14-07-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012 (Passports sent on 04-12-2012) Received request for POF on 4-2-2012 Submitted POF on 15-2-2013, Received request for Saudi PCC on 2-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made on 28.10.2013
LANDED..........
Landed at Toronto on 28th Nov. 2013
Canada will continue to process Federal Skilled Worker visa backlog

Earlier this year Canadian immigration announced their plans to stop the processing of Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) visa applications submitted before 27 February 2008 and reject these applications in order to reduce the backlog of visa applications. However, more recently, the immigration department has reportedly instructed its visa officers not to return the applications and continue processing the visas.

As part of Canadian immigration's plan to reduce the backlog of visa applications, the Canadian government announced in March they would be rejecting almost 300,000 Canadian visa applications made before 27 February 2008. Their applications were to be returned and $130 million worth of fees refunded to enable Canadian immigration to reduce the massive backlog they say has been standing in the way of major reform to the immigration system.

At least for now, plans to reject and return the backlog of visa applications will be halted until the Canadian government announces further instructions on how to proceed. The government has already directed Canada embassies not to return the applications and the processing fee and continue processing the applications.

Traditionally, Canada has had a first-in first-out system meaning that visa applicants wait in a queue to have their visa applications processed. Therefore, the decision to reject all of the applications in the backlog received before 27 February 2008 has proved detrimental to applicants who have been waiting for years for their applications to be processed.

Other Canadian immigration options that may be worth considering include the Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) program or one of the Provincial Nominee programs.

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2012-05-30/canada/canada-will-continue-to-process-federal-skilled-worker-visa-backlog.htm

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
joydhaka said:
Dear Captain qorax

I got PPR today. My passport is Manual. On the passport specification page it is written "All names and dates of birth must be printed in each passport in English or French. " To get a Machine readable passport I need more than a month.

Can I submit my manual passport to LVO ? Please help me.
Though MRPs r appreciated by CIC it isn't a must as yet for most nationalities. It's mandatory though for certain CIS counties & others, especially while fetching a visitor's TRV.

U should thus, be fine with ur manual pps I guess.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
canada0801 said:
Mr qorax,

what is the source of your shared here information ? Is there any published manual by CIC or any collaboration of the many insights you provide here ?
I noticed that occasionally you answer questions and make comments that turn out to be not supported by CAIPS notes of others in similar circumstances.

Please do not take an offence, I don't try to discredit you, just curious where and what is the source of your statements or whether it is the best guess you share ? Another possibility is that you are familiar with the processing at NDVO and they have different patterns of case processing, which would also explain some inconsistency.

Otherwise, if there is any published pdf formatted guideline/officers manual on CIC or any related page where these steps are officially described I would greatly appreciate the link.'

I have a feeling that CIC processes the cases based on criteria that is not universally matched by any of the individual experiences , some people start getting verification calls long after 'medical results received' is added on ecas, others get PPR almost immediately after MR and landed in no time. The whole process seems to be random or based on variables that are not transparent.
However, I will admit that am not an expert and far from categorically saying anything, at this point am just curious is there a published manual or guideline for CIC to process cases after MR request ?
If not then everything is guessed and theorized , which is great but may not be accurate at all.

Again, please do not take anything personally, i think you are a nice person and lots of people commend you for taking a time to reply. My goal is not to make you feel bad about what you do, all i ask is where is the confirmation that the way you describe is indeed how cases are processed .
My graying & receding hairline I guess.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
msaleem216 said:
Dear captain slam

can u comments on my case please

job offer---- yes
last updates(PCC+photos + updated forms) sent july2011
from sept --to -- feb repeated reply from vo " file is in queue waiting for review"

april 26 reply " file is being reviewed by vo will contact if we need further info/doc"
may 30(today) reply " This is to advise that your file is still being reviewed.

We will contact you once we are in a position to proceed with your application"

saleem
What's ur application date?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
dreaming_yyz said:
Hi Qorax,

I just wanted to ask you the significance of SELDEC: 1 and PSDEC: 1 (This is what I got in my CAIPS report) My BFD is 1st June 2012.
Does this means that the eligibility review is complete and basic back ground checks are over.
PSDEC-1: File has been screened for it's contents, and everything has been found in place & correctly. It'd soon be sent to MICROLOCATOR for micro-filming (for posterity).

SELDEC-1: File has bee reviewed by an IO, has been found "eligible" and "provisionally accepted" for further processing.

Thereon ur b/ground checks would "start"... not "over".

Qorax

joydhaka

Jul 18, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13th of January.
Med's Done....
10th of February, E-cas update 19th of February.
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
30.05.12, Passport submit 31.05.12 to LVO physically.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2012
Dear captain

Many thanks for your reply. I understood cis but not others as you said. I am from Bangladesh.

Best regards.

qorax said:
Though MRPs r appreciated by CIC it isn't a must as yet for most nationalities. It's mandatory though for certain CIS counties & others, especially while fetching a visitor's TRV.

U should thus, be fine with ur manual pps I guess.

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
qorax said:
My graying & receding hairline I guess.
I have graying hair of my own, although not yet receding. Shall i consider it a source of confirmed information on CIC or should i wait for some hair to fall off before ? OK, j/k. Only letting you know that i am also not a young kid.

I guess then these are mostly the conclusions you made based on general information contained on CIC application/instructions page and may be some inferences made based on anecdotes and personal experiences of those whom you know.

Anyway, thank you for participation and trying to help others. I have no more questions and will let you answer those who have.

Rajpar

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 08
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
March, 2009
IELTS Request
July 2009.
File Transfer...
30 th June, 2010
Med's Request
February, 2012
Med's Done....
28th Feb. 2012
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
PPR-1, 27/7/12, PPR-2, 10/09/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22nd August, 2012. Received on 15/09/2012
LANDED..........
on 11th October, 2012.
Dear Sir Qorax,

My friend is a FSW category applicant. He applied around March, 2008. He is from Pakistan.He was asked to submit complete documents by Oct.2010. He did so except despatching IELTS Certificate. He tried to prove his Language proficiency for mentioning as the entire medium of instruction of his education remained English and got the same verified by his deans of universities. Recently, he was asked by cic to submit IELTS certificate again they advised him not to misrepresent.He could not produce IELTS certificate again. His date of submission of docs. expires on 20th May, 2012. So what do you expect from cic, will they close his file? r he might be given an opportunity still to produce the lang. certificate r something else.

kchakus

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Not Yet
qorax said:
PSDEC-1: File has been screened for it's contents, and everything has been found in place & correctly. It'd soon be sent to MICROLOCATOR for micro-filming (for posterity) --> Application is assessed for 67 marks?

SELDEC-1: File has been reviewed by an IO, has been found "eligible" and "provisionally accepted" for further processing --> Application has been assessed for the pass mark of 67?

Qorax

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
joydhaka said:
Dear Captain qorax

I got PPR today. My passport is Manual. On the passport specification page it is written "All names and dates of birth must be printed in each passport in English or French. " To get a Machine readable passport I need more than a month.

Can I submit my manual passport to LVO ? Please help me.
So far, manual one consists also Name, DOB in English! So, what's the problem? How many days they have allowed? As you already have a passport, its possible to issue a newer one within 21 days (in Bangladesh). You can contact your regional passport office.

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
deba_avik said:
So far, manual one consists also Name, DOB in English! So, what's the problem? How many days they have allowed? As you already have a passport, its possible to issue a newer one within 21 days (in Bangladesh). You can contact your regional passport office.
Dear tell me what will the result shown after passport readable through machine (i mean what does the IO find )

annmarypallickal

Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2011
Doc's Request.
april 2011
AOR Received.
may 2011
File Transfer...
june 2011
Med's Request
january 2013
Med's Done....
february 2013
Passport Req..
january 2013
VISA ISSUED...
april 2013
LANDED..........
april 2013
qorax said:
PSDEC-1: File has been screened for it's contents, and everything has been found in place & correctly. It'd soon be sent to MICROLOCATOR for micro-filming (for posterity).

SELDEC-1: File has bee reviewed by an IO, has been found "eligible" and "provisionally accepted" for further processing.

Qorax
dear captain,

It'd soon be sent to MICROLOCATOR for micro-filming (for posterity).

can u pls tell me what is this stage of sending it through microcalculator?

pls...

regards,

ann

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
sam pk said:
Dear tell me what will the result shown after passport readable through machine (i mean what does the IO find )
MRP has a bar code and its possible to find information of the user through this bar code. Moreover, these MRPs are encouraged round the world.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Rajpar said:
Dear Sir Qorax,

My friend is a FSW category applicant. He applied around March, 2008. He is from Pakistan.He was asked to submit complete documents by Oct.2010. He did so except despatching IELTS Certificate. He tried to prove his Language proficiency for mentioning as the entire medium of instruction of his education remained English and got the same verified by his deans of universities. Recently, he was asked by cic to submit IELTS certificate again they advised him not to misrepresent.He could not produce IELTS certificate again. His date of submission of docs. expires on 20th May, 2012. So what do you expect from cic, will they close his file? r he might be given an opportunity still to produce the lang. certificate r something else.
The IO would award u the bare minimum points for language... if that takes u to 67, u r good, else - u know what.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
annmarypallickal said:
dear captain,

It'd soon be sent to MICROLOCATOR for micro-filming (for posterity).

can u pls tell me what is this stage of sending it through microcalculator?

pls...

regards,

ann
After Paper Screening all files r sent to MICROLOCATOR... to make & keep digital files of our apps.