+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby delivery for non insured people

majid_kam

Jan 10, 2017
Hi All,

I am an international student at Montreal. My wife is pregnant and we do not have insurance that covers the pregnancy follow-up and the baby delivery. We called many doctors and they asked us for 4000 CAD in front excluding the hospital fees which could reach 8000 CAD.

Can anyone suggest me what to do in my situation?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
$8,000-$12,000 is not unheard of for a simple, uncomplicated pregnancy. If there are any complications, you could be looking at the hundreds of thousands of dollars for a delivery. At least one couple incurred charges of nearly a million dollars.

If you have no insurance, you can either attempt to work out a payment plan (which would be hundreds of dollars a month, forever), find insurance, or return home to deliver the baby, where presumably it may be cheaper.

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am an international student at Montreal. My wife is pregnant and we do not have insurance that covers the pregnancy follow-up and the baby delivery. We called many doctors and they asked us for 4000 CAD in front excluding the hospital fees which could reach 8000 CAD.

Can anyone suggest me what to do in my situation?
check with birth centre Plamondon.

Best of Luck !!

source :
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pregnancy-and-child-birth-costs-montreal-quebec.114381/