Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
gvasdev2004 said:
keep on dreaming guys when u land here u have 2 face hardest truth hahahahahahaha gt ready to do labour class jobs
I think it's better for people to try and arrange employment for themselves before they come, or to contact employers. Otherwise they might face the situation you described, most likely I guess.

Working for a multinational company abroad helps, I know 2 immigrants here in Calgary who did very well, their good friends of mine from the mosque ( I am a convert to Islam). Both are Pakistani.

One was working for PWC in the Middle East and was able to transfer to PWC in Calgary, and later passed his CA exam. He now works for a large oil company, making well over 100 K a year. He's only about 34.

The other guy was working for Flour Daniel in Houston Texas, and was able to transfer to Calgary, again he makes a lot of money prob well over 100k judging by the car he drives and where he lives, he's about 30.

S0 just depends, I guess these guys were lucky in the sense that they were able to transfer over from their international companies.

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
riasath said:
Everything that can be counted ( finite ) is bound not to last. We are bound by destiny when it comes to life Span, travel, wealth and progeny. Take life as it comes one step at a time.
yes right.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
gvasdev2004 said:
keep on dreaming guys when u land here u have 2 face hardest truth hahahahahahaha gt ready to do labour class jobs
One perfect solution...be a Registered Nurse in Canada and you can work everywhere...have a decent salary and lots of employment opportunities. Registered Nurse is still a shortage in Canada and the good thing is its a regulated profession, so once you are registered...you will get hired. :)

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
lloydnina said:
One perfect solution...be a Registered Nurse in Canada and you can work everywhere...have a decent salary and lots of employment opportunities. Registered Nurse is still a shortage in Canada and the good thing is its a regulated profession, so once you are registered...you will get hired. :)
still u need to attend on their courses to get a job there as a registered nurse as far know... :p :p :p :p

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
FSWCIO said:
still u need to attend on their courses to get a job there as a registered nurse as far know... :p :p :p :p
In my case, they only required me to do the registration exam for nurses and i will be registered after that then i can work as a nurse...in my point of view, you will have a good chance of practising your profession if it is regulated-means there is a board that maintains the registration.

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
lloydnina said:
In my case, they only required me to do the registration exam for nurses and i will be registered after that then i can work as a nurse...in my point of view, you will have a good chance of practising your profession if it is regulated-means there is a board that maintains the registration.
ya, gOOD lUCK with your profession... which board regulate ur registration as a nurse now? edexcel? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
FSWCIO said:
ya, gOOD lUCK with your profession... which board regulate ur registration as a nurse now? edexcel? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
its the college of nurses of ontario.:)

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@lloyidina...why r u emigrating frm a very good country i.e. Australia? There is nursing shortage in Aussie too...

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
POSITIVE said:
@ lloyidina...why r u emigrating frm a very good country i.e. Australia? There is nursing shortage in Aussie too...
Australia is great...ive got a good paying job and very stable...but for family reasons we need to move to canada.

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
lloydnina said:
Australia is great...ive got a good paying job and very stable...but for family reasons we need to move to canada.
if u do any job in canada not as a nurse will it be a problem ? :-\

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
AAL1984 said:
I think it's better for people to try and arrange employment for themselves before they come, or to contact employers. Otherwise they might face the situation you described, most likely I guess.

Working for a multinational company abroad helps, I know 2 immigrants here in Calgary who did very well, their good friends of mine from the mosque ( I am a convert to Islam). Both are Pakistani.

One was working for PWC in the Middle East and was able to transfer to PWC in Calgary, and later passed his CA exam. He now works for a large oil company, making well over 100 K a year. He's only about 34.

The other guy was working for Flour Daniel in Houston Texas, and was able to transfer to Calgary, again he makes a lot of money prob well over 100k judging by the car he drives and where he lives, he's about 30.

S0 just depends, I guess these guys were lucky in the sense that they were able to transfer over from their international companies.
Your post has given me loads of courage. I am qualified accountant and need to pass only 6 exams to qualify as CMA (Certified Management Accountant) in Canada. I have very successful career in UK so far.
Your post suggests that Accountants can get good jobs, once they have Canadian qualification.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks to the respected author for sharing his/her experience. From my personal acquaintances in Canada I mostly heard similar stories of disappointment. Most experienced professionals decided to return home after certain time because they found it unacceptable to return to class and sit exams in order to get admission to their professional bodies. Moreover,many also started appreciating the disadvantages of their countries as advantages. For example, one person was in need of an urgent surgery but doctors did not consider the case to be serious enough for a surgery. She ended up going home to get operated in exchange for a modest bribe. Many also question the system of selection - those in priority occupations get fast track, but eventually all professionals end up doing the same kind of survival jobs. If we had to pass qualification exams before coming to canada, there would be less disappointments.
Each of us have their own reasons to move to Canada. What I am expecting from Canada is public security, relative to my home country, and stable lifetime income, even if it is minimum wage for the rest of my life. The best way to avoid disappointment is to consider ourselves as guests there. A guest can always politely leave if the host disappoints his expectations.

Ramz27

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
File in Damascus May 13 2011
Med's Request
sent from start
Med's Done....
15-feb-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-dec-2011
LANDED..........
26-dec-2011
bkuper said:
Hi Explorer101,

I disagree that Canadians would be disappointed in Australia. The reason is their entirely different mentality. Australians like to "give a fair go" and their way of thinking is much more open-minded and honest. I never realised this until we came to Canada and have experienced the complete opposite. It's been quite a shock.

Maybe it's one thing to land here as a young single person and not care too much about taking survival jobs, but the reality is that when you come as a family with school aged kids, it can destroy the harmony of a family if you are unable to find decent paid work. So for example, if mom and kids are used to dad working as a professional, then can you imagine what stress it puts on a family when dad has to go clean the floors at Canadian Tire to make ends meet because nobody will give him the time of day!

Nobody can really have a "plan" on how to deal with this, because people don't realise what it's like until they actually move here and experience it for themselves.

Although we've been here less than a year, we already discussing how much longer we're prepared to stay around. However, having paid a small fortune to move over, it's not so easy to just pack up and leave without having recuperated those funds first.
hello
my advise move to montreal so much more jobs here and if your have english your ok for a good job!!
good luck oh and montreal is BEAUTIFULL