Interview........
W
Passport Req..
16-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011
LANDED..........
27 - 06 -2011 Alhamdellah
if someone can suggest me ? I will be eligible to apply for my citizenship application by 4/6 rule in 15 days from now ? Do I need to wait for Fall 2017 ? Suggestions welcomed
Same case here...I think I am going to apply by July 4th and I am not going to wait for the fall

walktheline

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
So where is the fairness and justice for the Screwed Generation of 2015-2017?

Don't forget Conservatives executed C-24 for only 6 months, but Liberals have been executing C-24 for 20 months and still counting, also revocating citizenship in a much faster speed than any previous government.

Liberals could have used their executive power to suspend C-24 immediately when they got elected, or like NDP Jenny Kwan said, fulfilled their election promise to repeal the whole C-24 and the legislation process would have been much faster and efficient. Instead they used C-6 as political soap opera.

Reactions: SufferInCan

SufferInCan

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
So where is the fairness and justice for the screwed generation of 2015-2017?

Don't forget Conservatives executed C-24 for only 6 months, but Liberals have been executing C-24 for 20 months and still counting, also revocating citizenship in a much faster speed than any previous government.

Liberals could have used their executive power to suspend C-24 immediately when they got elected, or like NDP Jenny Kwan said, fulfilled their election promise to repeal the whole C-24 and the legislation process would have been much faster and efficient. Instead they used C-6 as political soap opera.
Totally agree. We can still react. Implementation date has not been yet announced. There is still a chance for the Liberals to grant some fairness by immediately implementing 3/5 rule. Enough wait.

Reactions: lilen

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
(Changes expected to take effect in fall 2017 Citizenship Act with Bill C-6 Amendments) Give me a break :confused::confused::confused:
The physical presence requirement Amendments are not new for CIC because these Amendments were rules in just 2 years ago.
Very disappointed :(
Yup. If Minister McCallum were still in charge of CIC/IRCC we can be pretty sure that he'd have implemented everything on Canada Day, even if a full 12 months on from the actual Canada Day he'd meant back in early 2016, haha. Minister Hussen is obviously a bit less than stellar leadership material.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
No doubt.

1) Get the docs ready.
2) Fedex for the first day the rules go into effect.
3) Enjoy
Yup. Let's just think positive and start getting all the documents ready for Fall. Does anyone know whether the police certificates (e.g., USA/FBI) can be dated BEFORE the implementation date of the 3/5 rule? Or is there some stupid 30 day rule of validity/acceptability for police certificates? Having had CIC misplace my US/FBI police report during my PR application process 3yrs agp, I've learned not to send things along to them separately, hehe.

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Am applying the same day its implemented lol..... was due last year November under the Previous rule before C24 ruined everything. But its all good. I can apply now. am happy

Reactions: lilen

SufferInCan

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
The physical presence requirement Amendments are not new for CIC because these Amendments were rules in just 2 years ago.
Very disappointed
Not true. Not anywhere near true.

The requirement prior to June 11, 2015 was a residency requirement, NOT a physical presence requirement. Many may not recognize the significance of this difference but actually it is a huge difference. Under the new rules merely being a resident of Canada, no matter for how long, how definitively one is settled in Canada, will not be sufficient, unlike the pre-2015 rules.

In particular, the pre-2015 rules required the applicant to be resident-in-Canada for three years in a period of four years. Depending on the circumstances, time outside Canada could be counted toward meeting this requirement so long as the applicant was a resident in Canada, had centralized his or her life in Canada. While Citizenship Judges could apply an actual physical presence test, CIC could not summarily reject an applicant who had less then 1095 days actual physical presence. Moreover, technically no days spent in Canada counted unless and until the individual established actual residence in Canada (under the new law, any days spent in Canada during the relevant time period, which again is now five years rather than the four years under the pre-2015 rules, even just part of the day, will count toward meeting the requirements). And the calculation was done differently, in effect counting midnights spent in Canada, whereas the new rules will, again, count all days including both days entering and days exiting Canada.

Compliance with tax filing requirements corresponding to the number of years of required presence was not a part of the older law (and Bill C-6 changes this from the Bill C-24 four calendar years out of six to a three out of five years requirement).

Among other changes.

A fall implementation date is actually fairly ambitious. Big bureaucracies tend to move slowly, perhaps more on a par with land masses than turtles or snails. Comparatively, fall is virtually akin to a jack rabbit pace.

In any event, fall it will be. While many Canadians consider anything after Labour Day (first Monday in September) as fall (and indeed, around here many things like hot dog and ice cream stands tend to close for the season after Labour Day), it would be surprising, very surprising, to see the 3/5 rule take effect before the first of October, more likely the end of October or into November. Not worth trying to guess any more precise than that.

The government probably has a specific target date in mind which is not likely to change unless a logistical problem delays the process. No amount of urging an earlier date is likely to have influence.

Reactions: Whocares

Canaussie7

Jun 16, 2017
Everyone complaining about being screwed by c-24, this is far from the worst thing that could happen to you. You are waiting for citizenship to one of the best countries in the world. You are not trying to escape bombings in Syria. You're not dodging terrorist attacks in Europe. Stop and smell the roses. From someone who was eligible in August 2015 under the old rules...and is waiting on citizenship to get back to my terminally ill mother. You all need to chill out!

Reactions: MonzB

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
Everyone complaining about being screwed by c-24, this is far from the worst thing that could happen to you. You are waiting for citizenship to one of the best countries in the world. You are not trying to escape bombings in Syria. You're not dodging terrorist attacks in Europe. Stop and smell the roses. From someone who was eligible in August 2015 under the old rules...and is waiting on citizenship to get back to my terminally ill mother. You all need to chill out!
Waaaww.... this a crazy reasoning, you both are getting the exact same fruit (the so called best country in the world).....his/her tree took 4 years versus 3 years for you... this is unfair so the seed and soil seller must refund that one who suffered with no mistake from the later side!!!

Reactions: kilamans

lilen

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
It's time to stop whining guys we have been waiting for more than a year to pass now its time to start gathering the documents who is with me September or October applications. I mean fall the first week that start I will apply
yes, chill guys c6 is done 2day
read it again and carefully lool

Reactions: MTweet12 and MonzB

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Not true. Not anywhere near true.

The requirement prior to June 11, 2015 was a residency requirement, NOT a physical presence requirement. Many may not recognize the significance of this difference but actually it is a huge difference. Under the new rules merely being a resident of Canada, no matter for how long, how definitively one is settled in Canada, will not be sufficient, unlike the pre-2015 rules.

In particular, the pre-2015 rules required the applicant to be resident-in-Canada for three years in a period of four years. Depending on the circumstances, time outside Canada could be counted toward meeting this requirement so long as the applicant was a resident in Canada, had centralized his or her life in Canada. While Citizenship Judges could apply an actual physical presence test, CIC could not summarily reject an applicant who had less then 1095 days actual physical presence. Moreover, technically no days spent in Canada counted unless and until the individual established actual residence in Canada (under the new law, any days spent in Canada during the relevant time period, which again is now five years rather than the four years under the pre-2015 rules, even just part of the day, will count toward meeting the requirements). And the calculation was done differently, in effect counting midnights spent in Canada, whereas the new rules will, again, count all days including both days entering and days exiting Canada.

Compliance with tax filing requirements corresponding to the number of years of required presence was not a part of the older law (and Bill C-6 changes this from the Bill C-24 four calendar years out of six to a three out of five years requirement).

Among other changes.

A fall implementation date is actually fairly ambitious. Big bureaucracies tend to move slowly, perhaps more on a par with land masses than turtles or snails. Comparatively, fall is virtually akin to a jack rabbit pace.

In any event, fall it will be. While many Canadians consider anything after Labour Day (first Monday in September) as fall (and indeed, around here many things like hot dog and ice cream stands tend to close for the season after Labour Day), it would be surprising, very surprising, to see the 3/5 rule take effect before the first of October, more likely the end of October or into November. Not worth trying to guess any more precise than that.

The government probably has a specific target date in mind which is not likely to change unless a logistical problem delays the process. No amount of urging an earlier date is likely to have influence.
It's amusing to read an apologia on behalf of the CIC/IRCC bureaucrats who, after all, have only had two years of knowing that this Bill was an election promise and was in the pipeline and that they ought to be getting ready for its effects. McCallum wouldn't have led the Department so lackadaisically, nor have been so beholden to his senior bureaucrats' fumblings and laziness. The CIC bureaucrats who I had to deal with during my PR application stage 3yrs ago are a prime exemplar of Parkinson's Law: work expands to fill the time made available by the management for its completion.

Reactions: RanRan

pd123

Jun 20, 2017
under the new law is it necessary to stay in canada once you apply for canadian citizenship until you are granted canadian citizenship?? for the period between application and grant for citizenship.. any idea