Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
I was just wondering at what stage are background checks completed for inland sponsorship applications. I was told it is usually after AIP is granted. We called the call centre and the agent stated they are currently completing the background checks. We do not have AIP yet. Is this normal procedure?

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
TeresaLynn said:
I was just wondering at what stage are background checks completed for inland sponsorship applications. I was told it is usually after AIP is granted. We called the call centre and the agent stated they are currently completing the background checks. We do not have AIP yet. Is this normal procedure?
It seems it can be done at any stage. When I ordered my FOSS 7 months into the process, it showed RCMP checks were ordered. I applied in May 2010 and the FOSS notes in December showed the checks were ordered in November and it also in December as well. So it could mean they were doing it at that time. I sent my police report from back home with the application. I got 1st and 2nd stage approval at the same time so I guess it is a good thing if the checks early. So if it's being done before AIP then that's a good thing. I don't think it's abnormal.

niagradreamin

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
DAM
NOC Code......
MD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suenim said:
It seems it can be done at any stage. When I ordered my FOSS 7 months into the process, it showed RCMP checks were ordered. I applied in May 2010 and the FOSS notes in December showed the checks were ordered in November and it also in December as well. So it could mean they were doing it at that time. I sent my police report from back home with the application. I got 1st and 2nd stage approval at the same time so I guess it is a good thing if the checks early. So if it's being done before AIP then that's a good thing. I don't think it's abnormal.
I second this it can happen in any stage

cndcit

Sep 16, 2010
What is immigration looking for? Do they look at employment histories? Addresses lived,taxes etc? What really do they look at and how? Do they just Google the persons name? Will we ever know ?

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Mine were done before AIP....I think it depends on where you come from. High risk country citizens, seem to be done after AIP as they take a lot longer. Therefore, the applicant can work and get medical coverage whilst back ground checks are being done.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
angelbrat said:
Mine were done before AIP....I think it depends on where you come from. High risk country citizens, seem to be done after AIP as they take a lot longer. Therefore, the applicant can work and get medical coverage whilst back ground checks are being done.
how long after they started the background checks were you granted AIP?

MrsCasanova

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
01-17-2010
Med's Request
10 - 07- 2009
Med's Done....
0 - 07 - 2009
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
01-17-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-06-2011
what's aip?

they already have my hubbys rcmp criminal record check, passport and they asked him to re do his medicals (they expired...hes outland)

do you think they have already done his background checks?

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
AIP- application in process, this is when the sponsor is approved. Inland it takes about 9-10 months to for AIP.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
TeresaLynn said:
AIP- application in process, this is when the sponsor is approved. Inland it takes about 9-10 months to for AIP.
AIP ( APPROVED IN PRINCIPAL) sorry for butting in ???

And background/security checks are done all the way through your application, RCMP is first if your inland, then theres the background search , work history , family history etc...security checks are done last, to make sure you are not a national threat to Canada.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
I would really know what they actually check. For example they didn't contact my bfs Past Canadian employer at all. That's why it's hard to understand why inland takes so long over an Outland application. The RCMP check takes a few days at most. I have no idea how it works.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
My MP told me CIC are changing the system around, Meds and background /security checks will be done first .Don't know when this is going to change , he just said it is.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
eyeoftheocean said:
My MP told me CIC are changing the system around, Meds and background /security checks will be done first .Don't know when this is going to change , he just said it is.
Seems like this would at least speed things up.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
TeresaLynn said:
how long after they started the background checks were you granted AIP?

Sorry, I have no idea. I just know that I received my AIP on 27th April 2010 and landed May 20th 2010.

When I received my AIP letter, it stated that all checks had been completed and I was approved for PR. The application had been forwarded to my local office (Vancouver) and I was to wait for my landing interview letter. This came a week later.

saifsmarty

Apr 4, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
JUNE 2011.
Passport Req..
ON WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
kelKel said:
Seems like this would at least speed things up.

i'm in process 'out land canada',at Islamabad office.when i checked last in jan,2011..embassy wrote in reply that " background checks are done for this application".. i want to add that im in process for long time and i think they took most time in checking background/security etc... does anyone know that when they say background is done for this case ..does it mean that "background and security done or they only mean to say background only? does security cheks not come with background chekcs ?".. plzz ,im so confused and up set ..also plz tell me that when backgrounds r done ..in how much time can they ask for PPR for pr visa? i have ordered my caips too to know clear pic abt my case as 40 months r gone just in PROCESSING ... more than 2 months r passed since my backgrounds r over. will my application go for a decision maker officer now or is my ppr near ? thanks for guiding and supporting in the time of pain ..

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
eyeoftheocean said:
AIP ( APPROVED IN PRINCIPAL) sorry for butting in ???

And background/security checks are done all the way through your application, RCMP is first if your inland, then theres the background search , work history , family history etc...security checks are done last, to make sure you are not a national threat to Canada.

Your right!! i dunno what i was thinking LOL brain must of went to mush for a moment.