+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Awaiting passports from Canadian consulate in New York

gnanasekarans

Jun 15, 2012
staying-positive said:
I wrote an email to newyork-imenquiry @ international.gc.ca and they said they did not find my information in the system. That my passport was "probably" returned to me due to missing signature or something else and that they don't keep tracking number from the mails they send. But they are assuming that (probably). My question is where is my passport? Visa or not I need my passport!
Hi Staying Positive,

I am in exactly the same position as you were...very curious to know how ur situation was resolved. plz can u share it or give me ur email thanks

Nidz

Jul 30, 2012
I had mailed my passport to the New York Canadian consulate on 9th July 2012. I was so happy to see the return prepaid express mail in my mailbox but when I opened it they had send me the WRONG passport. It had the original documents and passport belonging to someone else, who lives in another city. And our names are not similar infact we belong to different ethnicities. How can a they be so careless with a passport. I am not sure where my passport is. I plan to go to the embassy tomorrow, no idea if they will be of any help.

Right now I dnt even care for a visa stamp from them, all I want is my passport back safely!

Any thoughts/suggestions ?

fishics

Jul 23, 2012
hi Nidz
That sounds horrible
i m also planning to go there in person just to get the passport back in a few days.
just to make sure it's not my passport that you received :eek:...
my last name is Huang......

Nidz said:
I had mailed my passport to the New York Canadian consulate on 9th July 2012. I was so happy to see the return prepaid express mail in my mailbox but when I opened it they had send me the WRONG passport. It had the original documents and passport belonging to someone else, who lives in another city. And our names are not similar infact we belong to different ethnicities. How can a they be so careless with a passport. I am not sure where my passport is. I plan to go to the embassy tomorrow, no idea if they will be of any help.

Right now I dnt even care for a visa stamp from them, all I want is my passport back safely!

js15

Aug 27, 2012
I have sent my application for Temporary Resident Visa for Canada(Visitor Visa) in New York Office by mail on July 19,2012 and has been received by NY office on july 23,2012.
I have to travel out side the country by next week,and still I have not received my passport. I have my tickets ready for next weekend for my official visit and still did not received my passport back from canadian consulate NY. As per the instruction on website processing is done in two to four weeks, and four weeks are already over. Already Sent them the email and Fax about enquiry but still got no response.
This is really frustrating. Can any one suggest me what to do , or shall i wait for more days?

LUXX

Aug 30, 2012
WRONG PASSPORT -- Re: Awaiting passports from Canadian consulate in New York

Hi Nidz, I can't believe this also happened to me as well. But mine is at Detroit office. After saw online shown Decision Made not for a while, yesterday I finally received my original Canada Xpresspost envelope that with my own hand-writing on, BUT inside is SOMEONE ELSE'S PASSPORT and other original files. I was so shocked and immediately send an urgent email to Detroit office as well as called them to report this mistake. However, they only simply emailed me that I have to immediately return the files, and mentioned at the end that they will try to locate the my passport at the meantime. The email sounded pretty demanding to me. they never returned me a call even though they promised they will do so by yesterday, I guess that email is already considered as their response to this, so they won't bother to call. By now, I haven't received anything, maybe my passport is on the way out to whoever they don't even know, and not sure if it's in a registered mail or regular mail, or maybe there involved more applicants not only me...!!!!

I was so anxious losing my passport. It is going to be very messy and cause so much delay. Since now on, I don't think I can say anything is guaranteed. Nothing is guaranteed, even though is a simply little thing. Man it's passport, how can people be so careless to someone's passport......!!!!! all i can do is wait, torturing wait....!!!!!!

Hey Nidz, have your case been smoothed out yet? Would you share what happened to your case after that?

Thanks a million for sharing, everybody!

Nidz said:

baacheey

Sep 2, 2012
Hi,

I have submitted my TRV application at the Canadian consulate in New York on Monday, 20th August 2012.
I was told that the decision will be announced on Thursday, 23rd August 2012.
The only reason for me to go to New York from Iowa was to get the passport as soon as possible. I'm now concerned about my passport as I do not have any track of it. I was not even given any receipt at the consulate after submitting my application for TRV.
I have submitted a paid USPS return envelope to be mailed to me as I cannot go to the consulate on Thursday.

If I go to consulate and ask for my passport will they give my passport same day?
Please Help... Is anyone in the same situation????

Thanks.....

baacheey

Sep 2, 2012
Re: WRONG PASSPORT -- Re: Awaiting passports from Canadian consulate in New York

Did you get your passport?

LUXX said:
Hi Nidz, I can't believe this also happened to me as well. But mine is at Detroit office. After saw online shown Decision Made not for a while, yesterday I finally received my original Canada Xpresspost envelope that with my own hand-writing on, BUT inside is SOMEONE ELSE'S PASSPORT and other original files. I was so shocked and immediately send an urgent email to Detroit office as well as called them to report this mistake. However, they only simply emailed me that I have to immediately return the files, and mentioned at the end that they will try to locate the my passport at the meantime. The email sounded pretty demanding to me. they never returned me a call even though they promised they will do so by yesterday, I guess that email is already considered as their response to this, so they won't bother to call. By now, I haven't received anything, maybe my passport is on the way out to whoever they don't even know, and not sure if it's in a registered mail or regular mail, or maybe there involved more applicants not only me...!!!!

I was so anxious losing my passport. It is going to be very messy and cause so much delay. Since now on, I don't think I can say anything is guaranteed. Nothing is guaranteed, even though is a simply little thing. Man it's passport, how can people be so careless to someone's passport......!!!!! all i can do is wait, torturing wait....!!!!!!

Hey Nidz, have your case been smoothed out yet? Would you share what happened to your case after that?

Thanks a million for sharing, everybody!

drdgmmrm

Aug 6, 2010
New Westminster
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th 2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
Oct 3rd 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Nov 11th 2011
Med's Request
July 26th 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 20
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
July 26 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Since 31st Dec, 2012 :)
Passport sent from Canada to India for visa stamp

baacheey said:
Did you get your passport?
Similar situation, sent the PCCs from other countries, RPR fees and my Passport along with that of three other family members for Canada PR visa on 21st Aug and this is through Canada post registered post. No updates on whether they received it or not on the CP website/ CIC. Getting really worried, any one with a similar experience?

nzl5071

Nov 5, 2012
Does anyone knows will the consulate still open during thanksgiving weeks. I submitted my application for TRV to the New York consulate on OCT 25th. I am not sure when can I get my visa back. Is there any way to track. looking for help.

edds

Nov 20, 2012
Has anyone got their TRVs from NYC Canadian Consulate lately. I had applied in person on 10/22 and still no response. Want to hear from others who have applied around the same time frame.

appleyan

Nov 21, 2012
Hi, i submitted my TRV application to the New York consulate on Oct 10th and they received Oct 12. No news until today. I planned to go Canada this week I ends up have to cancel my trip. I called and e-mail them but no one reply. Anyway I can get my passport back? I need to fly to other state on December. Any recommendation is highly appreciated!

appleyan

Nov 21, 2012
Yeah, I am international student here. I'm so worry if I will miss another trip. Did u try to contact them?