File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Impossible to answer unless you tell us where you're flying from.

Zee.One

Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
Nomination.....
PER Received 10-01-2012
IELTS Request
8 bands Sent with Application
File Transfer...
In Process 10-01-2012
Med's Request
10-03-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Interview........
14-02-2013
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (31-05-13) PPR-2 (25-06-13)
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
LANDED..........
Sep/October
I am also in process to choose Airline from Lahore.

In my opinion

PIA gives you Economy,Convenience direct flight reducing overall flight time but i am not sure about In flight entertainment, food quality and attendant courtesy, Child engagement activities in comparison to Qatar,Emirates & Etihad airways.

Believe me Qatar, Etihad & Emirates all three matchless in services. I have traveled internationally a lot on these three airlines.
PIA is good in domestic but never have any international experience so cannot comment on it.

Travel Agent quote me following fare for 4 pasengers (2 adult, 2 child 2-8Yrs). Trave Route is Lahore-Edmonton one way
Travel date Mid September 2013

PIA 375000 PKR
Qatar 373,000
Etihad 425,000
Emirates 475,000

I am confused Between Qatar & PIA.
The only think attract me towards PIA is Direct 14hrs flight from Lahore to Toronto which save 7 hrs traveling time as compare to Qatar Airways except this direct flight factor everything goes in favor of Qatar Airways.

Regards

atifhassankhan

Star Member
Jan 26, 2010
Zee.One said:

In my opinion

PIA gives you Economy,Convenience direct flight reducing overall flight time but i am not sure about In flight entertainment, food quality and attendant courtesy, Child engagement activities in comparison to Qatar,Emirates & Etihad airways.

Believe me Qatar, Etihad & Emirates all three matchless in services. I have traveled internationally a lot on these three airlines.
PIA is good in domestic but never have any international experience so cannot comment on it.

Travel Agent quote me following fare for 4 pasengers (2 adult, 2 child 2-8Yrs). Trave Route is Lahore-Edmonton one way

PIA 375000 PKR
Qatar 373,000
Etihad 425,000
Emirates 475,000

The only think attract me towards PIA is Direct 14hrs flight from Lahore to Toronto which save 7 hrs traveling time as compare to Qatar Airways except this direct flight factor everything goes in favor of Qatar Airways.

Regards
For best quotes try cheapoair.com

Atif

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zee.One said:

In my opinion

PIA 375000 PKR
Qatar 373,000
Etihad 425,000
Emirates 475,000

Regards
PIA is best

1) Direct flight

2) More luggage

3) Price is cheap

4) Overall service is ok....

I travelled via PIA from Islamabad to toronto and I was satisfied with their services, I have also travelled on Emirates, Qatar, British etc... If you get above 4 benefits you shouldn't be complaining for in flight entertainment..Good luck.....

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atifhassankhan said:
For best quotes try cheapoair.com

Atif
Cheapoair.com is cheap but they allow less luggage and you get a transit point in USA for most flights for which you have to get a US transit visa. I won't recommend cheapoair.com for this route thought it is receommended for other routes.

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
The cheapest and best in terms of service is Turkish Airlines. Its offers outclass service and their fares are also usually the lowest or among the lowest. It takes an stopover in Istanbul (just like Emirates takes a stop on Dubai and Etihad in Abu Dhabi. The only bad thing is that due to their good service and economical fares, they are usually heavily booked and getting a flight within the next few weeks is usually different but if you have sufficient time then i would refer you Turkish.

On the other hand, you have the following choices:

1) PIA (Direct)
2) Emirates (Stops in Dubai)
3) Etihad (Stops in Abu Dhabi)
4) Turkish (Stops in Istanbul)
5) Gulf Air (Stops first in Bahrain, then in London and afterwards, They have an agreement with Air Canada and they will carry you to Toronto). I have heard that this is the cheapest available option but it has the longest journey time (which is around 24-36 plus hours along with 2 stopovers instead of one unlike other airlines).

Finally,you cannot travel by Qatar Airways because Qatar does not offer its services to Toronto. It only goes to Montreal which is in Quebec and any immigrant who's destination is not Quebec cannot land on its airports unless they have a special permission (i don't know how to get this permission but obviously, in the presence of multiple options, this would be a mere money and time wasting exercise).

One final word, don't check the prices through any websites because the websites always shows very high prices. Check with any travel agent and he will give you the best prices.

If you find the above useful, please don't forget to give me +1 :D

Shaani

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Thanks everyone, im planning to fly during the third week of October with my family. The little surfing i have done so far has resulted in PIA being the cheapest airline with the lowest air fare to offer. Surprisingly, since they are the only direct carrier to Toronto from Pakistan.

Zee.One

Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
Nomination.....
PER Received 10-01-2012
IELTS Request
8 bands Sent with Application
File Transfer...
In Process 10-01-2012
Med's Request
10-03-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
Interview........
14-02-2013
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (31-05-13) PPR-2 (25-06-13)
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
LANDED..........
Sep/October
Excellent Post. 1+

I just want to clarify on one point regarding Qubec Landing.

You can have transit stop at Montreal if you have tickets for onward traveling.
People have done this.

Regards

fsarosh said:
The cheapest and best in terms of service is Turkish Airlines. Its offers outclass service and their fares are also usually the lowest or among the lowest. It takes an stopover in Istanbul (just like Emirates takes a stop on Dubai and Etihad in Abu Dhabi. The only bad thing is that due to their good service and economical fares, they are usually heavily booked and getting a flight within the next few weeks is usually different but if you have sufficient time then i would refer you Turkish.

On the other hand, you have the following choices:

1) PIA (Direct)
2) Emirates (Stops in Dubai)
3) Etihad (Stops in Abu Dhabi)
4) Turkish (Stops in Istanbul)
5) Gulf Air (Stops first in Bahrain, then in London and afterwards, They have an agreement with Air Canada and they will carry you to Toronto). I have heard that this is the cheapest available option but it has the longest journey time (which is around 24-36 plus hours along with 2 stopovers instead of one unlike other airlines).

Finally,you cannot travel by Qatar Airways because Qatar does not offer its services to Toronto. It only goes to Montreal which is in Quebec and any immigrant who's destination is not Quebec cannot land on its airports unless they have a special permission (i don't know how to get this permission but obviously, in the presence of multiple options, this would be a mere money and time wasting exercise).

One final word, don't check the prices through any websites because the websites always shows very high prices. Check with any travel agent and he will give you the best prices.

If you find the above useful, please don't forget to give me +1 :D

AAK

Jul 1, 2009
Shaani said:
Thanks everyone, im planning to fly during the third week of October with my family. The little surfing i have done so far has resulted in PIA being the cheapest airline with the lowest air fare to offer. Surprisingly, since they are the only direct carrier to Toronto from Pakistan.
Dear Shaani,

Please share air fare of PIA.

prospective

Aug 27, 2009
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2009
Doc's Request.
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
26-04-2010
Med's Request
Oct 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Zee.One said:

In my opinion

PIA 375000 PKR
Qatar 373,000
Etihad 425,000
Emirates 475,000

Regards
I am taking PIA primarily because of my infant. I will also be going to Edmonton. Direct flight doesn't only save costs, but saves number of hrs of travelling and hassles of changing flight. Personally I like Qatar.

Shaani

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Dear AAk

We are a family of 2 Adults, one kid and one infant. The price which has been offered by the travel agent for October 2013 is Rs.380 K.

AAK said:
Dear Shaani,

Please share air fare of PIA.