5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
qorax said:
Far from it... actually your b/ground & security checks [both] r still "on". Those 2 email responses r relatively similar... just that the VO's play around with words for frequent unsolicited queries, when they've nothing further to add to their earlier comment.

Unfortunately ppl from certain region/s r put under a stricter radar. Relax, u'd have your day, soon!

Qorax
It is good for them , that their visa officer sends a mail, i have sent 2 inquiries and i have never got any reply. I am really tire of lack of communication.

I have waited for so long and i do not know what to do at this point in time.

it is better to say no at an earlier stage , than keep me waiting and i do not know what will happen. I will continue wiaiting until the end.

Please any suggestions for me.? i will welcome it.

khakalove

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
Dear Qorax,
my name is imran , i have applied in family class, in 2009 , from Islamabad,
in 2010 may they refused me that marriage in not genuine , we appeals , and won through ADR ,
in November 2010, in march 2011, Islamabad office asked me updated ,med,imm forms, and police cirtficates, from dubai, where i
lived 5 years, i have sent these documents 4 April 2011, and 2nd June i hed send inq about my case, yhey replied 18th june
that, my application is in routine background inquiries, is that ok with my application? and if it is ok, then how long it can be up
to ? please any suggestion

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
khakalove said:
Dear Qorax,
my name is imran , i have applied in family class, in 2009 , from Islamabad,
in 2010 may they refused me that marriage in not genuine , we appeals , and won through ADR ,
in November 2010, in march 2011, Islamabad office asked me updated ,med,imm forms, and police cirtficates, from dubai, where i
lived 5 years, i have sent these documents 4 April 2011, and 2nd June i hed send inq about my case, yhey replied 18th june
that, my application is in routine background inquiries, is that ok with my application? and if it is ok, then how long it can be up
to ? please any suggestion
It apparently looks to be Ok. And if its a spousal apps -- u could be hearing from them anytime now.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaforall said:
It is good for them , that their visa officer sends a mail, i have sent 2 inquiries and i have never got any reply. I am really tire of lack of communication.

I have waited for so long and i do not know what to do at this point in time.

it is better to say no at an earlier stage , than keep me waiting and i do not know what will happen. I will continue wiaiting until the end.

Please any suggestions for me.? i will welcome it.
Canadaforall,

I understand your frustration about the lack of communication with your local VO.

Hope things change for good.

SFD

MowSow

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
2121+3131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
PER 01-06-2011
IELTS Request
SENT W/APP
File Transfer...
RBVO 20-06-2011
Med's Request
WAITING
Med's Done....
DONE
Interview........
WAVED
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
DONE
LANDED..........
FEBRUARY 2015
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
Thanks ! Great info

jpsingh7215

Apr 25, 2011
jpsingh7215 said:
hi Qorax,
i filed my case in Jan 2011 from India under 29 noc list. i received my file number from nova Scotia in the first week of mar 2011. i received my second file num from chc new delhi in the first week of Apr 2011. does that mean that my visa office eligibility review is complete or my background checks still going on?
please guide?

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SFD said:
Canadaforall,

I understand your frustration about the lack of communication with your local VO.

Hope things change for good.

SFD
Hi SFD,
Yes, it is very frustrating. Even a mail to explain like other visa officer do, t would have been better than just being quiet.
One day i was so angry, and i said to myself, if it is a rejection they should better send it through and stop wasting my time. Canada is not the end of t he world. They are people who live out of Canada and still live better lives.

I am not going t here to sit and they will just give me money, i will be going to struggle like any other immigrant. I am happy i am moving me forward with my things, i am not sitting and waiting for them.

Communication is the key of life and the VO can not deny the applicants. That is Africa and it is they way they run their own things, we can not change it.

I will continue waiting.

Thanks.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaforall said:
Hi SFD,
Yes, it is very frustrating. Even a mail to explain like other visa officer do, t would have been better than just being quiet.
One day i was so angry, and i said to myself, if it is a rejection they should better send it through and stop wasting my time. Canada is not the end of t he world. They are people who live out of Canada and still live better lives.

I am not going t here to sit and they will just give me money, i will be going to struggle like any other immigrant. I am happy i am moving me forward with my things, i am not sitting and waiting for them.

Communication is the key of life and the VO can not deny the applicants. That is Africa and it is they way they run their own things, we can not change it.

I will continue waiting.

Thanks.
Hello Caandafor all,

Please do so. Keep expressing yourself helps you to feel better.

VOs around the world don't have the same criteria to manage communication I guess.

Keep in touch...

SFD

ravi3553

May 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
soon
hi qorax
We received your application for permanent residence on September 9, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on January 4, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on June 22, 2011.

:-\ when can i expect medicals,, is the message says that they opened my file on june 22 , 2011??????/ please help me me in explaining this???????????????/// thank you

murtazaabbasi

Mar 9, 2010
Pakistan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2010
Doc's Request.
12-July-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
12-July-2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
Done on 3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
Sent by E-medical System
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
yes, rcvd PR1
VISA ISSUED...
Got it
LANDED..........
landed 24-May2015, Decision made 22-2-2019. Next Oath
ravi3553 said:
hi qorax
We received your application for permanent residence on September 9, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on January 4, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on June 22, 2011.

:-\ when can i expect medicals,, is the message says that they opened my file on june 22 , 2011??????/ please help me me in explaining this???????????????/// thank you
I think wait for 2 to 3 months

sohail-khan86

Star Member
May 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2009
Doc's Request.
4-6-2010
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-12-2010
Med's Done....
27-12-2010---------- re-meds (24-2-2012)
Interview........
sept 2011... Case Approved...
Passport Req..
25/7/2012.. decision made. (28/8/2012) lets see when I get my passport back now..
VISA ISSUED...
22/8/2012
LANDED..........
27th jan 13 n became permanent resident...
Dear Qorax,
I recently received my CAIPS .. However I dont understand many things in it.. Actually i was called for an interview from chc london that being the main reason why i ordered my caips.. However upon receiving them I couldn't find anything which might be of concern.. However i will cut short the details and get to point..

my finals points calculated by visa office(CHC London) are 70.
PSDEC=1
SELDEC=4
BDEC=0
OREQ=0
MEDDEC=0
FINDEC=0

I did my medicals last year in December and I guess they are fine since it says that my MEDICAL STAGE is M01.

the only problem now is that what does the above mentioned decisions means and why i have 0 in front of all of them besides PSDEC and SELDEC.. even in MEDDEC although my medical has been received by them and seems fine.. also what does M01 stage in medical means? also in caips it is mentioned that my file has been sent several times to BXC? which visa office is this BXC?
Now i couldn't find anything negative in my caips everything was going perfect but In last CHC london forwarded my file to ISD. then ISD forwarded it back to BXC.. then it says under heading.. NMP.. No concerns raised that can be corroborated.. then file is again sent back to isd. and in last under BXC heading it says Interviewing officer should review file.. and afterwards they have asked different visa offices to add me in queue for interview.

What does this mean.. I mean in what situations does they usually ask interviewing officer to review file when everything is going perfect... :-[ :-[
I surely am unlucky here since my case would be delayed quite a bit now because of interview.. I am scheduled for an interview in Sweden soon enough however I haven't got my interview's details....