Biologists & related Scientists (NOC 2121) connect & share your experience here

SABU79

Champion Member
Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,
I have applied under NOC 2121 in Aug'2011. I am still waiting for the feedback. Here, I wanted to share something with you all. I did BSc in Agriculture and MSc in Food Bioscience. I have two years work experience as a Research Scientist. Will my application be ok for NOC 2121? Please respond. Here is my reference letter which was given by my employer.

This is a reference letter for xxx (DOB: yyyy) who was a full time (39.5 hours/week) employee of Neogen Europe Ltd, from 5th of May 2009 to 31st of May 2011. He was employed as a Research Scientist in the Product Support Division and the Research and Development Division of the company. His main duties included;
• Product Improvement. Responsible for developing and validating protocols for specific applications for major international clients. This involved devising and running experiments to test the initial applicability of Neogen products for the customer’s requirements, and devising novel extraction processes to improve the product performance to meet clients requirements, maintaining accurate records of work carried out and ensuring timely delivery of project objectives. Mr xxx has also experience of DNA extraction using PCR technology to identify target pathogen.
• Immunoaffinity column (IAC) development. Responsible for the development and validation of IAC devices for the detection and quantification of Aflatoxins in food and feed samples. This involved antibody purification and dialysis, antibody conjugation (optimization of coupling procedures in order to obtain optimum coupling efficiency), assay optimization and validation of the products. He was responsible for laboratory studies and evaluation of new products and protocols. Mr xxx was also been involved in monthly presentations and conference calls to the parent organisation, to update on the progress of these projects.
• IAC development for Fumonisin. This programme involved the optimization of existing HPLC methods, and derivitisation methods. He was responsible for the development of this IAC column for the detection and quantification of Fumonisin in food and feed.
• Mr xxx was also responsible for the redevelopment of an existing IAC for the detection and quantification of Aflatoxins (Aflatoxin B1, B2, G1, G2); the work included protein purification, gel – protein coupling optimization, mobile phase optimization and sample extraction procedure optimization. The work also included maintaining accurate records of the validation programme, and comparison to the existing product and protocol.
• Lateral Flow Development. Mr xxx was involved in the development of a range of Lateral flow devices for the rapid detection of Shellfish Toxins and Plant Disease Pathogens (Such as Phytophthora, Pythium, Septoria and CGMMV), and gained knowledge and skills for the development of these products including antibody purification, gold- protein conjugation, construction of Lateral Flow devices. Within this development, he was also responsible for Stability trials of the devices, and carrying out repeatability and stability studies.

I have no hesitation in recommending xxx as a candidate for employment. During his employment at Neogen Europe he has shown excellent analytical and communication skills, and has shown a willingness to be involved in many different projects and displays a commendable willingness to learn new techniques. In addition, he is well organised, knowledgeable, reliable and computer literate. xxx can work independently and manage projects to ensure the timely delivery of objectives and outcomes.
xxx would be a tremendous asset to your company and has my highest recommendation. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Salary: £00000 per annum.

I would welcome any discussion.

Thanks

MMR

Kghimire

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi , I applied on 22 Aug, on the same NOC. Nothing heard so far ....!

SABU79

Champion Member
Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kghimire said:
Hi , I applied on 22 Aug, on the same NOC. Nothing heard so far ....!
Thanks, My application was received on 23 Aug according to DHL. But Please advise me on my reference letter. Will that be ok? I really appreciate your time.
Thanks

Kghimire

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think , you will be fine with that reference letter !

Lets hope for better !

Did you checked with bank for fee encashement by CIO till now ?

SABU79 said:
Thanks, My application was received on 23 Aug according to DHL. But Please advise me on my reference letter. Will that be ok? I really appreciate your time.
Thanks

SABU79

Champion Member
Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kghimire said:
I think , you will be fine with that reference letter !

Lets hope for better !

Did you checked with bank for fee encashement by CIO till now ?
Thanks, I checked but still I am not charged. It has been over 2 and half months. Thanks

SABU79

Champion Member
Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,
I just checked my bank today. It was reported that I have been charged. So My application was received on 23rd of August'2011 and I am charged on 09th November'2011. If any one heard anything from Sydney, Canada, Please share here. Please hope for the best.
Thank you.

Kghimire

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is really good news ! Mine application was received on 22nd, so must be charged as well.

thanks for the information.

SABU79 said:
Hello Guys,
I just checked my bank today. It was reported that I have been charged. So My application was received on 23rd of August'2011 and I am charged on 09th November'2011. If any one heard anything from Sydney, Canada, Please share here. Please hope for the best.
Thank you.

sajid369369

Jun 29, 2011
hi shijoal,
i am new to this thread as i also do fall in this NOC and i am working as research associate, prior to this i worked in a pesticide company as research and development officer, my issue is my salary package is not written that on the experience letter that company granted is it will be acceptable???
sajid

ronii

Aug 2, 2011
hi!!

Applied for FSW (NOC 2121) under MI2

Here's my timeline:
2011 March- submitted my application and other docs
May 1 - received positive assessment from Nova Scotia
May 31 - application received from local VO
July 15 - received medical notice
Aug - medical done and passed to local VO
Sept- passport request
Oct - passport released with visa

I will fly to Canada this Dec. Hang in there you guys!!! Hope this helped!!! ^^

NKKD Hortons

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011, CC charged: 26-09-2011
AOR Received.
PER on 24-10-2011
sajid369369 said:
hi shijoal,
i am new to this thread as i also do fall in this NOC and i am working as research associate, prior to this i worked in a pesticide company as research and development officer, my issue is my salary package is not written that on the experience letter that company granted is it will be acceptable???
sajid
Support your employment letter with pay slips.

NKKD Hortons

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011, CC charged: 26-09-2011
AOR Received.
PER on 24-10-2011
ronii said:
hi!!

Applied for FSW (NOC 2121) under MI2

Here's my timeline:
2011 March- submitted my application and other docs
May 1 - received positive assessment from Nova Scotia
May 31 - application received from local VO
July 15 - received medical notice
Aug - medical done and passed to local VO
Sept- passport request
Oct - passport released with visa

I will fly to Canada this Dec. Hang in there you guys!!! Hope this helped!!! ^^

Amazing speed! Congratulations on your visa. Which VO do you belong to?

SABU79

Champion Member
Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friend,
One thing I really need to discuss is that my pay slip. I did not include my pay slip but my employer mentioned that in my reference letter. Would it be ok? Thanks all.

SABU79

Champion Member
Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drdgmmrm said:
Sent the application on 12th May ,processing fee withdrawn from account on August 12th and now application forwarded to ND on 3rd OCT, 2011. Applied under NOC 2121.
Hello mate,
I was just wondering what is the current status of your application? Did you get called for medical test? Thanks

Kghimire

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
be in touch and update regularly !

SABU79 said:
Hello mate,
I was just wondering what is the current status of your application? Did you get called for medical test? Thanks

SABU79

Champion Member
Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kghimire said:
That is really good news ! Mine application was received on 22nd, so must be charged as well.

thanks for the information.
Hello Kghimire,
Did you manage to check your bank? Did you get charged? Thanks for your time.