+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Back ground checks

harish

Dec 3, 2005
india
hi,

Visa Officers conduct back ground checks.
Why they contact one's present employer? How they contact the present employer- by phone or personal visit? Do one need to remain present during their enquiry?
I may not be physically present in the office, as i have to look after remote site.

Regards,
HJ

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

harish said:
hi,

Visa Officers conduct back ground checks.
Why they contact one's present employer? How they contact the present employer- by phone or personal visit? Do one need to remain present during their enquiry?
I may not be physically present in the office, as i have to look after remote site.

Regards,
HJ
Usually by phone to confirm job essists and your job duties and they usually speak to human resources or supervisor.

PMM

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
Hi PMM,

Background check starts after successfully IA, am I right?
Interview waived as a result of successfully IA, am I right?
Well, they do background check or security clearances after they have received FBI files or on that day just after successfully IA?
Is background check applied to every body or only for suspicious applicant?
How long does it take for background check?
If we get PPR, can be classified that we have passed background check?
Your comments is greatly appreciated :)

Sphexi

May 5, 2006
As far as I know, they never called my employer. I submitted the FBI background check (clear), they sent me a letter asking for a state police background check (clear), nothing beyond that. I never heard anything from my employer about them calling there, but I suppose it's possible?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Sphexi said:
As far as I know, they never called my employer. I submitted the FBI background check (clear), they sent me a letter asking for a state police background check (clear), nothing beyond that. I never heard anything from my employer about them calling there, but I suppose it's possible?
They don't phone every employer, it is usually when they have doubts or the job description is not very clear.

PMM

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
Hi PMM,

Well, they do background check or security clearances after they have received FBI files or on that day just after successfully IA?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

andy said:
Hi PMM,

1. Yes
2. Not necessarily, could Quality Assurance Interview, Security Interview, or if something turns up on background check.
3. Two different processes, your FBI criminal records check was supposed to be included with application. The security background is forward to CSIS after IA.
4. Security could take 3 months to over a year depending on where you have resided and depending on your associations.
5. Yes.

PMM

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
Thank you very much PMM, few more questions:
1. Is background check applied to every body on only for a suspicious applicant?
2. What is stand for CSIS, is it same like FBI in states?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

andy said:
Thank you very much PMM, few more questions:
1. Is background check applied to every body on only for a suspicious applicant?
2. What is stand for CSIS, is it same like FBI in states?
1. Yes
2. Canadian Security Intelligence Service, closer to CIA than FBI

PMM

umeshb26

May 22, 2007
What does IA mean in "Background check starts after successfully IA, am I right? "

I too had got background checks Pl. inform how much time it may take.

andy said:
Hi PMM,

dpshah

May 2, 2007
Dear PMM,
You said while replying andy's question that if you get PPR, you should take it as background check is over. Is it true? If it is so, I got my PPR in the month of sept. but still it is in process. I could not understand it. Can you please elaborate it?

dpshah

May 2, 2007
Dear will!
I said PPR i.e. passport request. You said PR i.e. permanent resident. Please go through the matter carefully yaar! I still expect reply from PMM and other friends.