London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
dr_spaceman said:
Does anyone know when the Lost Canadian portions of the law come into effect? Are they already in effect? Thanks!
Already active.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,

I believe we need to keep complaining/protesting against the unconstitutional law C-24 till we as (potential) Canadians get our rights. Please keep posted in this blog and feel free to use #BillC24 on twitter.

All the best,
S.

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Yunem said:
Me and my wife became a Canadian Citizen in 2007. Our daughter was born in Canada in 2009 (obviously she is Canadian citizen)
After 3 years (in 2010) I found a job in my back home and we left Canada..
Since that day we are living out of Canada.

So it means, according to new law; we will lose our citizenship and not able to enter to Canada anymore??????

I misunderstood or not???

I'm seriously thinking to go back Canada again...

Best Regards,
Relax you are not going to be affected in anyway.

Lots of countries have this rule and its not an major issue. Once you are a Citizen you are free to live and work anywhere you wish.

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
paw339 said:
Relax you are not going to be affected in anyway.

Lots of countries have this rule and its not an major issue. Once you are a Citizen you are free to live and work anywhere you wish.
That is not sure paw339 no text defines on which types of naturalized citizens will be applied. They will not apply it on those who signed the intent to reside only. This unconstitutional and will be considered as discrimination. They would apply it on all who has dual citizenship to oblige most of new citizens to give away their original citizenship. There will be more of such Bills if the cons win the next elections.

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
paw339 said:
The "intend to reside" clause isn't that complicated. If you are planning on leaving Canada (Canada will no longer be your home) after being granted citizenship you do not "intend to reside" and therefore cannot apply for Citizenship. However once you have become a Citizen you are free to change your mind and leave Canada at any time with no risk of losing your citizenship.

The problem is that unfortunately there will be a number of individuals who will just lie about the fact that they "intend to reside", which will then end up throwing suspicion on any new canadian citizen who leaves Canada soon after they become a citizen.

If you are applying for jobs overseas before being granted citizenship and you subsequently leave Canada thats pretty good evidence that you did not "intend to reside" and probably would be sufficient grounds to strip you of your citizenship.

There are a couple of exceptions (eg posted overseas when working for a Canadian company)

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]If you apply for job overseas and you are not working in Canada and can not find a job,you will be considered as a passport seeker?? what to do then? apply for welfare and you will be a good citizen???

[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys, my brother got the citizenship one year ago and he is expecting a baby outside canada. will she get the citizenship as well or not according to the law?

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Surgi, If you are a Canadian Citizen you are free to apply for a job overseas.

If you are a permanent resident you are also free to apply for a job overseas so you don't have to remain on welfare, but you cannot apply for citizenship as you do not intend to reside in Canada. You would retain your PR but obviously you would be limited to spending a maximum of 3 years outside Canada.

If you are committed to Canada you would also have the option of moving within Canada to get employment.

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
paw339 said:
Surgi, If you are a Canadian Citizen you are free to apply for a job overseas.

If you are a permanent resident you are also free to apply for a job overseas so you don't have to remain on welfare, but you cannot apply for citizenship as you do not intend to reside in Canada. You would retain your PR but obviously you would be limited to spending a maximum of 3 years outside Canada.

If you are committed to Canada you would also have the option of moving within Canada to get employment.

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Again the text of intent to reside does not say that,I think many people wrote many times about this in this forum. The second thing the advantage of citizenship when you are not able to find a job over the PR card is that you are not required to stay a certain number of days to renew your PR card.This is needed for persons who will have a family and children who study or work in Canada. It was very difficult to come to Canada and most of the new immigrants made a lot of sacrifices to come to Canada. Many if not all of the immigrants did and are doing their best to work here. I am a doctor and I passed the required exams to get a license and work here but I am one of hundreds of doctors which the system and the college of Surgeons refuse to give us license and to be integrated in the system. What can I do more than this? My family and children are already in schools and consider Canada as their homeland , I told you it was very difficult to come to settle down here,and now it is nearly traumatizing for my children to go back because the system does not allow me to work here. What other choices I have to solve this problem? My case is just one example. If you have another situation and circumstances do not accuse the others blindly. The system should be fair for everybody.

[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
if you become canadian and leave the country cause you found a job elsewhere and don't pay canadian tax you are a good candidate to loose the citizenship

if you pay your tacanadian taxes no problem

the whole problem is those who become citizen leave the country and come back years later to collect pension and to use the health system whiout paying their canadian taxes for years cause they don't live in canada

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
glowingheart said:
if you become canadian and leave the country cause you found a job elsewhere and don't pay canadian tax you are a good candidate to loose the citizenship

the whole problem is those who become citizen leave the country and come back years later to collect pension and to use the health system whiout paying their canadian taxes for years cause they don't live in canada
You do realize that you do not qualify for OAS and CPP unless you have contributed into it for a period of 10 years, right? While, I agree with your statement, I do not think the "Intend to reside" clause is the way to prevent this

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
glowingheart said:

That is great here we are talking about another different issue. If you do not pay taxes there should a law which punishes who commit this fraud. Not to impression people and do not allow them to work??? I remember I read 2 years back that there are around 30000 Canadian businessmen who have secret accounts in Switzerland ,those people have nothing with the immigration and citizenship they are Canadians and they escape from paying the taxes. That is another issue should not be linked with the citizenship laws.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend , either you are justifying the new citizenship law or you are trying to make sense of it! In both ways, you are ignoring the right of mobility mentioned in the constitution.
The right of mobility not only is mentioned in the Canadian constitution but also almost all countries in the world agree with it.
If Canada is going to push each permanent resident in Canada, they should think about the job market or so many other things.
The immigration - except for refugees suffering from wars or something - should work for both sides : immigrants and Canada. Canada takes immigrant to profit their knowledge and experience and we immigrate to Canada to profit freedom and facilities such as fair job market and passport.
I'm surprised when some people say this guy or that guy is a passport seeker! This guy or that guy who is a passport seeker has already paid the TAX here, spend around 5 years and paid from his pocket.
So if you see this phenomena from different angle, you will see something else.
And one more thing my friend, we shouldn't try to justify laws and rules against human rights codes or constitution. Honestly, some of my friends and families are affected by the new law and they will need to wait one more year here to apply for their citizenship which is bothering. I thought the government has right to change this sort of rule for example makes it longer or more difficult BUT "Revoking" citizenship and "Intent to reside" are not tolerable because they are unconstitutional!
Thanks,

surgi said:
That is great here we are talking about another different issue. If you do not pay taxes there should a law which punishes who commit this fraud. Not to impression people and do not allow them to work??? I remember I read 2 years back that there are around 30000 Canadian businessmen who have secret accounts in Switzerland ,those people have nothing with the immigration and citizenship they are Canadians and they escape from paying the taxes. That is another issue should not be linked with the citizenship laws.

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
om saif said:
guys, my brother got the citizenship one year ago and he is expecting a baby outside canada. will she get the citizenship as well or not according to the law?
Just let his wife to deliver in Canada. I do not think the baby will be Canadian automatically.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i want to be sure because he may not be able to come unless he must.

surgi said:
Just let his wife to deliver in Canada. I do not think the baby will be Canadian automatically.