Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
What is the Bank job situation there in canada? How difficult is it to get a descent Bank job? If any new comer banker from the subcontinent has any idea, please share.

ralu1150

Apr 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
01-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2010
I live in Montreal. I have a couple friends working in the banking field. I don't think they had a hard time finding a job.

bubu

May 30, 2010
hello
i am french citizen
I have 25 years experience in SME banking field i deal with a lot of commercial clients corporate business I am fluent in french and english would like to know if it is difficult to get a job in a bank in canada? may be somebody who is close to bankers in quebec of others provinces can give me some good advices
thanks in advance
thierry

Sarmad.abbasi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
I also have a banking experience. Looking for a Job in Saskatchewan Bank in customer services department as I am from the same field.

Can any one help please??

Resumeshop

Dec 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are bilingual, you should have no problem finding work at a bank in Canada. Check out the major banks and submit your resume online. You can try:

TD
RBC
Bank of Montreal
Scotia Bank

A good way to start would be as a teller or in the call centre and work your way up from there.

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've heard that RBC will be actively doing some recruiting in the new year at all levels - so keep their career page bookmarked for quick reference.

Another bank to consider is HSBC. One of the largest in the world with good presence in Canada.

CIBC rounds out the other majors in the country.

Cdn28

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
You'll want your resume to show your international transferrable banking skills. Some things will be different because of government different, so don't focus too much on this, but what have you done that a Canadian HR could relate to in the Canadian banking industry?

Heemu

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
Med's Request
14-10-2010
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-12-2010
I am a HR Professional working in a Bank. Is it possible to get job in the canadian banking industry in the similar field?

Canadian Career Coach

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What will be important in your situation is that while you have international banking experience your HR experience will need to be updated to the Canadian marketplace.

I may suggest you don't necessary focus on the industry but rather your core and transferrable skills which could likely apply to many industries.

If you want to stay in the HR field, depending on the province you immigrate to it will be critical that you have indepth knowledge of the Canadian employement laws, Health and Safety, privacy laws, human rights, etc, etc.

I would suggest you investigate taking a virtual courses to get your Canadian CHRP (HR) Designation.

You can start by looking at this site: www.hrpa.ca

S

SaugaBoss

hey everyone i applied to BMO for over 30 positions. a rep called me for the call center though. i worked at a bank for almost 3 years and have a B.S. is Finance and Business Management. the rep was nice and told me to apply for something more suitable for this point in my career and offered to email the recruiters on my behalf, but i have to see how it goes.

ben00

Apr 15, 2011
Hy all, well iam also interested in the canadian banking sector.I really have no idea of of their requirements.