N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Hey all,
I was wondering, what are the best ways to prove physical presence in Canada if for some time the applicant was unemployed and also going from one house to another rent free (family or friends )
Your insights are appreciated

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey all,
I was wondering, what are the best ways to prove physical presence in Canada if for some time the applicant was unemployed and also going from one house to another rent free (family or friends )
If this person used a credit card for daily purchases, providing all of the statements for the period would be strong evidence.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
This is the third thread you started asking for the same question again and again. A lot of people already gave you all kinds of options and answers( including myself) .Are you really looking for an answer ?

Reactions: Canadavisa92

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
If this person used a credit card for daily purchases, providing all of the statements for the period would be strong evidence.
Thanks a lot scylla its an honour to reply back to my post, I have reading your advice through out.
I know credit cards are a good evidence but isnt it easy to allow someone I trust or know use my card ?, of course I am not saying you are wrong I am just stating something that crossed my mind.

I have one more thing that I was discussing with a friend, the address that we mention on the declaration form when we first land as a PR, I mentioned my mother's friend address as she is established in Canada and I thought its best to ship the PR card to her (I received the card during my soft landing).
Anyways, I didn't live with her even though I mentioned her address, I rather preferred staying at an AirBnB and I thought when filling the form that the address asked is the one IRCC wants to communicate with you and not the address that I will be living in.
So does that cause any discrepancy?. Because when I will declare this period and mention my address of stay in that while I will be mentioning my AirBnB because this is where I actually resided.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
This is the third thread you started asking for the same question again and again. A lot of people already gave you all kinds of options and answers( including myself) .Are you really looking for an answer ?
I am trust me, but I tend to dwell on stuff and overthink, my apologies

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks a lot scylla its an honour to reply back to my post, I have reading your advice through out.
I know credit cards are a good evidence but isnt it easy to allow someone I trust or know use my card ?, of course I am not saying you are wrong I am just stating something that crossed my mind.
You would need to have weekly if not daily activity for a credit card statement to be good evidence of residency. No one in their right mind is going to give someone else their credit card and allow them to use it on a daily basis for three years. Also, using someone else's credit card is regarded as fraudulent activity.

Are you asking about committing fraud?

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
You would need to have weekly if not daily activity for a credit card statement to be good evidence of residency. No one in their right mind is going to give someone else their credit card and allow them to use it on a daily basis for three years. Also, using someone else's credit card is regarded as fraudulent activity.

Are you asking about committing fraud?
No No this makes sense.
I have read too that CBSA will be implementing the entry and exit policy so they could track people coming in and going out of Canada, this is the best evidence right?. I mean passport stamps in general.

Finally, what is your opinion about the address issue

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Well, pls be transparent in all your communication with CIC and your case would be fine and don't overthink too much.
Of course I always am.
But my point is not about hiding anything its just that the address mentioned in the declaration form of the customs isnt the one that i resided in.
I actually stayed somewhere else and that place will of course be declared as my address in this duration.
That discrepancy is it an issue, thats my question

P.S. The address in the declaration was used by IRCC to send me the PR card.

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Of course I always am.
But my point is not about hiding anything its just that the address mentioned in the declaration form of the customs isnt the one that i resided in.
I actually stayed somewhere else and that place will of course be declared as my address in this duration.

No issues at all with the address.

As long as you are truthful. No need to worry about anything.

Stay positive. Thanks

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Hey all,
Physical calculator is required to proof your presence, you have to mention all the address you been living while you stay in Canada in the application.
there is no section in application asking for bank stamemts to proof physical presence so unless you asked by IRCC to prove that NO need to be panic

omerhaha

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Physical calculator is required to proof your presence, you have to mention all the address you been living while you stay in Canada in the application.
there is no section in application asking for bank stamemts to proof physical presence so unless you asked by IRCC to prove that NO need to be panic
Let me assure you 1000 % that you will not need to prove your presence in Canada for the three year , when you apply for citizenship you will a consent to allow CBCA to collect all your entries and exits ( the amended customs act will be implemented this month ) so IRCC will exactly how many days you spent in Canada , you can not omit a single day and lucky this will reduce the processing time dramatically

trk1

Jul 15, 2014
Of course I always am.

I shared for another forum member..but pasting here too.
>>>>>>>>>>
As I understood, you are good and shouldn't matter as it is the mailing address in your COPR...but explicitly mention the point, so there is no ambiguity or concern for the examining officer.

As per IRCC, If you’re outside Canada, when you arrive in Canada

"If you’re admissible and there are no problems when you arrive, the officer will:
allow you to enter Canada as a permanent resident
confirm your Canadian mailing address where we’ll mail your permanent resident card
If you change your address within 180 days of arriving in Canada, you must tell us using the web form."

If you’re already in Canada, during the interview the officer will:
"confirm your Canadian mailing address, so we can mail your permanent resident card (PR card)
If you change your address within 180 days of getting your status, you must tell us using the web form."

(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/application-approved.html)

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Hi @Canadavisa92

I am in the same boat as you; gave my friend's address for PR card, CBSA Declaration and my SIN, since there was no proper address yet to provide them. And I resided in an Airbnb for the first couple of months. Now I plan to provide my Airbnb address inspite of the mailing address I gave out as an address initially.

How did you fill out your application? And how has your progress been on the application?

I would appreciate anything I could learn from our experience. Thank you.

Last edited:

amerkhaled

Star Member
May 17, 2021
Best thing to prove your physical presence during your stay in canada is to take classes in college or English classes where there is attendance and the attendance sheet you attach with application to show your stay in canada.