+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
sazamizi said:
So many grand parents and old people who haven't ever worked and paid their taxes in Canada , are taking advantage of healthcare system (really you call it healthcare system?!?!) . So what's the point that we work and pay tax for them?
So your argumentation is basically weak.
If they are fair and that is true because I think this proportion of the population are very minor. They can make a suggestion to increase the duration of benefits of medical insurance from 3 months to 6 months. Also they can consider you if you stay outside Canada for more than 6 months you are not eligible for health care system benefits for the same year. You know if you change your province of stay you will not have health care in the new province except after 3 months at present. You know they will never apply these rules,why? Because there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of Canadians go to USA Florida ,California and other states to stay all winter months there and come only after the winter is gone and those will be affected by these rules. So, they apply only the rules which affects new citizens and leave a space for personal applications too!!!

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
sazamizi said:
So many grand parents and old people who haven't ever worked and paid their taxes in Canada , are taking advantage of healthcare system (really you call it healthcare system?!?!) . So what's the point that we work and pay tax for them?
So your argumentation is basically weak.
do you have any statistics or you are just assuming?

yes I call it a healthcare system, if you require attention just go to any hospital or walk in clinic without paying and in Alberta is completely free you don't pay premiums

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
surgi said:
If they are fair and that is true because I think this proportion of the population are very minor. They can make a suggestion to increase the duration of benefits of medical insurance from 3 months to 6 months. Also they can consider you if you stay outside Canada for more than 6 months you are not eligible for health care system benefits for the same year. You know if you change your province of stay you will not have health care in the new province except after 3 months at present. You know they will never apply these rules,why? Because there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of Canadians go to USA Florida ,California and other states to stay all winter months there and come only after the winter is gone and those will be affected by these rules. So, they apply only the rules which affects new citizens and leave a space for personal applications too!!!
don't think it will affect the snow birds
also you can move to any province and get healthcare immediately for the first 3 monte with your old province card or just get your new one once you have your new address with a utility bill or a rental contract

I always hire guys from other provinces and never heard that they don't get health coverage

and I had to visit a emergency with my son while in a different province with no problem at all

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
glowingheart said:
don't think it will affect the snow birds
also you can move to any province and get healthcare immediately for the first 3 monte with your old province card or just get your new one once you have your new address with a utility bill or a rental contract

I always hire guys from other provinces and never heard that they don't get health coverage

and I had to visit a emergency with my son while in a different province with no problem at all
I was in Quebec for one year and came to Ontario end of 2012 ,they refused to offer me any service (except emergency services). I had to wait for 3 months to get my Ontario Health card and access to regular health swervices

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
surgi said:
I was in Quebec for one year and came to Ontario end of 2012 ,they refused to offer me any service (except emergency services). I had to wait for 3 months to get my Ontario Health card and access to regular health swervices
that doesn't happen in BC or AB
also you know that quebec is a different system

pl840502

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport to travel? For people from some countries the passport is good enough.
Plus if the person is using healthcare he needs to stay at least 2 years out of 5 years, or 3/4 years in continuous, thats consumer tax at least...plus maybe income tax?

glowingheart said:
in canada everybody has the healthcare
every citizen has a cost
why acquire a citizenship if you are not willing to live in that country?

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
pl840502 said:
Passport to travel? For people from some countries the passport is good enough.
Plus if the person is using healthcare he needs to stay at least 2 years out of 5 years, or 3/4 years in continuous, thats consumer tax at least...plus maybe income tax?
Seriously? Precisely the reason why Alexander and his entourage hate immigrants and do everything to make citizenship impossible to get. No, Canadian passport is not "passport to travel", I can't believe there are people who openly say that. It is meant for people who work hard over many years to prove that they deserve it, to contribute to Canadian society and build better lives, for themselves and for all other Canadians. If you just want to buy "passport to travel" look somewhere else, one of the island nations maybe.

That's why I say and will continue to say, the FSW & investor programs are to blame for the abuse. 4 years out of 6 "waiting" in Canada for a passport doesn't make one Canadian. The programs need to change, only people who find jobs or start real business that employs other Canadians, and keep these jobs or business for 3 years, should be allowed to apply for citizenship. Not just anybody who can sign a paper and physically remain on Canadian soil, while doing who knows what.

sanlitun

Jun 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know this has been asked a few times but does anyone know when the intent to reside clause is going to take effective? Please quote your source (i.e. not speculations please). Thanks!

Yunem

Jun 25, 2014
Yunem said:
Me and my wife became a Canadian Citizen in 2007. Our daughter was born in Canada in 2009 (obviously she is Canadian citizen)
After 3 years (in 2010) I found a job in my back home and we left Canada..
Since that day we are living out of Canada.

So it means, according to new law; we will lose our citizenship and not able to enter to Canada anymore??????

I misunderstood or not???

I'm seriously thinking to go back Canada again...

Best Regards,
paw339 said:
Relax you are not going to be affected in anyway.

Lots of countries have this rule and its not an major issue. Once you are a Citizen you are free to live and work anywhere you wish.

surgi said:
That is not sure paw339 no text defines on which types of naturalized citizens will be applied. They will not apply it on those who signed the intent to reside only. This unconstitutional and will be considered as discrimination. They would apply it on all who has dual citizenship to oblige most of new citizens to give away their original citizenship. There will be more of such Bills if the cons win the next elections.

Dear Surgi,
I got into a panic...

What do you suggest to us..?? On september, my contract will finish with the company where I work now. I decided to go back to Canada on 1 october.
Firstly I will go alone and after I set in my way (home, job..etc...) I will bring my wife and daughter back to Canada.

I really wonder that can we have any problem for entrance to Canada
or can we have any problem in future??

Notice: However we went before Bill C-24..Will this new bill/law effect us???
and We also have dual citizenship...

If you can give some information/suggest to us I will be appreciated

Best Regards,

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
anon123 said:
Seriously? Precisely the reason why Alexander and his entourage hate immigrants and do everything to make citizenship impossible to get. No, Canadian passport is not "passport to travel", I can't believe there are people who openly say that. It is meant for people who work hard over many years to prove that they deserve it, to contribute to Canadian society and build better lives, for themselves and for all other Canadians. If you just want to buy "passport to travel" look somewhere else, one of the island nations maybe.

That's why I say and will continue to say, the FSW & investor programs are to blame for the abuse. 4 years out of 6 "waiting" in Canada for a passport doesn't make one Canadian. The programs need to change, only people who find jobs or start real business that employs other Canadians, and keep these jobs or business for 3 years, should be allowed to apply for citizenship. Not just anybody who can sign a paper and physically remain on Canadian soil, while doing who knows what.
I wonder what personal need you fill by lecturing others off the top of your head. Do you actually think about what you say? Because the words you use are just soundbytes and cliches that have almost no meaning.

A passport is not issued to a citizen because he works hard and "deserves" it. It's not a merit-based award of any sort. A citizen gets a passport by right. It does not matter how hard he works in his life. It does not matter whether he "deserves" a passport in your opinion. And it sure as hell does not matter that he keeps to himself every penny he earns and does not donate or contribute to the community. He gets a passport just by virtue of being a citizen, because the law says citizens have the right to a passport. You might dislike the person, or disagree with his worldview and lifestyle, or think he's not working hard but that's just your opinion and it's not a basis for denying him a passport. He gets a passport because he's a citizen. End of story!

Think of the native-born Canadian who goes to the US to work and finds a way to stay there permanently. He's still a Canadian citizen with full rights (including the right to a passport). Nobody even for an instant would think that he does not "deserve" a Canadian passport because he has abandoned Canada as his place of residence. Citizens get a passport and have all the other rights of citizenship. Nothing else about their personal life is relevant to this. That's just how it works.

If you're saying it shouldn't be this way, good luck trying to change that but in the mean time my advice would be to stop spouting meaningless lectures that are nothing more than your opinion dressed in very vague, subjective, and worn-out cliches. You just embarrass yourself.

MasterGeek

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
24-05-2012
Med's Request
24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
The white conservatives want the lowly "immigrants" to work in Canada in order to pay for the pensions and wellfare of their old white overlords

pl840502

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes that's ideal, but there's never a best way to find out what's people's real intent isn't it? And my point earlier was only to say that if some people only want the passport so that he can travel and not after the pension and healthcare, he/she doesn't take much Canadian's resources.

I don't think tighter immigration policy is the way to keep people here, if they want people here they need to make them wanting to stay here. It's just like years ago you decided to leave your home country for Canada when you discovered this opportunity. People back home would say the same, hey you used our tax dollars to get education and stuff now you move to Canada? I'd guess it's because home country can't offer an satisfying life and opportunity. It's not your fault.

So after years of being here if you can only find a job as an associate here but somewhere else you can do more and better, I personally would go for the latter. You don't live for the country, you live for yourself, and ultimately for the betterment of humanity. If you can do better contribute better in other countries and Canadian passport is the way to facilitate that then why not. It's better than staying here and do nothing just get by and collect benefit. There you have intent to reside but for the wrong reason

So for me it doesn't matter whether it's 3 years or 4 years, when it's done it's done, just need to adjust the plan accordingly to make the best out of myself.

anon123 said:

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
pl840502 said:
Yes that's ideal, but there's never a best way to find out what's people's real intent isn't it? And my point earlier was only to say that if some people only want the passport so that he can travel and not after the pension and healthcare, he/she doesn't take much Canadian's resources.

I don't think tighter immigration policy is the way to keep people here, if they want people here they need to make them wanting to stay here. It's just like years ago you decided to leave your home country for Canada when you discovered this opportunity. People back home would say the same, hey you used our tax dollars to get education and stuff now you move to Canada? I'd guess it's because home country can't offer an satisfying life and opportunity. It's not your fault.

So after years of being here if you can only find a job as an associate here but somewhere else you can do more and better, I personally would go for the latter. You don't live for the country, you live for yourself, and ultimately for the betterment of humanity. If you can do better contribute better in other countries and Canadian passport is the way to facilitate that then why not. It's better than staying here and do nothing just get by and collect benefit. There you have intent to reside but for the wrong reason

So for me it doesn't matter whether it's 3 years or 4 years, when it's done it's done, just need to adjust the plan accordingly to make the best out of myself.

if the intent to reside is a way to eliminate the citizenship to all of those who came to canada only to get a passport with no plans to live or work here and help the nation become stronger
also for those who just wanted to become Canadians cause they can get higher paying jobs as international workers
then I will support it 100%

cause all they were thinking is becoming Canadians not a part of Canada

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
Yunem said:
Dear Surgi,
I got into a panic...

What do you suggest to us..?? On september, my contract will finish with the company where I work now. I decided to go back to Canada on 1 october.
Firstly I will go alone and after I set in my way (home, job..etc...) I will bring my wife and daughter back to Canada.

I really wonder that can we have any problem for entrance to Canada
or can we have any problem in future??

Notice: However we went before Bill C-24..Will this new bill/law effect us???
and We also have dual citizenship...

If you can give some information/suggest to us I will be appreciated

Best Regards,
I am sorry I do not have a clear answer you have to ask a lawyer or immigration consultant. All what I say are speculations and my own understanding which maybe right or wrong. Do not panic anyway because the application may take time and for sure other legislative procedures which may include new Bills if the cons win the next federal. The intent to reside needs some legal explanations as it is not clear and this mostly will be done after the next federal election ,either to be cancelled by the new winner if they are liberals or NDP,or to be enforced by new Bills by the cons if they win. The supreme court takes long time usually to declare a law unconstitutional.

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
surgi said:
I am sorry I do not have a clear answer you have to ask a lawyer or immigration consultant. All what I say are speculations and my own understanding which maybe right or wrong. Do not panic anyway because the application may take time and for sure other legislative procedures which may include new Bills if the cons win the next federal. The intent to reside needs some legal explanations as it is not clear and this mostly will be done after the next federal election ,either to be cancelled by the new winner if they are liberals or NDP,or to be enforced by new Bills by the cons if they win. The supreme court takes long time usually to declare a law unconstitutional.
remember that they are saying it is unconstitutional the stripping of the citizenship to a canada born citizen not a immigrant and that's what Rocco and others are after not the whole law