+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopefully, 3/5 will be implemented, effect immediately then Pre-PR credit will follow later in the year. I was eligible on June 25th, 2013, introduction of C-24 pushed me forward to June 25th, 2017. Now, C-6 is being introduced, LMAO.... this is crazy.
I heard of rumours saying the reason why the 4/6 in C-24 took one year is to wait for Alexander's wife applying under the 3/4 rule.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Just out of interest, does anyone know if, under C-6 (& CIC/IRCC's regulatory interpretation of the Law), if when one claims days of pre-PR "temporary residence" for the purposes of claiming qualifying days of physical presence in Canada, if claiming those days opens one up to being cross-referenced to the CRA in order to be made to go back and to possibly have to pay back-taxes on one's worldwide income for those days?

galant

Dec 28, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
Hi, Yesterday evening 7PM, Mr. Ahmad Hussen has given a speech in a public gathering. He was telling about immediate implementation of C-6. He was in Brampton. Thanks

galant

Dec 28, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
I met with Ahmad Hussen. The Ontario Premier was also there. Apart from that NDP leader and PC members were there, while he was delivering this speech. He mentioned C6 will facilitate smoother obtaining citizenship which was made difficult in c 24 earlier. He also told how he became Minister while he came to Canada as refugee.

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Hi, Yesterday evening 7PM, Mr. Ahmad Hussen has given a speech in a public gathering. He was telling about immediate implementation of C-6. He was in Brampton. Thanks
They will still have to update forms, procedures and manuals. It could be weeks instead of months, but they'll still need a ramp-up time. Especially because they will be flooded.

Anyway, is there any news report from this speech? If anyone was present, what did he specifically say?

Last edited:
Reactions: UVIR

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
They will still have to update forms, procedures and manuals. It could be weeks instead of months, but they'll still need a ramp-up time. Especially because they will be flooded.

Anyway, is there any news report from this speech? If anyone was present, what did he specifically say?
The forms, procedures, and manuals wouldn't (and shouldn't ) take much time to update, especially since C-6 has been going on for almost 2 years, it is not like they just find out about C-6 overnight and have no idea what to do with it .... besides, if they WANT to do it they can even do it right away, just like two years ago when they decided to bring in tons of refugees in a short amount of time, when they clearly were not ready with needed resources , but they did it anyway

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
The forms, procedures, and manuals wouldn't (and shouldn't ) take much time to update, especially since C-6 has been going on for almost 2 years, it is not like they just find out about C-6 overnight and have no idea what to do with it .... besides, if they WANT to do it they can even do it right away, just like two years ago when they decided to bring in tons of refugees in a short amount of time, when they clearly were not ready with needed resources , but they did it anyway
Of course if they WANT to do it, they can. But this is not about bringing in refugees, it's something different.
It's true that C-6 has been in the making for 16 months, but they didn't know what was going to be in the final bill until very late in the process, so they couldn't really commit to anything before knowing which direction this was going. Not to mention the fact that it may not be easy for a government entity to commit resources to prepare for a law that may or may not be approved at some unspecified time in the future.
And of course the updates to be made are not rocket science, but they still have to be done (and my experience taught me that it's usually more complicated than you think) and they may not necessarily be the top priority for those who have to do them, who most likely were not just sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for C-6 to be approved so they could start doing something, so realistically they will have to be reallocated from other tasks and prioritized. This may seem the most important thing in the world to you, but for some other people it may not.

And we have to consider that July and August are slower months due to vacations, so I really believe we should measure our expectations.

Reactions: nofrills

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Of course if they WANT to do it, they can. But this is not about bringing in refugees, it's something different.
It's true that C-6 has been in the making for 16 months, but they didn't know what was going to be in the final bill until very late in the process, so they couldn't really commit to anything before knowing which direction this was going. Not to mention the fact that it may not be easy for a government entity to commit resources to prepare for a law that may or may not be approved at some unspecified time in the future.
And of course the updates to be made are not rocket science, but they still have to be done (and my experience taught me that it's usually more complicated than you think) and they may not necessarily be the top priority for those who have to do them, who most likely were not just sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for C-6 to be approved so they could start doing something, so realistically they will have to be reallocated from other tasks and prioritized. This may seem the most important thing in the world to you, but for some other people it may not.

And we have to consider that July and August are slower months due to vacations, so I really believe we should measure our expectations.
No, I have no expectation at all, I didn't even expect C-6 to pass this year. I was merely trying to figure out how many CIC employees it would take to change a lightbulb

Reactions: UVIR and lilen

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
No, I have no expectation at all, I didn't even expect C-6 to pass this year. I was merely trying to figure out how many CIC employees it would take to change a lightbulb
This isn't changing a lightbulb, but even if it was, you need someone to stop doing what they are doing and actually change the lightbulb. And that may not be that simple, if "what they are doing" is considered more important or more urgent than changing a lightbulb.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
This isn't changing a lightbulb, but even if it was, you need someone to stop doing what they are doing and actually change the lightbulb. And that may not be that simple, if "what they are doing" is considered more important or more urgent than changing a lightbulb.
What they do involves verifying information that's presented to them, similar to what accountants and auditors do, with much less quantaritive analysis - it is important for sure but by no means complicated

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
What they do involves verifying information that's presented to them, similar to what accountants and auditors do, with much less quantaritive analysis - it is important for sure but by no means complicated
I don't think I ever said it was complicated. But you still need to DO it, and it is difficult if you are doing something else.