+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Awaiting passports from Canadian consulate in New York

AJ2012

Feb 25, 2012
Hello

Here is my exp for getting a visitors visa (multiple entry) by mail in NY consulate.

Deliverd to NY COnslate on 8 Feb 2012
they processed my check on 15th feb 2012
they mailed my documents back on 24th 2012

I had sent a priority envelop (with tracking#) with my application. I inquired by an email on 22nd feb. they replied back on 24th feb that they have posted my documents.

let me know if anyone has questions.

Thanks
AJ

em-four

Feb 28, 2012
I mailed my application from Boston on Feb 2, they received it on Feb 4.
I contacted them on feb 27th (yesterday) and was told that it was still in processing. I will contact again on March 4th since that would be 30 days since they received it.

stuapp

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 24, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 9, 2015
Med's Request
May 8, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015
Interview........
RPRF Req.: May 18, 2015
Does Detroit provide visitor visa at the border( if not applied in advance ) ?

CoolToo8190

Feb 10, 2012
I mailed my application to NY consulate for TRV without the original passport. I later on received an letter from them after 3 weeks to submit the passport. I went in person to NY consulate and got it stamped the same day. NY consulate accepts people in person for stamping from 1pm-2.30pm

I did check this forum and CIC website and it was told requirement to mail original passport. My attorney indicated its fine to send application without the passport and they will further request it and that is exactly what happened.

em-four

Feb 28, 2012
em-four said:
I mailed my application from Boston on Feb 2, they received it on Feb 4.
I contacted them on feb 27th (yesterday) and was told that it was still in processing. I will contact again on March 4th since that would be 30 days since they received it.
Just to follow up, saw on USPS that my passport was mailed yesterday (March 7th) so it took about 33 days to complete.

mariaark

Mar 13, 2012
Hi All,

Does anyone have an idea how long does it take for the Detroit Consulate to process a visitor visa application?
I am in Canada, I have a work permit, I just needed to get a visa to be able to travel to/from Canada. So I sent my application to Detroit Consulate, the mail went to P.O. Box in Windsor - in their directions on the website they allow you to send it to the PO Box in Canada... So it was delivered on 23rd of February.
On the website they say processing time min. 30 days.
I know they still have time, but I feel very worried for my passport and I don't know what to do and what are my rights in this situation...
So I will be thankful for any information.

Thanks,
Maria.

snowflake2209

Mar 13, 2012
Hello
I have send my passport in NY for student permit 2 weeks ago. I want to go to Canada April 22nd
I hope I will get passport soon

singlanamita

Mar 26, 2012
em-four:

How did you contact NY embassy. I mailed my application on March 9th and they received it on March 12th. I haven't heard/received anything from them yet.

Thanks

snowflake2209

Mar 13, 2012
I mailed my application on Feb.28th and they received it on Feb.29th. On March 22nd I got E-mail that I am scheduled for interview on April 12th. It takes about 6 weeks

em-four

Feb 28, 2012
singlanamita said:
em-four:

How did you contact NY embassy. I mailed my application on March 9th and they received it on March 12th. I haven't heard/received anything from them yet.

Thanks
I contacted the consulate form the website. they are very quick to reply.
dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20york

do not contact them until 30 days have passed.

singlanamita

Mar 26, 2012
I got an email from them that my passport has been mailed today.

Thanks,
Namita
em-four said:
I contacted the consulate form the website. they are very quick to reply.
dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20york

do not contact them until 30 days have passed.

ditty

Apr 10, 2012
Will it be OK if I apply to NY office even though I live in CA? Or is it a must that I should apply to LA office only?

gnanasekarans

Jun 15, 2012
Hi Sandy,

You initailly mentioned that, the email response you got from the canadain counsulate that, they could not locate your file or they may have sent it back for whatver reason (which is my case at the moment-very frustrating). Then you later siad that you got an email from they that it is being processed and then u ultimately got ur passport in 39 days. is my account correct, so their originla email that they dont have ur case is irresponsible? plz clarify