+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificates for all family members?

Template

Sep 12, 2016
It says to provide a birth certificate for myself and all family members, whether they are coming to Canada or not. So, like, my entire family? I don't have a relationship with my father, am I expected to go find him and get his birth certificate? Even though there's no chance of him visiting me?

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
It says to provide a birth certificate for myself and all family members, whether they are coming to Canada or not. So, like, my entire family? I don't have a relationship with my father, am I expected to go find him and get his birth certificate? Even though there's no chance of him visiting me?
You should read the guide, it tells you what they mean by family members. The glossary says this: It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children. Not father, not siblings, uncles nor aunts, no grandparents.

Reactions: Template

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Definition of Family Member

Family members
An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to CIC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

Glossary here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp

Hope that helps

Reactions: Template

jugni88

Jul 20, 2017
I actually called CIC for the same question as it is confusing to me and they told me to attach a copy of the birth certificates for the parents as well. When asked they won't be accompanying my husband, they replied it is for the future if they plan to visit him.

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
I actually called CIC for the same question as it is confusing to me and they told me to attach a copy of the birth certificates for the parents as well. When asked they won't be accompanying my husband, they replied it is for the future if they plan to visit him.
That's nonsense, you've been bamboozled. You don't provide birth certificates for the PA's parents under the spousal sponsorship.

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
That's nonsense, you've been bamboozled. You don't provide birth certificates for the PA's parents under the spousal sponsorship.
1. Well, how about my (Sponsor's) adult (29 years old) married son ( already Canadian citizen) from previous marriage, which is still a stepson for my wife (Principal Applicant)? Do we have to provide his BC?
2. I already prepared a photocopy of Canadian Citizenship Card for our common son (another little one) in the Supporting Documents for Sponsor , #3. Do we have to provide his BC in the Supporting Documents for Sponsored Persons as well?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1. Well, how about my (Sponsor's) adult (29 years old) married son ( already Canadian citizen) from previous marriage, which is still a stepson for my wife (Principal Applicant)? Do we have to provide his BC?
2. I already prepared a photocopy of Canadian Citizenship Card for our common son (another little one) in the Supporting Documents for Sponsor , #3. Do we have to provide his BC in the Supporting Documents for Sponsored Persons as well?
You only need to provide your wife's birth certificate.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Hi, may I ask you, did you provide birth certificates for any of your children (already Canadian citizens) with your application? I did include my step son (Canadian citizen born in Canada to a Canadian citizen father) and his details in the 5406 form however we didn’t submit his birth certificate with our application. Now I’m a bit worried as we still haven’t heard nothing from CIC. I’m wondering if it was required to submit his birth certificate too even though he’s not being sponsored.

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Hi, may I ask you, did you provide birth certificates for any of your children (already Canadian citizens) with your application? I did include my step son (Canadian citizen born in Canada to a Canadian citizen father) and his details in the 5406 form however we didn’t submit his birth certificate with our application. Now I’m a bit worried as we still haven’t heard nothing from CIC. I’m wondering if it was required to submit his birth certificate too even though he’s not being sponsored.
My case is different, since PA's step-son ( and Sponsor's son) is over 21 and married and Canadian Citizen, which was reflected in IMM5406. No, we did not provide his BC. We provided BC and Citizenship Card only for our minor common son, who is not on application.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
My case is different, since PA's step-son ( and Sponsor's son) is over 21 and married and Canadian Citizen, which was reflected in IMM5406. No, we did not provide his BC. We provided BC and Citizenship Card only for our minor common son, who is not on application.
Thank you...my husband’s (sponsor) son is also a Canadian citizen born in Canada and we did reflect it in 5406 and to my understanding they only asked for birth certificates of persons being sponsored but now I’m not sure if we had to include his BC too. Ohh I’m really worried...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you...my husband’s (sponsor) son is also a Canadian citizen born in Canada and we did reflect it in 5406 and to my understanding they only asked for birth certificates of persons being sponsored but now I’m not sure if we had to include his BC too. Ohh I’m really worried...
You did not need to include your step-son's birth certificate.

Reactions: Ukrainian girl

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
You did not need to include your step-son's birth certificate.
Thank you! I thought so too because to my understanding as that section was called “Supporting documents for the sponsored persons” and my step son is not elegible for being sponsored since he is already a Canadian by birth then I didn’t need to include his birth certificate but just got a bit worried after reading all those CIC definitions of family members and my mind started playing tricks on me....But thank you for reply!