+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Badly need help..

leuvina nicolas

May 26, 2012
Hi all, I have a situation here in behalf of my aunt. I don't know what to do and where to go. She has been married 8 years ago with a canadian citizen and all these time the guy was filing his income tax as single. And he hasn't processed any papers in order to sponsor my aunt? What can I do or where do I go to ask for some here because my aunt is still there in the Philippines and can't do anything. Is the marriage certificate in the Philippines valid here in canada? Please help....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's nothing your aunt can do or that you can do. If she wants to come to Canada because of her marriage to a Canadian citizen, then her Canadian citizen husband will have to sponsor her. That is the only option.

leuvina nicolas

May 26, 2012
Thank you for your reply. Actually my aunt is processing their annulment in the Philippines but the guy does not want to cooperate. Is there any way for us to sue him for at least like fraud or what?.. Does that mean that it is okay for him to be filing his income tax as single all those years even though they have been married in the Philippines?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sue him for what? If there is a problem with his taxes in Canada then only the government of Canada can sue him for it, not your aunt. You can report him if you want, but read this article before you do, he may have not done anything wrong...

http://blog.taxresource.ca/married-filing-jointly-in-canada/

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your aunt should find a good divorce/annulment attorney in the Philippines. This isn't an immigration issue - so I'm not sure anyone here will be able to assist you.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am not sure what you are looking for? Seems the most important issue is your aunt getting free of this legal commitment and Scylla has given you advice on that, yet you still have questions. This makes me think there is something ELSE on your mind - perhaps wondering if your aunt can still get to CANADA?

leuvina nicolas

May 26, 2012
hi. I'm sorry if I'm confusing you all. Actually there is no divorce in the philippines so my aunt is actually filing their annulment unfortunately the guy does not want to cooperate that is why i was hoping i could do something to report him regarding to what he did. And i don't know where to report him. My aunt is trying to get everything fixed regarding her status back in the philippines but the guy doesn't do anything and yes she still wants to go here even if not through the guy.
thank you for your reply.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
It sounds as if your Aunt is going to have to deal with the annulment through the legal system there. I don't know anything about the process and whether or not her husband's cooperation can be forced or is required. Regarding your aunt coming to Canada, perhaps you can help her with that. Can she come as an FSW? Would she be able to get points from having you already in Canada? Could she come with a job offer that you could help her with? Certainly having someone in Canada can be very helpful in finding a position. Good Luck.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Contact a divorce lawyer in Canada, she may be able to sue him for divorce issues with the assistance of a lawyer.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Good suggestion CanV. You may find this link helpful. See point 2 regarding Legal Aid services as well. Good Luck. http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/lifeevents/divorce.shtml