+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics for new PR CEC application post June 14th, 2023

Nov 24, 2022
Hello,

I received ITA on 28th June and submitted my PR application under CEC category on 8th of July.

On June 14th, there was a policy released by IRCC mandating everyone to submit the biometrics irrespective whether someone gave them in the past 10 years or not.

However, in the application I filled, there was a question asking whether I had given biometrics in the past 10 years for any application to come to Canada.

I have given the biometrics in 2021 before coming to Canada and they are valid till 2031, so I marked YES.

When I submitted the application, the biometric fees ($85) was not included and I didn't receive any message to provide biometrics.

I am feeling little lost here since this is a new policy and not sure how to provide biometrics.

Also, my IELTS is expiring on 23rd of July. Not sure if the IELTS score gets locked at the time of application submission or when the biometrics are given.

Can someone please provide some guidance?

thefirstyeet

Jul 5, 2023
The systems may not have been updated yet to meet the new policy. If they need new biometrics from you they will send you the instructions for it.

I have read other forums that your language test results only need to be valid up to the date you apply, they may or may not ask you for another language test as they process your application.

Nov 24, 2022
The systems may not have been updated yet to meet the new policy. If they need new biometrics from you they will send you the instructions for it.

I have read other forums that your language test results only need to be valid up to the date you apply, they may or may not ask you for another language test as they process your application.
Thanks for your reply. Lets hope they won’t outright reject if the ielts results are considered after biometrics.

Paul2023

Jun 13, 2023
I also submitted my cec application post June 14 and the system did not ask me to pay for the new biometrics. Let's see if they ask later to pay or not. Please share the updates if you receive anything.

bhargavvijay

Nov 10, 2023
Hello , I got the letter from IRCC for biometrics 11/09.
I made the payment. But do actually need to go for biometrics or is the payment enough ?
The letter states this ... so not clear

At this time in regards to biometrics collection, you must only pay the biometric fee and subsequently submit/upload the scanned copy of the payment receipt

Nov 24, 2022
I made the payment. But do actually need to go for biometrics or is the payment enough ?

At this time in regards to biometrics collection, you must only pay the biometric fee and subsequently submit/upload the scanned copy of the payment receipt
You will receive another letter (BIL) in a couple of days after you made the payment. Post that, you need to book an appointment at Service Canada (if you’re inland) and provide biometrics

Reactions: bhargavvijay

Enkay34

Jun 23, 2023

Have you received a request now for you to go for your biometrics?