+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

bosmek

Apr 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I Agree with Observer.
No, Observer, you are not wrong, these are the realities of a democratic process.

Bill C-23 passed today its 3rd reading with no problems.
C-24 will pass next in the Commons, and within 2-3 weeks will be in the Senate.

Cheers

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
guys, the meetings are still happening - OK granted the last hearing from witnesses is tomorrow.

But, there is still work to be done to change the wording and come up with the report etc. These things take "some" time. You just cant churn something up overnight like a freshman year English essay ! ;D

They cannot be so super fast tracked at the expense of quality and due diligence....especially given the ramifications of some controversial sections of the bill

Newbie2014

Feb 10, 2014
Observer said:
Hi khakalove,
Trust me I do not take anything personal. On the contrary I like the feedback (this is the objective of the forum). My point of view is that although there are several Committee meetings, the voting will take place in the House of Common and not by the Committee guests. I, therefore, believe we will see the law before the summer and as I always say I wish I am wrong.
By the way, I do not work with the government or with anything related to immigration, I am just an observer.
:D

Alot of people are hoping that they will be able to get their applications in before the bill's implementation. They're counting the days, and constantly reassure themselves that the bill will pass towards year-end.

When you state that the bill is likely to become law soon, it stresses them out. That is why they get snarky with you. So don't worry about it; it's not you .....

:)

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think we should stop arguing who is right and who is wrong. everyone has their own opinion and point of view. Let's just update about the process of Bill C-24

Cheers

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
guys, the meetings are still happening - OK granted the last hearing from witnesses is tomorrow.
How do you know it last hearing tomorrow? I think there is no time limit to the study for the subject matter

maza

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA 3-2-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
21-01-2012(sent with application)
Med's Request
31-1-2014
Med's Done....
5-2-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-2014
LANDED..........
3-3-2014
http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2014/05/12/canadas_immigration_system_undergoing_quiet_ugly_revolution.html

Interesting article and comments for you guys to read?!!

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
There is a good chance that the bill will be amended regarding the PrePR time given the debates over the past weeks.

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Newbie2014 said:
Alot of people are hoping that they will be able to get their applications in before the bill's implementation. They're counting the days, and constantly reassure themselves that the bill will pass towards year-end.

When you state that the bill is likely to become law soon, it stresses them out. That is why they get snarky with you. So don't worry about it; it's not you .....

OMG! I'm laughing so hard at y'all. We are all stakeholders in Bill C-24 no matter how much we pretend to be indifferent regarding it's passage.If not why do we go the extra mile to monitor the progress of the bill and comment on this forum. What you are pretty much implying is that Observer is just observing and monitoring the legislative process just as a neutral. I think we are all in the same boat, some hopeful, others not and in fairness both sides have their extremes (the overly optimistic and the overly pessimistic). That said I shamelessly identify myself as a cautious optimist in regards to the passage of the bill. I believe the bill will eventually pass for obvious reasons (conservative majority), however as identified by the minister himself, it's intended to pass by the end of the year. There's also some logic to it, it's very simple, they have less than 30 days according to the parliament calendar to pass it. There's absolutely no need to rush the passing of the bill but oh well! If it does pass before we anticipate it, we either die or adapt.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
maza said:
http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2014/05/12/canadas_immigration_system_undergoing_quiet_ugly_revolution.html

Interesting article and comments for you guys to read?!!
That's an excellent overview and harsher than my own opinion was -- but the guy who writes it has much more understanding and a wider view then me, it's a disturbing picture. Here we get so focused on the details of 3 years versus 4 years, and forget that we used to be outside Canada looking in.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have posted sometime in March on this bill-24 that the bill is likely to be come law by end of year. The reason I said that, I watched CTV news with Minister's quote in Feb that " we hopefully can implement the new law by end of the year".

So, why we all predicting on something we don't know. We should stick with Minister's quote and let's see what happens. If indeed he changes his quote on implementing the law earlier is something is under his and his boss Harper's discretion. Nothing can be done by outsider...

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It will most likely become law by year end...

rayman_m said:
I have posted sometime in March on this bill-24 that the bill is likely to be come law by end of year. The reason I said that, I watched CTV news with Minister's quote in Feb that " we hopefully can implement the new law by end of the year".

So, why we all predicting on something we don't know. We should stick with Minister's quote and let's see what happens. If indeed he changes his quote on implementing the law earlier is something is under his and his boss Harper's discretion. Nothing can be done by outsider...

khakalove

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
Newbie2014 said:

hi newbie2014, i respect your comments, but,yes, we get stress about it, because some points, are not ok in this bill
.you are talking like, ,, you must be living in parliment or relitive of mr harper , that evry day you get informed by them, that bill is going to impliment on etc,,,so funny.....

Observer

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All, the Committee meeting is taking place now, however, it is close to public. I am not able to see it.