following... " which of the four should I choose ? my situation:- with the same employer for past 4 years, before with LMO, now without any LMO since I had my first BOWP in April 2014 (expiring in april 2015). Should I chose "A work permit with the same employer" ? or "restoration of your status as a worker" ?... or both ? I also have an employment verification letter from my boss, do i need to upload it ? if yes... I don't see any option to upload it anywhere, and what should I choose for my wife in the same question in her form IMM5710E ? she is unemployed by choice right now, worked for 10 months & also has an employment verification letter stating that "she has an option to join work" and again do i need to upload her employment verification letter ? if yes then where ?

2. in the employment section of my wife's form IMM5710E, since she is currently unemployed. What should I mention in the 1st column ?
can i mention in "from" & "to" column the "time since she has been unemployed" & "time till current BOWP is valid" respectively ? and can i write "Unemployed/ Self study for Pharmacy Exam" under "current activity/occupation" ? if not then please suggest me because I don't think once can leave it blank because it would not be validated.

3. in the background information section question 2c "have you previously applied to enter or remain in canada ?" since I have applied for 4 work permits, 3 PR applications(1st refused due to lack of documents, 2nd returned due to lack of documents, 3rd accepted & under process) and 1 BOWP in the past and my wife has applied for 1 SPOWP, 1 PR application (where I am the primary applicant) and 1 BOWP in past, shouldn't the answer be yes ? if yes then should I mention all these permits and PR applications in the details section ?

4. Since I dont have much time left for my BOWP to expire i.e. april 7th 2015, is it too late to apply online ?

m not sure on how to go about completing the application without any errors so I am really worried if i am gona finish it on time.

is there anyone who has applied online for a BOWP for the second time with spouse ?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & regards.

Ruyodono

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Hey guys so im doing a final check of stuff i need to apply since its over 70 days on paper now for the bowp i was wondering if there is anything else i need besides all marked pages of my passport the Imm5710E and the checklist and explanation cover letter mentioning operational bulletin 485 some one told me before i do not need pictures to apply on paper am i missing any thing else ?

rabi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
mesumrizvi said:
Applied for BOWP extension on 7th Dec and it now shows online that the application has been approved :)
Yesterday, i receive mail from CIC that my application has been update but when i am login to my account nothing has been updated.
Is this normal ?

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
It depends.. if u have a valid travel visa which allows yo re-entry into Canada then yes i guess you can travel. mostly i have notice dthat travel visa expires a day before work permit.. so if your wp has expired while your BOWP is in process, i assume in many cases travel visa has also expired. thus the applicant is not authorize to re-enter Canada..

So i believe as long as u hv valid travel visa u should be fine..

waqas11 said:
Guys, is it possible if we can apply for BOWP and then leave Canada? When you will be coming back to Canada, could there be any issues in that case?

Please guide.

Thanks

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
I had sam issue.. its normal.. may be there are no message but the application status is updated

rabi123 said:
Yesterday, i receive mail from CIC that my application has been update but when i am login to my account nothing has been updated.
Is this normal ?

waqas11

Oct 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4162, 2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2014