+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check is taking too long

Jan 12, 2024
Hi i applied for an spouse-OWP. I lodge my files this November and i got result of biometrics and medical as approved(Dec 6)
It's been one and half month still no email. I miss my wife and my 4 years old son is crying every night looking for her mom. How long will it take till we join her in alberta , shes studying for almost 2 weeks now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi i applied for an spouse-OWP. I lodge my files this November and i got result of biometrics and medical as approved(Dec 6)
It's been one and half month still no email. I miss my wife and my 4 years old son is crying every night looking for her mom. How long will it take till we join her in alberta , shes studying for almost 2 weeks now.
Where did you apply from? Did you apply together? Does son have approved TRV? Has eligibility passed?

Background can take weeks or months depending on where you have lived and lived. Also all your documentation has to be verified too. SOWP is not guaranteed as your spouse may have been approved because you are her ties to return.

Reactions: John Vincent Dasig
Jan 12, 2024
Were from the philippines. Yes my son got approved on medical and biometrics as well(does not need biometrics)me and my son applied together after my wife's approval.

Jan 12, 2024
Where did you apply from? Did you apply together? Does son have approved TRV? Has eligibility passed?

Background can take weeks or months depending on where you have lived and lived. Also all your documentation has to be verified too. SOWP is not guaranteed as your spouse may have been approved because you are her ties to return.
Well our LOI indicates the we 3 will be going there

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Were from the philippines. Yes my son got approved on medical and biometrics as well(does not need biometrics)me and my son applied together after my wife's approval.
Processing for an open work permit from Philippines is 20 weeks so well within processing times. No much you can do as there is no expedited processing.