+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Blue-Collar & Low-Wages Jobs in Canada?

LoneEarthling

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Hi!

Several websites, newspaper ads and even Facebook pages (like this one) often advertise some (usually) not-very-interesting, unskilled & under-paid jobs in Canada.
Jobs like Factory Workers, Farm Workers, Cashiers, Call Center Agents, Logistic Workers etc.
Jobs that really don't demand much skills except the ability to move and lift weight etc.

What's the legitimacy of these job ads? Are they just to get attention or are for real?
What's the catch? Why aren't they filled quickly because non-degree holders should be tempted by these?

One thing I have noticed is that these positions are usually not based in the major cities or hubs like Vancouver or Toronto. Instead in Alberta or New Brunswick etc.

Check the attached Facebook page and share if anyone of you can manage to find any legitimate offer.
Frankly I don't mind working for UPS Couriers or as a baggage handler at an Airport if it pays me enough to buy food and watch TV. :)

Looking Forward.
Thanks for reading.

Regards,
LoneEarthling

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi!

Several websites, newspaper ads and even Facebook pages (like this one) often advertise some (usually) not-very-interesting, unskilled & under-paid jobs in Canada.
Jobs like Factory Workers, Farm Workers, Cashiers, Call Center Agents, Logistic Workers etc.
Jobs that really don't demand much skills except the ability to move and lift weight etc.

What's the legitimacy of these job ads? Are they just to get attention or are for real?
What's the catch? Why aren't they filled quickly because non-degree holders should be tempted by these?

One thing I have noticed is that these positions are usually not based in the major cities or hubs like Vancouver or Toronto. Instead in Alberta or New Brunswick etc.

Check the attached Facebook page and share if anyone of you can manage to find any legitimate offer.
Frankly I don't mind working for UPS Couriers or as a baggage handler at an Airport if it pays me enough to buy food and watch TV. :)

Looking Forward.
Thanks for reading.

Regards,
LoneEarthling
1. Probably 99.9% are scams. If they ask you for money, then it is a 100% scam.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Yeah, I guess it is definitely a scam.
However, I wonder how to really get hired for those sort of jobs.
Apply either in person or phone them directly or use a recruitment agent that does not charge an applicant as with the one you refer to who ask for an applicant fee upfront. Recruitment agents generally get commision from an employer not the future employee, not saying the one you refer to does not find people work no way to know without I guess parting with cash.

LoneEarthling

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Apply either in person or phone them directly or use a recruitment agent that does not charge an applicant as with the one you refer to who ask for an applicant fee upfront. Recruitment agents generally get commision from an employer not the future employee, not saying the one you refer to does not find people work no way to know without I guess parting with cash.
Nah, I guess that one is quite probably a scam.
Where can I look for agents anyways, I mean the kind that gets commissioned by the employer?

Is it a good idea to fly to Canada and apply in-person as an non-Canadian? I mean, I am still a foreigner and they will still have to file an LMIA. Which I hear they want to avoid altogether.

Everyone thinks Canada is immigration friendly, but it's certainly not newbie friendly and is too bureaucratic. I don't mind working on a farm, picking mushrooms, watering the fields, or working as a baggage handler for UPS or whatever; if any of this helps me immigrate. But they just don't offer these sort of jobs.
I even have a great interest for gardening. Would love to one day have a personal farm.:(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Nah, I guess that one is quite probably a scam.
Where can I look for agents anyways, I mean the kind that gets commissioned by the employer?
Agencies (real, reputable agencies) almost always only deal with individuals who are already authorized to work in Canada (like PRs and citizens).

Your best bet is to apply for jobs with employers directly (e.g. through their web sites). Avoid agents. Good agents won't be interested in working with you since you aren't authorized to work in Canada. Bad agents will take your money and give you nothing in return.

LoneEarthling

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Agencies (real, reputable agencies) almost always only deal with individuals who are already authorized to work in Canada (like PRs and citizens).

Your best bet is to apply for jobs with employers directly (e.g. through their web sites). Avoid agents. Good agents won't be interested in working with you since you aren't authorized to work in Canada. Bad agents will take your money and give you nothing in return.

Thanks. But I am just going to give up. It's never really going to work.