+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best approach to bring to be spouse to Canada

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I have been searching for a complete Guidelines about the best approach to be with spouse after marriage (My to be Spouse lives in India).

I live in Toronto with PR status, I have a wedding planned in April 2018.

I am very curious and looking for help with your experiences.

Whats the best approach to bring spouse as soon as possible after marriage?
(Visitor visa before marriage/Visitor visa after marriage/PR)?

My friends suggested since my spouse is working in India would be easy to get visitor visa. Once spouse is hear i can apply for inland PR. Not sure whats best looking to current time lines.

I really appreciate and thank full to hear from you. or please forward me to appropriate thread that has similar discussions

Thanks is advance

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Forget about visitor visa after marriage, it will most likely be rejected.
If your soon-to-be wife has strong ties to India and can prepare a strong application, she can apply for a visitor visa before marriage as your friend have suggested, then submit an inland spousal sponsorship application after marriage. There is no guarantee though that the visitor visa will be accepted.
Your other option is to let her apply for immigration if she is eligible on her own under any Express Entry program.
Your last option is the outland sponsorship in which case you should be prepared to be apart for at least one year.
Good luck!

Reactions: avanipatil

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
It's best to apply for outland sponsorship because her intention of coming here is to get married and settle permanently. She wouldn't be coming as true visitor so it's better not to apply for the visit visa.

Reactions: msb

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It's best to apply for outland sponsorship because her intention of coming here is to get married and settle permanently. She wouldn't be coming as true visitor so it's better not to apply for the visit visa.
Poor advice. If she is approved for a TRV, she can come to Canada and apply inland without issue. Read up on Dual Intention.

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Forget about visitor visa after marriage, it will most likely be rejected.
If your soon-to-be wife has strong ties to India and can prepare a strong application, she can apply for a visitor visa before marriage as your friend have suggested, then submit an inland spousal sponsorship application after marriage. There is no guarantee though that the visitor visa will be accepted.
Your other option is to let her apply for immigration if she is eligible on her own under any Express Entry program.
Your last option is the outland sponsorship in which case you should be prepared to be apart for at least one year.
Good luck!
Thanks a lot...
Yes she is working and can prove strong ties and intention of going back.
A very helpful if you can advise if i apply her visitor visa before marriage would that cause any issues in applying for In-land PR later once she is here?
sadly i found her not enough points to get in through Express entry program.

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Thanks, But the outland PR processing takes around an average 12 months to process. My purpose it to live with her as soon after marriage that is why i am looking if there are any other ways that ppl have opted for could help me as well.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Thanks a lot...
A very helpful if you can advise if i apply her visitor visa before marriage would that cause any issues in applying for In-land PR later once she is here?
Not a problem at all. So many people have successfully done it. It is OK to have a dual intent. Good luck!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks a lot...
It will not cause any issues.

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Your best bet is TRV before marriage, a strong application proving she will return to india.
Apply inland
Otherwise do like i did, apply outland and go visit her every few months during the wait.

We had tons of red flag, met and married within 4 mths and got approved by 10 mths! I went to visit my husband 2-3 times a year, stayed at his
House and with his family and took lots of pictures

Outland has an appeal option if u are denied and u can also re apply too

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
Poor advice. If she is approved for a TRV, she can come to Canada and apply inland without issue. Read up on Dual Intention.
Oh right, there is the dual intent thing, but it seldom seems to work. It doesn't hurt to apply for a TRV but it's best not to get your hopes up.