+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Back from citizenship test

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
What stef has said makes sense plus I would like to add that they will order your CBSA report to check your history of entries to Canada. In my understanding by back ground checking this is what he meant because there was issue with your entry/exit.. But like Stef said they can also do other back ground checks..Good luck. You can also order your GCMS/ATIP notes to see officer's notes and concerns and status of your back ground checks like security/criminality, prohibitions etc

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

it takes 30 days to get these notes

Last edited:
Reactions: Stef.

Streetparty

Sep 27, 2016
Hi, thanks for all the replies.

Some updates on this: I called CIC today and the agent answering my phone is very friendly. She helped to check my case file and said it is the security check that is pending. She said till now it is a normal process and nothing to worry about. She also verified my mailing address and contact telephone number.

Hope I can get into next step soon.

jamainsid1910

Jan 8, 2015
@jamainsid1910 Thanks for the reply. My interviewer officer only said background check, I am not sure whether it is a security check. I shall ask on the spot.

You shall be ok as it is only a normal security check, not a RQ. Only that you need to wait patiently for a few more days. Good luck!
@ Streetparty today I checked my online status and it says decision made but still no oath letter received.